TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheJuice31

SNME

NBC, probably has a huge smile right now. They never wanted WWE on their network and they still had to resent Vince for XFL.

Sorry Vince, you failed yet again. Are you ready to return to reality now?

30 minute Diva Search reality tv show on VH1! :asshole2:

The number doesnt shock me at all. I enjoyed the show last night but the hype for it was non-existant up until about two weeks ago, and even then it was minimal on each show for the most part. WWE just has too many irons in the fire more than ever and that means little focus on each in particularly. I downright forgot about the show last night, thankfully I DVRed it so I didnt miss it but still, that shows how the hype-job was for this one. NBC was worried about how little WWE was doing to promote it weeks ago, so I'm sure they werent surprised by this either.

Not only was the hype not there but I'm trying to figure out why SNME didn't happen a week or two before Summerslam. Having it before the Bash really made no sense plus the show led up to nothing.

some "interpromotional matches" of some sort would have interested me in SNME....like WWE vs ECW head to head was a good show to me...SNME should have went in that direction kinda

IIRC It didn't help that SD did a pisspoor job of plugging SNME. I don't even a rundown was done or anything, was it even mentioned at all?

Reasons why this SNME was horrible and no one watched:

1) Prime time on a Saturday Night during the summer. Teenagers, college kids, and those out of college have better things to do. Pro wrestling isn't popular and anyone it used to bring in as a fresh audience prefers UFC. The only people that watch WWE are the people that have been for years. And most of them didn't even watch this show.

2) Horrible advertising leading up to the program.

3) Terrible main "draws" for the show #1: DX has squashed The Spirit Squad for weeks in a row. No one cares.

4) Terrible main "draws" for the show #2: Cena and Edge is boring. No one cares. Edge needs new opponents but has none. Cena has been associated with the title for so long that it's difficult to program him away from it. Thus, the "rinse and repeat" free TV "draw" drew nothing.

5) Terrible main "draws" for the show #3: Sabu. ECW fans don't want to watch Sabu in a watered down 3 minute match against an UNNAMED OPPONENT on freakin' NBC.

6) Hogan wasn't wrestling. Fans tune in for Hulk only when they know they'll have to buy a DVD to see what he did. All Hulk did was show up and shill his daughter, in a segment that will probably be seen in its entirety on Raw (and probably on ECW given that they love to recap WWE shows). So Hogan's drawing value was pretty nonexistant. If it's a heavily hyped PPV main with Michaels? I'll tune in. If it's a promo that's involving the likes of never-been-a-draw-with-no-charisma-to-match-Hulk Randy Orton? Uh, I can see it on AM Raw...or Raw...or wwe.com. No thanks.

NBC, probably has a huge smile right now. They never wanted WWE on their network and they still had to resent Vince for XFL.

That makes no sense.

If they didn't want WWE on their network, why is WWE on their network? They broke into the NBC production truck?

That makes no sense.

If they didn't want WWE on their network, why is WWE on their network? They broke into the NBC production truck?

WWE made a deal with Universial (which runs USA, SCI-FI, Bravo and NBC). In order to get WWE back to USA...Universial agreed to give WWE SNME on NBC.

They protested it right away and after the low ratings of the first SNME, they tried to move it to saturday afternoon. With these ratings, they'll finally have justification to move it.

You would think SNME would be promoted like a PPV (ala Clash) so that you get the most eyes possible on network TV to tune in.

Just for curiousity to see what kind of rating it would/could get, I'd much rather see NBC try moving the next (if there even will be one) SNMEs to its traditional SNL timeslot when SNL is a repeat one week.

Guest Princess Leena

Put it on during the day, in the former Arena League slot. Why not.

Pro Wrestling is horribly, horribly uncool right now. It's no shock the rating for SNME was so low. You can list as many reasons as you want, but the fact of the matter is that the average American tuned into NBC on Saturday night, saw that wrestling was on, and turned the channel. In 1999, they wouldn't have. Plus, it's the summer. People are doing other things besides watching television on a Saturday night at 8pm, and that will probably be the WWE's justification for the rating. Either that or Paul Heyman's appearance drove off the viewers who were anxious to see superstar John Cena.

Only the most hardcore of fans are watching now, and even they can't stomach it.

Since the show was so poorly booked and put on a night when young people tend to be out hanging with friends instead of sitting around watching television, I'm not suprised at the number.

Saturday night is traditionally the night you DON'T have to go to work the next day, so you go out and make a ruckus and have a lifestyle and don't sit around watching wrestling at your house. Unless you're a lonely wrestling fan without a girlfriend like me or something.

You can't really blame the fact that the show was on Saturday night for the low ratings, because if the product was good enough and hot enough, people would change their plans in order to see it.

Think about this... it was the fifth first run prime time wrestling television show in six days.

Plus, a bunch of people probably noticed that there were Brazillian Vale Tudo shows on The Fight Network.
yeah but only 8 of them actually turned the channel to watch it after all it's vale tudo, I'm sure there was something more intereting on the "coin collector's channel" or something.

You can't really blame the fact that the show was on Saturday night for the low ratings, because if the product was good enough and hot enough, people would change their plans in order to see it.

Except nobody knew what was happening aside from Hogan's appearance. They've been so busy promoting Vengeance and the Bash and ECW when they aren't promoting the other two, that the show crept up and nobody noticed. Of course, a Saturday night in summer doesn't help.

Come on, the show was rushed from planning to filming, and even most wrestling fans couldn't remember it was there as a result. The only guy at jobber level through the whole show was Stevie Richards, so it wasn't like the card sucked, it's just that nobody knew it was there and probably because of the timing few people would watch even a PPV-sized card.

Wasn't NBC already mad that they were not promoting SNME enough on their shows? If that's the case then NBC has easy ground to tell Vince that he had his two opportunities and blew them so no more SNME.

This was covered in the tna boards as well, that the only people watching wrestling now are wrestling fans. I figured this would do bad just as the last one did, and pictured Vince's grimace when he saw the rating.

Of course failure doesnt bring him back to reality it takes him further from it.

If SNL is in reruns in the summer I dont see why they wouldnt take that time slot unless their reruns would do better than 'original' wwe programming.

I think the show was better than last but the promotion just as bad. Also no dream matches exist anymore. They couldve just aired old matches as I dont think there was any matchup we were seeing for the first time. And it was also live which is a huge expense compared to taped shows.

The Hogan ads were a joke to me. I dont think he's ever drawn ratings since wcw folded. (At least not mine) So I didnt care for Hogan's return, and if you weren't a 'fan,' any casual viewer would assume he's been wrestling this whole time anyway.

Also SNME's a dinosaur. Maybe in the old slot at 11:30 starting with a good, new main event would have brought more viewers in. But 8pm on a Saturday is pathetic. I think the old ones on Fox were that early as well. But they had 5 hours of wrestling THIS WEEK ALONE before this show. It's sad to think no new viewers wanted it, and sadder for the regular viewers because that show is what the rest of the year is going to be like, with just slight variations.

Vince will bactrack as usual. The things he liked about the show were not promoted enough so no one watched.

And everything that sucked is Heyman's fault.

Also Kane wasnt there. There werent enough tall people on the show.

Wasn't NBC already mad that they were not promoting SNME enough on their shows? If that's the case then NBC has easy ground to tell Vince that he had his two opportunities and blew them so no more SNME.

If NBC was really mad and wanted to twist the knife into the WWE, they would air it in the slot of the second SNL repeat. The classic SNL slot. Then no matter rating it does, NBC will be very pleased. Unless they lose to a Wild Party Girls infomercial, then they'll really be pissed off.

When is the next one supposed to happen? Or hasn't that been determined yet?

they should send out a press release blaming the rating on the hit summer movies that came out the same weekend:

They look so damn funny people couldnt stay home to watch

Also:

Jericho doesnt know how to work

and:

Several people in the company need to get haircuts

long hair = ratings killer

Please buy wwe stock

end of press release

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Does anyone else think they killed the Khali angle tonight by putting him on the same level as the Big Show? Sure, they're pushing Show as a monster, but everybody has wins over him, so nobody buys him as unbeatable. Khali, on the other hand, has been untouchable, even squashing the World Champion, and to the average fan, seems unstoppable. Now, after needing Show's help to beat Taker, he just looks like another, but taller, WWE guy.