TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

PWI:

Bryan called in the following Smackdown spoilers from Minneapolis, Minnesota:

Smackdown:

*King Booker did a promo claiming he was going to win the WWE World title at the PPV. Rey Mysterio came out and they argued back and forth about the PPV.

*Matt Hardy defeated Ken Kennedy with a small package.

*Jamie Noble defeated Paul London after Kid Kash interfered. They announced a Tag Title match for the Great American Bash PPV.

*They did a Diva Boot Camp segment with the Diva Search contestants, which was won by Layla. Sylvan was backstage shaking his head at the Diva Search. They were pushing the Diva voting hard.

*Finlay defeated Lashley to win the WWE United States championship after the Little B****rd distracted Lashley.

*The Great Khali and Daivari were doing a promo by the stage. Undertaker appeared in the ring after the lights went off and on, then set off fireworks trying to spook Khali. Khali wanted to fight him, but Daivari held him back.

*There was a contract signing between Mark Henry and Batista. Batista discussed how he missed six months because of Henry and would get his revenge.

*WWE World champion Rey Mysterio defeated William Regal.

Post-ECW Dark Match:

*Rey Mysterio defeated Booker T and Finlay after Mysterio pinned Booker after hitting the 619 on each then hit a frog splash on Booker. Finlay appeared to be busted open after hitting the ring stairs.

Notes: Big Show and Ric Flair cut promos during a commercial break while in the ring...the venue was mostly full.

Ok Who did Kennedy piss off?

*Finlay defeated Lashley to win the WWE United States championship after the Little B****rd distracted Lashley.

Holy crap. Even if this is for only three weeks, Finlay's champ!

Sounds like a decent show, actually. Kennedy jobbed to the ultimate jobber... I guess it'll lead to a GAB rematch, because who else can Kennedy face?

sounds like an awesome show.

One kind of tiff though... I really wish that the London/Kendrick v Pitbulls rivalry really developed over time. They could do it Hardyz/E&C style, just fighting one another.

...at least that's what I'd like :)

Truth be told, Ken Kennedy hasn't seemed quite right since he got back from injury. Not only has he seemed off in the ring but his physique is flat out gone. You can really tell he's now adhering to the Wellness Program. Ahem.

*They did a Diva Boot Camp segment with the Diva Search contestants, which was won by Layla. Sylvan was backstage shaking his head at the Diva Search. They were pushing the Diva voting hard.

It'll be funny if Sylvan comes out and does a promo to cut down the Diva search even existing. It's the easiest way to become a face.

Some detailed spoilers with Dark Match and ECW notes.

DARK MATCH:

Casey James/Aaron "The Idol" Stevens d. Christian Gibson and Scott Commodity

Gibson and Commodity were announced as being from "Eden Prairie" while Idol and James were announced as being from "Green Bay" so we knew who to cheer and who to boo. All and all an ok match, Stevens is obviously a seasoned pro, and Gibson and Commodity worked well as a team. Really nothing spectacular though.

After that, the ring crew brought in Booker's throne and William Regal told us to "All Hail King Booker" as Booker made his way to ringside. That's REALLY annoying live.

SMACKDOWN

-Regal reads a Royal Proclaimation that he is going to beat Rey Mysterio tonight so that King Booker can have what's left for him at the Great American Bash. Booker narrates over some clips of "after Smackdown" last week, when he beat Rey up in the locker room. He claims that Divine Intervention will finally strike Rey's title reign down (I guess God has turned heel?). After Booker gets done talking, Rey runs out and sends Regal, Booker and Sharmell scattering.

-Matt Hardy d. Ken Kennedy

Kennedy puts a little extra zing in his "Hailing from GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN" this week, and the crowd never really stopped dogging him. However, before he can get to his "Mister Kennedy-Kennedy" part, Hardy attacks. It's back and forth for a few minutes until Hardy scores a quick roll-up for the win. Right after my section got done discussion how Matt Hardy never wins.

-Last year's Diva Search Losers Krystal and Michelle talk some smack about this year's contest and about Ashley, who arrives shortly with Jillian Hall. A catfight ensues that is quickly broken up by referees and officials.

-Great Khali and Daivari come out, and Daivari thinks it's rather strange that while Undertaker's voice has appeared on Smackdown, Taker himself hasn't shown up. So he dares Taker to come and face Khali. Well, of course, the lights go out and Taker is in the ring (huge pop for that, by the way). Pyro goes off (I'm assuming that's the lightning bolt pre-production?), but Khali doesn't back down. Eventually Daivari drags him away while Taker poses.

-Jaimie Noble (w/ Kid Kash) d. Paul London (w/ Brian Kedrick)

A little slower than I expected from these two, but the match told a pretty good story with London firing up at appropriate times only to be met by Kash and Noble's cheating. Eventually Noble hits an Inverse Back Cracker (rib cracker?) on London for the win. Ok match, but a dead crowd.

-The Miz is backstage and says that the Divas are getting ready for the Boot Camp.

-In the most seemless transition of the night, Sylvan comes on the Titan Tron and tells us that while the Diva Search girls are beautiful, nothing matches the beauty of Quebec.

T-eddy Long comes out and dances. Then he says that Batista/Henry is for the #1 Contendership at Summerslam, but if either guy touches the other, the one who did the touching forfiets his title shot.

Batista comes out and cuts a promo about how he's been waiting seven months to crush Mark Henry, and then he gets all choked up because the fans are chanting for him. Mark Henry comes out and tries to cut a promo about how Batista crossed the line by making him bleed, but we out "What"ed him (yes, I participated, yes, I'm embarrassed), and he ended up getting frustrated. So they signed the contract, and Batista beat the shit out of the table.

-Fit Finlay d. Bobby Lashley for the WWE United States Championship

Lashley wasn't as over as I thought he would be. Anyway, the match was pretty good except for Finlay constantly stalling with restholds, but both guys hit real hard, so that kind of made up for it. The finish came when the Leprachaun (the most over participant in the match) popped up and threw Finlay a sheleli while the ref was distracted with a chair. Finlay tried to pass the sheleli back to the midget, but it bounced off his hands and back into the ring, but they just went on with the finish anyway. Afterwards, Finlay indicated that it was now an Irish Championship while Lashley looked crestfallen.

-The Diva Search Boot Camp featuring Sgt. Slaughter and The Miz (who posed for a faux cheer when he got the numbers for the contestants right the first time, but then screwed it up the second time). Same as last year's boot camp with no "wardrobe malfunctions." Really excruciating stuff, though. Layla (the black British chick) won with a time of 37 seconds in case you care. I don't know if it will make TV or not, but the fat, bethonged stripper (Big Dick Johnson) demonstrated the course before the girls.

-Rey Misterio d. William Regal

Relatively cleanly too. Booker was at ringside providing commentary and distracting Rey. After a few minutes, Michael Cole got in Booker's face about something, and Booker left the announce table and started to get into the ring, but Rey got to him first, and then pinned Regal for the win. After the match, Booker was regrouping with Sharmell at ringside, when Rey swung around the ringpost and kicked him in the face.

ECW TAPINGS

You already saw it or know what happened. Just two notes:

-Flair and Show really won the crowd over after a slow as fuck start (which included both Flair and Show leaving the match), by just being bloody and brutal. Good stuff at the end there though.

-CM Punk was very over with about 33% of the crowd.

DARK MATCH 2

Rey Misterio d. King Booker and Fit Finlay

A lot of people didn't stick around for this as they didn't send Teddy Long out to announce it until the ring crew had already started taking down the ECW set pieces. The story of the match was Booker and Finlay working together until Booker went for a cover, and Finlay pulled him off. That set about a confrontation between the two of them which ended with Finlay getting busted open. Then Rey got back into the match, hit the 619 on both guys, and the Frogsplash on Booker for the win.

Why have Finlay win the title now? Why not have him win it at GAB? Thats really confusing.......then again it is WWE logic.

I was at the show tonight (got a comp today from the E) and the shit with the diva search (which was indeed pushed hard all night and everyone was sick of hearing about it by the end) hurt the show overall with what was a decent pure wrestling show on SD with a few good angles. Not only was it drawn out, but Miz STILL fucked things up again on the mic, and then we got to see the return of "Mr. Dick Johnson" who is the character name to the fatass WWE writer who does the stripper gimmick, who they bring back to do a run through the boot camp deal before the chicks did. This was some of the most horrendous shit you will ever see on a WWE show, the shit with this guy and Sandman was bad enuogh in ECW, but this was ten times worse, as you can imagine the camera angles they were using when this guy was falling through ropes, over the tiny walls in the obstacle course, etc. Turned off most of the crowd from the start by bringing that guy back and then having to sit through 20 minutes of boot camp contest crap beyond that was just fucked. But decent SD stuff in the ring. Hardy/Kennedy, Regal/Mysterio, London/Noble and Lashley/Finley were all decent TV matches in their own right, but probably nothing above *** for any of them. Batista/Henry did good in their segment, and the opener w/ Booker and Regal jumped from behind by Rey wasnt bad either. Taker showing up was a nice twist, and Khali is ridiculous looking live in person.

One other thing to mention, if anything from this show to point out on a side note, is how really together their road crew is with these set transitions from SD to ECW. Its hard to explain but they really get alot of shit done in about 10 minutes time, complete set change with the SD set not seen one bit once ECW hits.

Wow, after that sorry escuse of a wrestling show I saw on Monday. SmackDown IS going to be an awesome show.

-London/Kendrick Vs Pitbulls for the Tag Titles at the GAB. hell yeah that should be a great match. believe it or not, this year's Great American Bash actually looks pretty damn good.

-Undertaker returns. Yeah, I'am an Undertaker mark and I can't wait to see him back on TV. those 3 month of vaction time is just inexcusable. STAY ON TV NOW!!

-Finlay wins the US title. I wished they would of saved this for the bash sence its only a few weeks away. but still, awesome that he won the title.

-Hardy Vs Kennedy, London Vs Noble, Finlay Vs Lashley, Rey Vs Regal. tell me those matches won't be bad. when,WHEN was the last time you saw 4 potentially good matches like this on Raw on TNA. never. I will never understand how SmackDown gets threated the way it does these days. SmackDown is the BEST wrestling show on TV right now!

The Diva search will be brutal to watch no doubt, I will just change the channel till its over. no big deal.

Hope the Diva stuff is clipped, actually I don't mind Miz too much, at he's not going through the motions and sounds excited to be there. I wish I hadn't looked at the spoilers now but I have no willpower. Sounds good, I'll probably have to tape it due to softball games as usual, but it should be worth it. Thanks for the results, to the first poster.

here are more detailed spoilers...

"Detailed Report with ECW and Dark Match notes.

DARK MATCH:

Casey James/Aaron "The Idol" Stevens d. Christian Gibson and Scott Commodity

Gibson and Commodity were announced as being from "Eden Prairie" while Idol and James were announced as being from "Green Bay" so we knew who to cheer and who to boo. All and all an ok match, Stevens is obviously a seasoned pro, and Gibson and Commodity worked well as a team. Really nothing spectacular though.

After that, the ring crew brought in Booker's throne and William Regal told us to "All Hail King Booker" as Booker made his way to ringside. That's REALLY annoying live.

SMACKDOWN

-Regal reads a Royal Proclaimation that he is going to beat Rey Mysterio tonight so that King Booker can have what's left for him at the Great American Bash. Booker narrates over some clips of "after Smackdown" last week, when he beat Rey up in the locker room. He claims that Divine Intervention will finally strike Rey's title reign down (I guess God has turned heel?). After Booker gets done talking, Rey runs out and sends Regal, Booker and Sharmell scattering.

-Matt Hardy d. Ken Kennedy

Kennedy puts a little extra zing in his "Hailing from GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN" this week, and the crowd never really stopped dogging him. However, before he can get to his "Mister Kennedy-Kennedy" part, Hardy attacks. It's back and forth for a few minutes until Hardy scores a quick roll-up for the win. Right after my section got done discussion how Matt Hardy never wins.

-Last year's Diva Search Losers Krystal and Michelle talk some smack about this year's contest and about Ashley, who arrives shortly with Jillian Hall. A catfight ensues that is quickly broken up by referees and officials.

-Great Khali and Daivari come out, and Daivari thinks it's rather strange that while Undertaker's voice has appeared on Smackdown, Taker himself hasn't shown up. So he dares Taker to come and face Khali. Well, of course, the lights go out and Taker is in the ring (huge pop for that, by the way). Pyro goes off (I'm assuming that's the lightning bolt pre-production?), but Khali doesn't back down. Eventually Daivari drags him away while Taker poses.

-Jaimie Noble (w/ Kid Kash) d. Paul London (w/ Brian Kedrick)

A little slower than I expected from these two, but the match told a pretty good story with London firing up at appropriate times only to be met by Kash and Noble's cheating. Eventually Noble hits an Inverse Back Cracker (rib cracker?) on London for the win. Ok match, but a dead crowd.

-The Miz is backstage and says that the Divas are getting ready for the Boot Camp.

-In the most seemless transition of the night, Sylvan comes on the Titan Tron and tells us that while the Diva Search girls are beautiful, nothing matches the beauty of Quebec.

T-eddy Long comes out and dances. Then he says that Batista/Henry is for the #1 Contendership at Summerslam, but if either guy touches the other, the one who did the touching forfiets his title shot.

Batista comes out and cuts a promo about how he's been waiting seven months to crush Mark Henry, and then he gets all choked up because the fans are chanting for him. Mark Henry comes out and tries to cut a promo about how Batista crossed the line by making him bleed, but we out "What"ed him (yes, I participated, yes, I'm embarrassed), and he ended up getting frustrated. So they signed the contract, and Batista beat the crap out of the table.

-Fit Finlay d. Bobby Lashley for the WWE United States Championship

Lashley wasn't as over as I thought he would be. Anyway, the match was pretty good except for Finlay constantly stalling with restholds, but both guys hit real hard, so that kind of made up for it. The finish came when the Leprachaun (the most over participant in the match) popped up and threw Finlay a sheleli while the ref was distracted with a chair. Finlay tried to pass the sheleli back to the midget, but it bounced off his hands and back into the ring, but they just went on with the finish anyway. Afterwards, Finlay indicated that it was now an Irish Championship while Lashley looked crestfallen.

-The Diva Search Boot Camp featuring Sgt. Slaughter and The Miz (who posed for a faux cheer when he got the numbers for the contestants right the first time, but then screwed it up the second time). Same as last year's boot camp with no "wardrobe malfunctions." Really excruciating stuff, though. Layla (the black British chick) won with a time of 37 seconds in case you care. I don't know if it will make TV or not, but the fat, bethonged stripper (Big Dick Johnson) demonstrated the course before the girls.

-Rey Misterio d. William Regal

Relatively cleanly too. Booker was at ringside providing commentary and distracting Rey. After a few minutes, Michael Cole got in Booker's face about something, and Booker left the announce table and started to get into the ring, but Rey got to him first, and then pinned Regal for the win. After the match, Booker was regrouping with Sharmell at ringside, when Rey swung around the ringpost and kicked him in the face.

ECW TAPINGS

You already saw it or know what happened. Just two notes:

-Flair and Show really won the crowd over after a slow as luv start (which included both Flair and Show leaving the match), by just being bloody and brutal. Good stuff at the end there though.

-CM Punk was very over with about 33% of the crowd.

DARK MATCH 2

Rey Misterio d. King Booker and Fit Finlay

A lot of people didn't stick around for this as they didn't send Teddy Long out to announce it until the ring crew had already started taking down the ECW set pieces. The story of the match was Booker and Finlay working together until Booker went for a cover, and Finlay pulled him off. That set about a confrontation between the two of them which ended with Finlay getting busted open. Then Rey got back into the match, hit the 619 on both guys, and the Frogsplash on Booker for the win."

Guest wildpegasus

Finlay won the belt!!!!!!!!!

I'm sad to see Lashley lose as I'm a big fan of his but Finlay's got the belt!!!!!!! Finlay has got the belt!! This is one of the best wrestling comebacks of all time. How many people tought years ago than Fit Finlay at his age would come back from injury, be wrestling in the WWE in 2006 and on top of that be one of their top stars?

And if that wasn't enough how about being one of the best wrestlers in the entire world?

I take back what I said about Finlay winning the title a little bit ago. I forgot I had him on my fantasy team this week. GO FINLAY!

Wow, so Ken Kennedy's undefeated streak finally comes to an end at the hands of...Matt Hardy? Um...okay. :huh:

so Kennedy is undefeated almost a year and loses to Matt Hardy?...thats fucking stupid....Lashley goes over Booker T over and over again only to lose the title on a random smackdown while Booker gets a title shot?...alrighty

Guest Princess Leena

FINLAY~!

Yeah, it won't last long... but, any gold he gets is well deserved.

But aren't they in a six man tag match at SNME?