TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread for 7/25 (Week 7)

Does having your feet in the ropes not break up a pinfall attempt under "extreme rules"? Because if that's not the case, then the referee should've never been counting Kane's pin attempt in the first place. Big Show had half his leg under the ropes/out of the ring.

"The first 40 minutes felt something like ECW of old"

Yes, because lumbering roided up shitty workers like Knox and Test were always put over characters who ECW fans have emotional attachment with in the first 40 minutes of ECW TV.

And Paul Heyman was an evil authority figure.

And they had Vampires.

Come on, dude. This show has and still blows.

I think this ECW thing is really coming together now and I'm happy to see it.

So for SummerSlam, I take it we'll see:

ECW World Title - Big Show vs. Sabu

Tommy Dreamer/Sandman vs. Test/Mike Knox

I really don't like the old ECW guys getting squashed a lot, but hopefully things shape up well for next week. This show had some good storyline and character development and a good match between Balls and Credible, and that main event was fun, and SABU

"The first 40 minutes felt something like ECW of old"

Yes, because lumbering roided up shitty workers like Knox and Test were always put over characters who ECW fans have emotional attachment with in the first 40 minutes of ECW TV.

And Paul Heyman was an evil authority figure.

And they had Vampires.

Come on, dude. This show has and still blows.

No, it had Heymans touch of incorporating multiple angles and characters into one segment on two occasions and was covered with character development. That's the aspect I was refering to. Not the talent itself or the quality.

I wonder if there is a shot that they hot shot the title to Sabu, so he can feud with RVD for the title when RVD returns. I mean they are already planting the seeds that Sabu is no one to mess with, with Heyman's promo with The Big Show where Heyman was trying to talk Show out of accepting a match with Sabu, also as the show closes as Big Show wants Sabu and Heyman has a face on that is thinking "Dammit no way I can talk Big Show out of it now"

Of course, they might save it for Summerslam...how far away is Summerslam? I am just hoping that Sabu wins the title to set up RVD's return.

I am thinking that they might save Sabu v. Big Show for a few weeks and have RVD cost Show the title.

They could then include RVD and Show into the Dreamer/Sandman v. Knox/Test/Heyman feud and have Sabu defend the title against everyone.

One problem with this is that Sabu has never been the sort who can be a long term champion. I mean his ECW title runs were both pretty short (hell the one was only a week after the Funk barbed wire match).

ECW is such a frustrating show. I mean on one hand I thought Show/Kane was easily their best match ever. I also really dig Heyman being terrified of Show facing Sabu, which puts Sabu over big time. But my god this shit with DQs on ECW has to stop like yesterday. It wasn't so bad in the Sandman/Knox match since that at least set something up, but why the hell was there a DQ in Balls/Credible? Is it now Justin's gimmick that he only picks up these lame DQ wins? What sucks is that I LOATHE Justin Credible and actively want Sabu or Balls Mahoney to kill his ass.

One problem with this is that Sabu has never been the sort who can be a long term champion. I mean his ECW title runs were both pretty short (hell the one was only a week after the Funk barbed wire match).

ECW is such a frustrating show. I mean on one hand I thought Show/Kane was easily their best match ever. I also really dig Heyman being terrified of Show facing Sabu, which puts Sabu over big time. But my god this shit with DQs on ECW has to stop like yesterday. It wasn't so bad in the Sandman/Knox match since that at least set something up, but why the hell was there a DQ in Balls/Credible? Is it now Justin's gimmick that he only picks up these lame DQ wins? What sucks is that I LOATHE Justin Credible and actively want Sabu or Balls Mahoney to kill his ass.

I think the DQ thing is a tempory kind of thing. Eventually someone will ask "Why do we do DQ finishes?" and then something will click and DQ finishes will stop happening.

I think the DQ thing is a tempory kind of thing. Eventually someone will ask "Why do we do DQ finishes?" and then something will click and DQ finishes will stop happening.

I think it's actually a good thing because it fits in the context of Heyman's cult personality to completely change the actual make up of the true ECW.

I think it's actually a good thing because it fits in the context of Heyman's cult personality to completely change the actual make up of the true ECW.

The thing is, the old ECW has to win for the angle to work, which it doesn't look like Vince wants.

Well if there's one thing this show did, it got me excited as hell for next week. CM Punk's debut, Kurt Angle's return, Big Show actually feuding with an ECW Wrestler. Could be a good show.

I have the feeling that Sabu will end up being a sacrificial lamb to the Big Show when all is said and done. Maybe RVD comes back as well and then they do the blowoff to Show/RVD at SS. This isn't exactly a feud I want to see drawn out until that ECW PPV in Dec.

I mean it's kinda weird seeing the heel Big Show take on all comers (Flair, UT, Kane). It makes more sense to have a face like RVD with the belt and Heyman throws everyone he can think of at him.

Tonight was the first time for a couple of weeks that I haven't been outright pissed-off by what happened on the show. The main event was one of the best WWE brawls that I've seen this year. Show and Kane were really busting their asses tonight. I'm also pleased to see the return of Mordecai. I hope he has regained his confidence since his last run. I could've done without seeing him squash Little Guido in his first televised match, but Guido sold his offense well. Not to mention he did the best sell of the Razors Edge ever. Good show overall tonight.

Guest Overworked
I think Shane Helms should have tried up for that show as the Hurricane..

And meet up with his Super Hero Arch Rival...... Nova!

Get Simon Dean off that TV and bring back Nova!

The first 40 minutes felt something like ECW of old but the main event was all WWEized.

SABU/TBS, should be a good match if they build it right.

Yeah, because all matches in the old ECW ended in DQs, right?

The first 40 minutes felt something like ECW of old but the main event was all WWEized.

No one pays attention, do they? I explained that I was refering to the Heyman style of booking with multiple storylines merging in seemless segments and had character development in key figures like Punk while slowly establishing angles that will continue to grow (DQ rules) into something significant.

That was what we saw in the first 40 minutes with Kelly/Knox against Sandman turning into Test attacking Sandman. Then Test and Knox get attacked by Dreamer . Heyman's rant which was proceded by Sabu's challenge leading to crazy cult leader Heyman having Guidio beat down by his henchmen.

Punk makes another promo developing his character background and pushing the in-ring debut for next week which lead into the vampire making his debut against a knocked out Nunzio. This was followed by Ball's ring debut against another ECW "Original" where they went about establishing Heyman's new "vision" about DQ's. Justin Credible, once again won via DQ because of Heyman's new rules. Balls, baffled by the DQ attacks the ref and Credible. This makes two ecw originals who oppose the change in Paul Heyman and I know alot of you guys are used to WWE jumping the gun but this is leading somewhere.

So in 40 minutes they have four storylines going and some even merged together. That is textbook Heyman.

I think all the DQ's are going to play into the Heyman storyline long-term. I mean I think that the "Extreme Rules" concept is a WWE-thing to keep the promotion for being all garbage matches that kill the roster, but the actual way it's being presented will turn into a storyline.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
I think this ECW thing is really coming together now and I'm happy to see it.

So for SummerSlam, I take it we'll see:

ECW World Title - Big Show vs. Sabu

Tommy Dreamer/Sandman vs. Test/Mike Knox

I think we'll just see Show .VS. Sabu or RVD at SummerSlam. SummerSlam will be already packed with Edge/Cena, Booker/Batista, Hogan/Orton, DX/Vince & Shane, Foley/Flair, Mysterio/Guerrero, plus whatever else. Dreamer/Sandman .VS. Test/Knox will probably happen in a hyped up match on ECW TV in Week 10, the ECW episode before SummerSlam.

how far away is Summerslam?

Three and a half weeks. August 20th.

I just finished watching the show and here my thoughts.

Tonights show was fun. A lot of it was positive and there was very little negitive.

Mixing the angles of Dreamer vs Test and Sandman vs Knox is a positive. Makes the angles a bit more meaningful also bigger and we can now see others being involved in this. Hopefully Francine will play some kind of role later on. Maybe Knox and Test get tired of Kelly and replace her with Francine and Kelly either goes to the corner of The Sandman or Dreamer...or gets dropped altogether.

Another big positive of tonight: NO KELLY'S EXPOSE!!!!

Guido getting sqaushed by Fertig wasn't a positive but wasn't a negitive either. Fertig was able to get over but he beat a guy who was just showed getting the crap kicked out of him by Heyman's body guards. So its not like Guido walked out there, 100% and Fertig squashed Guido.........And that chick "Ariel"....umm wow! She's hot and I'm glad she was on my tv tonight.

Balls vs Credible was a decent match. Could have better but it was good enough for tonight. I also think that the DQ finishes are going to end up being used in a angle some sort of way to the point where they will be dropped completely pretty soon and Balls got himself over with the crowd tonight as well. Which is always a good thing. Something needs to happen with Justin Credible through, getting DQ wins isn't helping him at all.

The main event was a fun match. Could have been better but given the time they got and the two guys in the ring, it was good enough.....and SABU! I want a Sabu vs Big Show match without Sabu being destoryed by Big Show.

I like how Sabu is being put over as the biggest threat to the Big Show's ECW title reign but what I don't like is how its happening. Now don't get me wrong, I like the angle thats being used. I like paranoid Heyman but what bugs me is this angle thats being used to help put over Sabu is a re-hash.

It has been done before with Lesnar, Big Show, and Heyman but instead Big Show is champion with Heyman in his corner and Sabu is playing the part of big threat that Big Show is shrugging off while Heyman is paranoid as all hell. Except this time I think things will be different and Heyman won't end up joining Sabu.

Tonights show had very little, if none, negitiive points, if anything it was a very positive show and I'm looking forward to next week.

When I saw Angle returning, I expected him to feud with Show, seeing that they're running out of Raw/Smackdown guys to feed to Big Show each week, but then Sabu attacked Show. Maybe they'll do a three-way feud. Angle can be the badass tweener. There's only a few matches that are "draws" left with the current ECW roster. I want to see Sabu/Angle. Have Sabu/Big Show next week, with Angle costing Sabu the match. Angle is pissed at Show for being the man to take the title off of RVD. Angle wanted RVD and wanted RVD's title after losing to him in a Non-Title match on ECW Week 3 (June/27th). Angle is pissed at Sabu for trying to take title shots at Show, a week before Angle returns. Then have Show/Sabu/Angle in a three-way the week after on August 8th, this is the first Tuesday after RVD's suspension is up, so he can interfere in the three-way, setting up RVD/Sabu/Angle .VS. Show/Test/Knox the following Tuesday, August 15th, and also setting up Show/RVD for the title at SummerSlam, (RVD gets the title shot because of a rematch clause or something), and sets up Angle/Sabu for the No.1 Contendership on the ECW episode the Tuesday after SummerSlam. RVD wins the title and has a long feud with the No.1 Contender going into the December ECW PPV.

Guest nokia

The fact that it was "more" regular Ecw guys on today makes the show so much better..

Now where's Francine??

Angle's returning less then a month after being "suspended" for a heavy addiction to pain killers?

Whatever happen to 30 day programs?

Angle's returning less then a month after being "suspended" for a heavy addiction to pain killers?

Whatever happen to 30 day programs?

His last match was on June 27th, he doesn't make his return until August 1st...that's 35 days.