TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - August/14th/2006.

Hulkamania heading to Charlottesville.

After suffering a partially torn meniscus, WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan's status for SummerSlam was up in the air. But earlier this week, WWE.com learned that not only will he compete at the biggest party of the year against Randy Orton, he will also be appearing on Raw tonight. Sources close to WWE.com have also learned that "The Legend Killer" plans on calling out "The Hulkster" on Raw just six days before what should be an epic confrontation at SummerSlam. What will Orton say to try and get "The Hulster" in the ring so close to their match? Will Hogan put his already injured knee in jeopardy on Raw? Tune in at 9pm/8pm CT on USA to find out.

Plus, the method of divide and conquer on DX has been used to perfection by "The Chairman" the past few weeks. First, Shawn Michaels felt the brunt of the new McMahon plan of attack, then it was Triple H's turn. But tonight on Raw, both members of DX will be united and in full force. With HBK and "The Game" back together as a unit, will the duo be able to take some wind out of the McMahons' sails before SummerSlam? Or will "The Chairman" and Shane continue to gian momentum heading into the biggest party of the Summer? Tune in to Raw to find out.

While WWE Champion Edge complained about not receiving enough publicity from WWE, his SummerSlam opponent, John Cena, kept his eyes on the prize. What will Edge have to say about John Cena's display of superhuman strength when he gave the 500-pound Viscera a thunderous FU? Cena has been fixated on reclaiming the WWE Championship and at SummerSlam, he'll have the opportunity he's craved. Can Cena keep his focus? Or will Edge try to find a way to distract the challenger with one week to go until they face off?

Erica Chevillar was the latest casualty in the 2006 $250,000 Diva Search competition. Immediately following her dismissal, Smackdown and Diva Search host, "The Miz" gave the four remaining finalists a chance to unload some grievances on the competition. On Raw, another finalist will go home. Will it be Milena Roucka? Jen England? Lalya El? Or J.T. Tinney?

It's the last Raw before the biggest party of the year, SummerSlam, and for the answers to these questions and much, much more, you have to watch Raw live on the USA Network at 9pm/8pm CT.

Don't forget:

1 lame DX comedy skit

1 pointless IC division match (some combo of Shelton, Carlito, Nitro, and maybe Kane)

1 random Divas match

1 filler match with whoever else is on the roster

Dueling Flair/Foley promos

Just to round out your generic Summer 06 Raw.

Seeing how Summerslam's card is Raw heavy (yeah, no surprise there), I'm guessing this week's Raw will be mainly promoting the matches they have booked for the PPV while everyone who isn't booked, isn't given much to work with.

Seeing how Summerslam's card is Raw heavy (yeah, no surprise there), I'm guessing this week's Raw will be mainly promoting the matches they have booked for the PPV while everyone who isn't booked, isn't given much to work with.

Yeah I'm surprised how SS morphed into this Raw PPV with maybe 3 special attraction matches from ECW and Smackdown. And if they add anymore matches it will probably come from the Raw side, as well. They're trying to monopolize ppv time set aside for fans sitting on their hands. No fair Raw. Vito and Mike Knox need some of that time too.

Again, RAW gives me no reason to want to watch.

Dammit, I miss Monday Night wrestling and really wish they would hurry up with this stupid Orton/Hogan, DX/McMahons, and Edge/Cena crap so I can get back to watching.

So Hogan's leaving after the Orton fued, Michaels is suppossed to take time off for his knee, HHH is suppossed to take time off for his daughter, and Vince and Shane will have no reason to be on tv after the DX fued is done.

If all of that is correct, then that leaves Cena, Edge, Flair, Carlito, Benjamin, Nitro, Umaga, Kane and a few other guys to build the show around for a while.

Things could get good, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be watching the trainwreck that is Monday Night Football which will be Mr. PTI Tony "The Penguin Dance" Korn-high-ser's 1st game. It will be interesting to see if Tony goes all gimmicky like Dennis Miller with all of the useless obscure name dropping or will he try to emulate Keith Jackson be all serious and just call the action adding a few opinions here and there.

As for Raw well unless its drunk Flair calling out Foley or the Rated R Superstar shooting on people I don't give a fuck what happens tonight.

2night in that very ring its going to be Carlton Banks opening the show claiming to be the boss setting up the following matches:

Trish vs Lita vs Melina

5-on-2 Spirit Squad vs Highlanders

Shelton Benjamin vs Nitro

Matt Striker vs Eugene

Umaga vs Shane

Tonight, Ric Flair will cut a classic promo into a paperback copy of one of Foley's books.

He should cut it into Wrestlecrap: The Book in the middle of the Diva Search segment. It's not a run-in, it's a promo-in.

Forced entry?

According to WWE.com sources, John Cena has left the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia to deal with a family emergency at his father's home in West Newbury, Mass.

Attempts by WWE.com to reach Cena for further information have failed thus far. According to a source close to Cena, there was an incident involving his parents' home that occurred earlier today. While details are extremely limited at this point, it appears that Edge and Lita did enter the home. It is currently unclear if they were invited in, forced their way in or whether or not the authorities were notified.

WWE.com has confirmed that Edge and Lita have arrived at Raw at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va., but would not comment on the incident. We will keep you updated as details become available.

Forced entry?

According to WWE.com sources, John Cena has left the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia to deal with a family emergency at his father's home in West Newbury, Mass.

Attempts by WWE.com to reach Cena for further information have failed thus far. According to a source close to Cena, there was an incident involving his parents' home that occurred earlier today. While details are extremely limited at this point, it appears that Edge and Lita did enter the home. It is currently unclear if they were invited in, forced their way in or whether or not the authorities were notified.

WWE.com has confirmed that Edge and Lita have arrived at Raw at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va., but would not comment on the incident. We will keep you updated as details become available.

Wow, that's fuckin stupid. Did Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera take over while we weren't looking?

Forced entry?

Wow, that's fuckin stupid. Did Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera take over while we weren't looking?

When I saw that on WWE.com.....those two immediately came to mind. This has Russo name all over it. Maybe someone was watching some videos of RAW in 97-99.... The Austin/Pillman angle comes to mind as Hawk pointed out :D

Guest Princess Leena

If Cena's daddy dies and Bossman writes a poem about it, Raw wins me back.

Guest Human Highlight Reel
Raw starts here at 2am in England, first time i've watched it since I got Sky just yesterday.. (that's in two hours from right now) - how close is it to being live?

It is live.

Bringing the dead back to life would win over a lot of people.

Well I have a double-header tonight in my softball league, which takes place during Raw, so at least if I watch any of Raw it will be in fast forward mode......oh and by the way Season 2 of WEEDS starts tonight on Showtime....WHOO!

It'll be even impressive since he'll need to come back from the dead to write the poem.

All we need now is for Edge to get injured and Cena to show up at his house and threaten to kill him. Then we'll have the watered down Pillman twist complete!