TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Clerks II Offcial Thread

Guest Vitamin X

Jesus! Are you serious? This movie's gotten about as much publicity/marketing as the first one..

Guest Skironox

I've seen commercials every 20 minutes on Spike and USA during RAW. I hear the commercials aren't representative of the movie, but they still look quite terrible, and I'm fearing this. We shall see.

Guest Vitamin X

from the trailer I remember seeing some time ago, this has more of a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back feeling than the original Clerks.

That's gotta be disappointing, but just seeing the old gang again would be fun.

OMGOD SHOULDA BEEN IN BLACK AND WHITE

Now the thread is official.

Yeah thanks for that. Im so sick of hearing that on IMDB, that and "ZOMG THIS IS TEH SUCK!!!11! KEVIN SMITH IS A SEELOUT!!11! LOLZ!!11!!" etc etc.

As for the trailers, i really like them, the Jay and Bob stuff does look like JASBSB but all the Dante and Randall stuff sounds like the orginal. And lets face it, were al goin to this film to see Dante and Randall.

Shit, this better come out in Europe soon.

I think its actually a world wide release, at least thats what i was told.

My girlfriend's reaction could best be described as "lukewarm" for this, so I'll probably see it by myself. I'll make sure to watch Clerks before I go as well, so I can get into full snob mode for this.

As for the trailers, i really like them, the Jay and Bob stuff does look like JASBSB but all the Dante and Randall stuff sounds like the orginal. And lets face it, were al goin to this film to see Dante and Randall.

To watch them argue over Star Wars again?

But they argue about Lord of the Rings, too!

I'll probably go see it. Not the day it comes out or anything, but I'll still go see it

It all depends on the reviews.

If you need reviews to tell you to see a Kevin Smith movie, then you'll probably never see a Kevin Smith movie.

If you need reviews to tell you to see a Kevin Smith movie, then you'll probably never see a Kevin Smith movie.

Comment of the thread.

It all depends on the reviews.

Yeah, especially since the first Clerks wasn't liked by the critics...

Guest Askewniverse

I'm definitely going to see it opening day, and at least once more after the in-theater commentary track is made available.

I'm looking forward to the sequel to Smith's only good movie.

What about Chasing Amy?

Mallrats was fun when I was younger and WAS a mallrat and a big comic geek. Now I find it really poorly done, horrible script, and kinda embarassing to watch with anyone.

Chasing Amy's cute at times, but really slow, overly sappy, and really misses the boat on some oppurtunities. A lot of funny shit is cut from it, IMO, from a script I got from Smith's comic store. It WAS my favorite but it's too forced at times.

Dogma and JASBSB are both shit, IMO. Morris Day and the Time for your big send off to the Askewniverse? Morris Day? Kill yourself.

Clerks is so unintentionally funny (although it has its flaws) that I'm really worried Smith is gonna screw this one up by intentionally trying to create unintentional humor, if you can understand that, and coming off flat or corny. Still, more can relate to it than his other works, and its by far his best, if not most spectacular, film, to me.

Yeah, especially since the first Clerks wasn't liked by the critics...

Yeah, I went and saw that movie exclusively because of the massive, massive hype and positivity it got. Just checked it out on RT, it got 85%. That's crazy for a nerdy, dirty comedy. I love that movie.

I'm hoping that the Clerks II trailers suck because they can't show any of the good parts.

And while I'd say Clerks is his best, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and even Dogma and J&SB have their good parts. I mean, come one! Banky!

With J&SB, I thought it was pretty funny the first time, but I don't think I could handle a second. A little Jay goes a long way.