TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheJuice31

SNME

Guest Princess Leena
Orton ignoring Brooke, was great. I'm turning into Leena. I'm liking this Orton.

Ugh, I wish I watched tonight. :(

Does anybody remember the number for the 70's Music Explosion?

1-800-401-7458

Orton ignoring Brooke, was great. I'm turning into Leena. I'm liking this Orton.

Ugh, I wish I watched tonight. :(

He even gave Brooke a rose. He was all prom date like.

While I'm glad, Henry got hurt (I fucking hate the guy), it was too soon, I actually wanted to see Batista DESTROY him at the Bash.

Re: Hogan / Orton

Seeing how Hogan is too damn overprotective, I SOOOOOOOOO want to see Brooke turn heel on her dad. That would be bittersweet.

They had no choice, but to go for the DQ ending to tonight's main event, they're not going to give the title so soon back to Cena and Edge has to be protected until SummerSlam anyway.

Great show tonight, my only complaint was:

The Spirit Squad were made to look like complete bitches tonight. I was expecting them to get the win over D-X considering the odds stacked or if D-X was still going to win, at least have Shawn or Hunter eliminated.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I'm going to miss Mark Henry because at least he's better than shitheads like Shawn Michaels.

Well I missed the show. All I have to say is that the two women who were in the bull riding finals were the two most athletic women they have, and this is just more proof.

I will never ever get why most of you smarks are enamored by girls like Trish and Mickie James when Victoria is easily 5 times the athlete of other of those.

And before you say Trish and Mickie are hotter, I see hotter girls working at Starbucks so I don't really give a damn.

It's funny to see people turn their noses at Torrie and Candice then talk up Trish and Mickie James when those two are Torrie and Candice compared to Victoria.

Edit: I love that You, Me and Dupree pic. It took a second to register. At first I didn't look carefully and just thought "why the hell does someone have a poster of that crappy movie as thier sig?"

Guest JustPassinBy

Undertaker has ECW street-cred.

I can buy Undertaker-Big Show in the ECW, moreso than a senior citizen Ric Flair.

I can buy Undertaker-Big Show in the ECW, moreso than a senior citizen Ric Flair.

Yeah, except ECW rode on the back of another former old school worker past his prime seeking one last dance.

So how the hell is Undertaker more ECWish then Flair is? Fuck, neither of them were "ECW" like. Undertaker is a overblown gimmick act, that was pretty much what ECW was changing.

SNME just ended here on the west coast.

Man, Edge was made to look like a total bitch tonight.

It really gets to me how they make Edge, THEIR WORLD CHAMP!, look like a bitch to Cena week in and week out. I wish they would TRY to make him look strong at least once. It won't hurt to have the heel get the upper hand every once and a while.

Guest JustPassinBy

Yeah, except ECW rode on the back of another former old school worker past his prime seeking one last dance.

So how the hell is Undertaker more ECWish then Flair is? Fuck, neither of them were "ECW" like. Undertaker is a overblown gimmick act, that was pretty much what ECW was changing.

Taker's a gimmick, but he had the athleticism and "look" to work the extreme style.

Flair never had the athleticism, and certainly his pretty boy old guy look isnt going to get over.

Taker actually looks like an ECW wrestler, if you take away his gimmick. He has all the tats, the background in MMA, the sort of alternative look...

Flair doenst have any of that. Flair can work a mic, but his matches are boring and there's nothing extreme about any of them. Taker has at least been in some extreme type of matches. Just look at his feud with Mick Foley/Cactus Jack.

Dusty finish. Cool.

Big Show gives an impromptu challenge to UT for Tues and they already have a commercial for it 10 minutes later. Amazing.

Old-school ECW fans like myself would have loved to see Vince's top acts pop in the arena every now in then, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The reason it's resented NOW is because, unlike back then, this new ECW hasn't given their homegrown talent a chance to run with the ball.

The real problem is that with the focus on a "specialty" match every week, no storylines are allowed to develop. We can't get someone like Sabu or Sandman to be a serious challenger to Big Show because he's defending the ECW title against random WWE guys every week.

I didn't even mind having Raw guys when it was Cena and Edge who actually had a reason to be there, since they were consistently feuding with RVD, but this "dream match" crap every week will wear thin very fast.

Guest Montresor

Yet another one-sided match between Cena and Edge. If I got into a fight, I think I'd now rather have Lita backing me up. What had Edge done to deserve such a burial?

Tonight's SNME was ok. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. Other than the Smackdown/ECW match and angle it felt like another Raw.......just with more wrestling. I only real problem with SNME was that all the matches were short, if everything had just a little bit more time, I would have liked it a bit more.

And I know I can't be the only one whose tired of this but I want to ask. Is anyone else tired of seeing Cena recover from someone's sigature move so fast? It happen with RVD in the match where Edge won the title. RVD hit the Vandaminator and Cena recovered from it pretty quickly and it happen tonight with Edge. Edge gave Cena the spear than a few seconds later, Cena just jumps at Edge who is laying outside. I'm tired of Cena just no sell or barely sell anything now. Actually no, I'm just tired of seeing Cena.

I only real problem with SNME was that all the matches were short, if everything had just a little bit more time, I would have liked it a bit more.

Exactly. They were trying to fit so much into 2 hours, that the quality of the matches suffered alot.

Actually no, I'm just tired of seeing Cena.

Me too. Cena doesn't interest me at all. IMO, he sucks and shouldn't even be in the title picture anymore. Edge, on the other hand, is one of the best things in WWE.

Henry never had real heat. The crowds either sat on their hands or gave him X-Pac heat.

I'd like to know how you can determine real heat from X-Pac heat? Boos all sound the same to me. When someone yells "X-Pac X-Pac!" at a heel during their entrance, I'll concede that there is such a thing is X-Pac heat. Until then, when you hear a "boooooooo" it's real heel heat.

Does anyone else get tired of seeing Cena consistently get tap-out victories without working any of his submission's pressure points? You could argue that the Protoplex and FU damage the back enough for a submission, but as shown with Shelton Benjamin last week on RAW, Cena doesn't even try to make the STFU look convincing. All he did was bend Shelton's leg, and put his arms around his head. There was no pressure whatsoever on Shelton's body. It's almost like Cena realizes how "made" he is with the company and isn't even trying.

It reminds me too much of that lame excuse for a Sharpshooter that The Rock used to use. If you go back and watch Summerslam 2002, when Brock is in the Sharpshooter, all The Rock is doing is holding his ankles together under his arm. Brock's body was completely straight across the ring mat, and had his legs bent at the knees.

Looks like SNME is done

By Dave Meltzer

The rating for last night's Saturday Night's Main Event can only be called incomprehensibly bad, doing a 2.65 based on the fast nationals. The final number, which will be out in a few days, probably won't vary much for this. It finished last, going against rerun programming, although none of the networks did any numbers last night. Worse, unlike the first one, which did a 3.11 and was a bomb, you can't even use the Hulk Hogan is the biggest draw to mainstream fans and he wasn't there excuse.

Does anyone else get tired of seeing Cena consistently get tap-out victories without working any of his submission's pressure points? You could argue that the Protoplex and FU damage the back enough for a submission, but as shown with Shelton Benjamin last week on RAW, Cena doesn't even try to make the STFU look convincing. All he did was bend Shelton's leg, and put his arms around his head. There was no pressure whatsoever on Shelton's body. It's almost like Cena realizes how "made" he is with the company and isn't even trying.

It reminds me too much of that lame excuse for a Sharpshooter that The Rock used to use. If you go back and watch Summerslam 2002, when Brock is in the Sharpshooter, all The Rock is doing is holding his ankles together under his arm. Brock's body was completely straight across the ring mat, and had his legs bent at the knees.

I want to say that Cena might be getting lazy in the ring, but I really don't think thats true. Its just everything he does now right now, weather it be the STFU or actually selling a move, or just trying to have a good match has all been bad. Your right about the STFU he applies no pressure at all when doing the move. For example lets look at Beniot when he does the crossface, Beniot actually lifts the head up so you can see that whoever is in the crossface is arched back a little bit and it looks painful. Cena on the other hand doesn't lift the head back and it just looks weak.

He barely sells anything that is a signature move now or something else, hell Sabu sold more when Sabu put Cena through a table and I don't care who you are, if you go through a table you sell it more than the guy who put you through that table!

Cena's matches are getting to damn predictable. Cena has two type of matches:

1. Cena's in control for most of the match and some weird ending happens and Cena either wins or looses.

or

2. Cena gets his ass kicked for most of the match then all of a sudden he gets someone set up in the FU.

Honestly at this poing with Cena, I don't even think a heel turn could save him right now. He really needs to be taken off tv for a little while and brought back when people have forgotten how he wrestles or at least so Cena will have time to work on some new stuff in the ring.

NBC, probably has a huge smile right now. They never wanted WWE on their network and they still had to resent Vince for XFL.

Sorry Vince, you failed yet again. Are you ready to return to reality now?

The number doesnt shock me at all. I enjoyed the show last night but the hype for it was non-existant up until about two weeks ago, and even then it was minimal on each show for the most part. WWE just has too many irons in the fire more than ever and that means little focus on each in particularly. I downright forgot about the show last night, thankfully I DVRed it so I didnt miss it but still, that shows how the hype-job was for this one. NBC was worried about how little WWE was doing to promote it weeks ago, so I'm sure they werent surprised by this either.