TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Prison Break

Sarah Wayne Callies isnt returning to Prison Break

One major character leaves Prison Break

The news will not surprise many fans, especially TV spoilers addicts like myself. However, the departure of this major character will affect the show, the characters, and the fans. Not to worry, the person parting ways with FOX's Prison Break is not Wentworth Miller or Dominic Purcell. Want to know who it is? The answer, after the jump!

Spoilers ahead!

Over the summer, a few spoilers sites announced that the show was recasting the role of Doctor Sara Tancredi, played by actress Sarah Wayne Callies. When this spoiler got out, production and Callies' people quickly announced that the actress was staying with the show and that this casting call was to find a body double for the first few episodes because Callies needed some time off after giving birth.

Sara Tancredi was to be held hostage in the first few episodes and we were to only see her silhouette, her face in shadows, her hair, etc. Callies reportedly recorded dialog that would be used in those episodes (for example, a phone conversation with Michael).

If you recall, the season 1 finale featured Sara making a suicide attempt. The show's creators had planned to kill the character off but had to change their plans when the network ordered them to keep her as she was the only potential love interest for Michael and many fans liked the character. Callies came back for season 2. Sometime last year, the actress announced that she was pregnant. The show said that Tancredi would be sticking around but that her role would be reduced for a few episodes in the third season. Over the summer, we learned that Callies would be back. However, it was later revealed that she would not be a series regular anymore but a recurring character. Fans continued to speculate that maybe Sara would eventually exit the show, especially since the show was finally adding a few female regulars.

It was confirmed today that Sarah Wayne Callies is not returning to the show as first suspected. It is unknown at this point what they will do with the character. One funny rumor that made its way over the net this summer was that Sara would be killed and that her head would be sent to Michael. Will that happen now that they can't get the actress back on the show? Will they keep Sara on the show but have her be played by another actress?

Source: http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/09/07/one-majo...s-prison-break/

The news will not surprise many fans, especially TV spoilers addicts like myself. However, the departure of this major character will affect the show, the characters, and the fans. Not to worry, the person parting ways with FOX's Prison Break is not Wentworth Miller or Dominic Purcell. Want to know who it is? The answer, after the jump!

Spoilers ahead!

Over the summer, a few spoilers sites announced that the show was recasting the role of Doctor Sara Tancredi, played by actress Sarah Wayne Callies. When this spoiler got out, production and Callies' people quickly announced that the actress was staying with the show and that this casting call was to find a body double for the first few episodes because Callies needed some time off after giving birth.

Sara Tancredi was to be held hostage in the first few episodes and we were to only see her silhouette, her face in shadows, her hair, etc. Callies reportedly recorded dialog that would be used in those episodes (for example, a phone conversation with Michael).

If you recall, the season 1 finale featured Sara making a suicide attempt. The show's creators had planned to kill the character off but had to change their plans when the network ordered them to keep her as she was the only potential love interest for Michael and many fans liked the character. Callies came back for season 2. Sometime last year, the actress announced that she was pregnant. The show said that Tancredi would be sticking around but that her role would be reduced for a few episodes in the third season. Over the summer, we learned that Callies would be back. However, it was later revealed that she would not be a series regular anymore but a recurring character. Fans continued to speculate that maybe Sara would eventually exit the show, especially since the show was finally adding a few female regulars.

It was confirmed today that Sarah Wayne Callies is not returning to the show as first suspected. It is unknown at this point what they will do with the character. One funny rumor that made its way over the net this summer was that Sara would be killed and that her head would be sent to Michael. Will that happen now that they can't get the actress back on the show? Will they keep Sara on the show but have her be played by another actress?

and that officially sucks, just 3 1/2 hours from the premiere.

This was my first episode of Prison Break, ever, and I'm officially hooked. First two seasons worth watching?

Im surprised you could get hooked on the first episode of the 3rd season of show without seeing the first two..

As for last night..very interesting episode that has me even more hyped for the rest of the season.

This was my first episode of Prison Break, ever, and I'm officially hooked. First two seasons worth watching?

Im surprised you could get hooked on the first episode of the 3rd season of show without seeing the first two..

As for last night..very interesting episode that has me even more hyped for the rest of the season.

I think you could have been able to know what was basically happening, and know who was who, without seeing the first two seasons. It's kind of a fresh start for the show.

It was a really great premiere, let's just hope they keep their word that week after week it will just get better.

So far so good, Mahone still kicks ass. Three thoughts so far : Bellick really looks miserable, I hope T-Bag has something up his sleeve because he got accepted by the inmates leader way too easily. Finally, I hope Linc doesn't go all Veronica this season with the stuff happening outside the prison.

With the return of PB and Heroes next week, Monday will be back as "TV night".

So any ideas what the stuff on the paper is all about? Yet another puzzle to figure out as the season progresses. Really good show last night.

Wikipedia caught me up.

So any ideas what the stuff on the paper is all about? Yet another puzzle to figure out as the season progresses. Really good show last night.

Well, the guy was listening in on the head prisoner, so I assume he was spying and leaking information to the outside via the dead bodies.

Sure, Bellick's been an ass throughout both seasons, but you can't help but feel sorry for him. He needs to go back to being Fox River inmate Bellick.

I'm thinking the walled-up guy, who was passing out notes, is probably the guy the company wants out. Perhaps the woman who recieved the note works for the Company as well, and it's just how he communicates with said Company?

I think Teabag's plan is going to be just to get information. Teabag knows that Scofield is his only way out, but he also knows Scofield won't break him out...voluntarily. I figure Teabag will attempt to get his hands on something critical, so that Scofield needs him. Easiest way to do that? Cozy up to the boss and keep your ears open.

Or he could be planning a coup. The guy is a total fucking psychopath.

Pretty strong first episode. I thought season 2 was MUCH better than season 1 (which is ironic since there was no prison to break out of), but I have a feeling this season is going to be sick.

And I found out this summer that this kid I went to high school with (he was two years older than me, but I knew him from playing soccer with him) designed/drew the tattoos on Michael.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2339432/

Yes, season 1 was them breaking out of a prison in Illinois. Season 2 was everyone on the run, but a few characters ended up in a prison in Panama by the end of the season. As it was basically revealed in the opening episode, they're in this new prison for the sole-purpose of breaking out an inmate who's of some importance to the people behind the conspiracy.

Spoilers ahead!

Hmm..Im betting (without looking a next weeks spoiler preview) thats whats in the box.

I have a feeling it's going to be a hand or something.

Somebody found T-Bags other hand? HAHA I dont think T-Bag would want his other hand now..its probably pretty nasty even after only a couple months in Prison Breaks timeline.

Which brings up another point, PB's timeline is pretty interesting cause its only what..July and the original escape from Fox River in Season 1 was in May.

What’s in the BOXXXXX?! *channels Brad Pitt*

I think that's what we all thought, in the same Brad Pitt voice.

If the actress isn't coming back then I wish they character would be delt with quickly.

My only real bitch about this season...ok, Michael's original plan was to flee to Panama, that exact place...now how the hell does it turn out that that's exactly the place the Company wants him to be in the first place?