TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Spoilers for the next 3 weeks

from PWInsider:

Impact for 9/7:

*Jeremy Borash interviewed NWA champion Jeff Jarrett about the Polygraph test. Eric Young shows up and tells Jarrett that he'll help Jarrett prepare for the test.

*NWA Tag Team champions LAX defeated Krazy K and PJ Mack. Konnan got on the mic after the match and asks why Styles & Daniels are on the poster for No Surrender but LAX aren't. He cuts a promo about the Ultimate X match. Styles and Daniels hit the ring and ran off LAX, then hung one of the Tag belts from the Ultimate X wires above the ring. The UX structure was up the entire taping.

*Backstage, Jeremy Borash interviews Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, and Sonjay Dutt, who are all watching Jackass. Jerry Lynn questions why they aren't getting ready for their matches, and they said they are watching for ideas.

*Frankie Kazarian & Matt Bentley & America's Most Wanted defeated The James Gang & Shark Boy & Norman Smiley. James Storm hit a superkick on Smiley but Chris Harris scored the cover. AMW argued after the match.

*In a vignette filmed somewhere in an office, Jeff Jarrett takes the Polygraph test. Eric Young, there for "morale support" kept giving Jarrett advice and tries to stop Jarrett from answering certain questions. They featured Jarrett answering a few questions, then cut away, so there may be more that wasn't shown to the live audience.

*Christian Cage pinned Ron Killings with the Unprettier. Cage tried to hit the one man Conchairto after the match but Rhino makes the save and runs off Cage, then challenges him to a match at No Surrender.

*Jeremy Borash is backstage with Jeff Jarrett and Eric Young. Jarrett thinks he passed the polygraph thanks to Young.

*Jim Cornette came to the ring with the results of the Polygraph test. He officially announced Christian Cage vs. Rhino at the No Surrender PPV. Cornette called Jarrett out to the ring. Jarrett came out with Young. Cornette said that there were three questions that were the most important - whether he was involved with Christian Cage turning on Sting. Jarrett said no and the test said that was true. The second question was whether Jarrett was involved with Earl Hebner's actions at Slammiversary. Jarrett said he wasn't and that was true. The final question was whether there was a conspiracy between Larry Zbyszko and Jarrett. Jarrett said no but the test said that Jarrett was lying. An angry Jarrett chased Young out of the ring. Cornette said that it's tough to be wrestling fan in 2006. He said that Jarrett would have to wrestle in a non-title match with the fans around the ring with straps in a "Fan's Revenge Match" against Samoa Joe.

*In a segment just for the live audience, Bobby Heenan came out before the live crowd and praised TNA.

Impact for 9/14:

*AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels defeated Matt Bentley and Frankie Kazarian.

*Chris Sabin pinned Alex Shelley. TNA X-Division champion Senshi came out and was scouting Sabin. Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal came out with a shopping cart. Johnny Devine confronted them and ended up in the shopping cart, rolled down the ramp.

*In a Hangman's Horror Match. Abyss defeated Raven. The rules of the match was that you had to put a Dog Collar around your opponent's neck and then hang them over the ropes until they pass out. After the match. Brother Runt hit the ring with a chair. He went to check on Raven, but then hit an Acid Drop on Raven, turning on him.

*Jim Cornette held a Town Hall Meeting. Cornette brought fans to the ring. He announced that Earl Hebner had been exonerated by the lie detector test and would be brought back as a TNA official. He said that Larry Zbyszko was not and would be having a closed door meeting with Cornette. Samoa Joe comes out and promises to punish Jarrett for crimes against TNA and the fans. Zbyszko comes out and said that he's tired of everything Jim Cornette is doing, and of him putting the champion in a stupid match at No Surrender. Cornette refuses and tells Zbyszko to leave. Zbyszko challenges Cornette so Cornette sends Joe after him. Jarrett shows up and goes after a planted fan (a Dory Funk student) with a chair.

*In a segment for only the live crowd, Sherri Martel addressed the crowd.

Xplosion:

*Shane Douglas came out and addresses why he works with the Naturals and trying to build them up. He says that he forfeited their title match because they aren't going to back their way into a title match. He says that to earn a title match The Naturals have to defeat seven teams at No Surrender or he's pulling the plug on managing them. The Naturals then defeated Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine.

Impact for 9/21:

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett comes to the ring and claims that he's been a victim of TNA for four years. He claims that the polygraph test is bogus and that he's been a victim of TNA's poor management and of the fans. He promises to end Samoa Joe's undefeated streak at No Surrender and then would run Sting out of TNA at Bound for Glory. Samoa Joe attacks Jarrett, but Jarrett lays out Joe with a guitar. Jarrett got into the face of a fan and challenged him. The fan hopped the rail and was taken down by a number of people.

*Jay Lethal pinned Petey Williams. Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt came to the ring and distracted the referee. They do the "Jackass" bowling ball to the groin to set up the finish.

*Jim Cornette came to the announcing table.

*Eric Young pinned Norman Smiley.

*Rhino fought Monty Brown to a no contest when Christian Cage attacked him and they brawled outside the building. Cage hit Rhino with a chair while Rhino was against the wall of the building.

*They held a "fiesta" celebration for LAX with a Mariachi band and a table set up for celebrating. They had a mannequin dressed up like Uncle Sam hanging from above the ring. Konnan asked if AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels were the best that TNA had to offer and promised the Ultimate X match was going to see a level of violence that TNA has never seen before. He says that Uncle Sam represents everything they hate about the United States and start beating it. Styles and Daniels hit the ring. They end up cornering Konnan but LAX attack them. They hang Styles upside down and beat him.

Xplosion:

*Petey Williams pinned Shark Boy

*Ron Killings and Lance Hoyt defeated Matt Bentley and Frankie Kazarian.

*NWA Tag Team champions LAX defeated Krazy K and PJ Mack. Konnan got on the mic after the match and asks why Styles & Daniels are on the poster for No Surrender but LAX aren't. He cuts a promo about the Ultimate X match. Styles and Daniels hit the ring and ran off LAX, then hung one of the Tag belts from the Ultimate X wires above the ring. The UX structure was up the entire taping.
All 3 weeks worth of shows? yes it kinda makese sense in week 3 but the middle show will just look totally odd with the structure there - is it really that hard to set up and take down?

*Backstage, Jeremy Borash interviews Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, and Sonjay Dutt, who are all watching Jackass. Jerry Lynn questions why they aren't getting ready for their matches, and they said they are watching for ideas.
get ready for what matches? Lethal had one on the "week 3" show, so he and the other two should start to get ready two weeks before that? logically that doesn't sound right but the angle instead could be funny / cool / interesting depending on how they play it off.

*Christian Cage pinned Ron Killings with the Unprettier. Cage tried to hit the one man Conchairto after the match but Rhino makes the save and runs off Cage, then challenges him to a match at No Surrender.
More fuel to the "Ron Killings wants to leave TNA" fire, it's a shame because I'm not convinced he'd be used right in the WWE... then again he hasn't been used right in TNA for years.

He said that Jarrett would have to wrestle in a non-title match with the fans around the ring with straps in a "Fan's Revenge Match" against Samoa Joe.
People want to see Joe beat Jarrett definitly, unfortunately they want to see him beat Jarrett for the title - I dunno if this is a good idea or a bad, time will tell.

*In a Hangman's Horror Match. Abyss defeated Raven. The rules of the match was that you had to put a Dog Collar around your opponent's neck and then hang them over the ropes until they pass out. After the match. Brother Runt hit the ring with a chair. He went to check on Raven, but then hit an Acid Drop on Raven, turning on him.
*crosses fingers* Please don't let Runt team up with Abyss now

*Shane Douglas came out and addresses why he works with the Naturals and trying to build them up. He says that he forfeited their title match because they aren't going to back their way into a title match. He says that to earn a title match The Naturals have to defeat seven teams at No Surrender or he's pulling the plug on managing them. The Naturals then defeated Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine.
SEVEN TEAMS? :o I like the Naturals alright but SEVEN teams? call in the makeshift teams (or maybe the SAT, Briscos and Ballard Brothers want to come in and put them over?)

Samoa Joe attacks Jarrett, but Jarrett lays out Joe with a guitar.
Joe fears Balsawood!!

*They held a "fiesta" celebration for LAX with a Mariachi band and a table set up for celebrating. They had a mannequin dressed up like Uncle Sam hanging from above the ring. Konnan asked if AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels were the best that TNA had to offer and promised the Ultimate X match was going to see a level of violence that TNA has never seen before. He says that Uncle Sam represents everything they hate about the United States and start beating it. Styles and Daniels hit the ring. They end up cornering Konnan but LAX attack them. They hang Styles upside down and beat him.
A tasteless start but the visual of the Styles-Pinata could be cool (and I assume the reason they kept the ultimate X structure up)

The three shows have promise on paper definitly.

There needs to be a drunk moron who whips Joe. The expression on the fans face when he sees the expression on Joes face would be priceless and make it the greatest match ever.

Jarrett/Joe is non-title at No Surrender. Very stupid - although I understand they want to slow build Joe to the title, but for fucks sake! Jarrett el-kabonging Joe and him selling such is just as ridiculous.

To say I am very concerned about Joe losing to Jarrett is an understatement, as I could see JJ get the fluke win over him, then Jarrett beats Sting at BFG and then jobs to Joe after such. Then again, this might be something like Joe beats Jarrett, Sting beats Jarrett at BFG and Sting then jobs to Joe later in the year. All in all though, what IS the point of booking Joe/Jarrett non-title?

Ultimately TNA is going in circles with the world title situation and its really affecting things a bit. We now have it confirmed that Sting-Jarrett at BFG will be for the world title, which is a mistake IMO. I just cant see this being anything but lackluster for a main event at BFG. It would have been a perfectly fine sub-main event with Joe also defending the world title against someone like Christian or Steiner, but now it seems like there is no direction for their big show except this Sting/Jarrett nonsense which is fucked.

Jarrett/Joe is non-title at No Surrender. Very stupid - although I understand they want to slow build Joe to the title, but for fucks sake! Jarrett el-kabonging Joe and him selling such is just as ridiculous.

I'm all for Joe selling a bit. Make him look human, he sold AJ Styles moves on past shows. Watch that Turning Point match, that match was even.

I just have a problem with anyone selling the shit out of those guitar shots. That is such a ridiculously played out gimmick that yearns for Joe no selling the guitar shot IMMEDIATELY to kill it off.

Guest Doombiscuit

Joe v Jarret in a non-title match is awful. Joe selling a balsa-wood guitar shot is awful. Joe's probably going to lose and that's awful as well. I used to think TNA was the saviour of wrestling. I've been losing faith in that for awhile now but I think this confirms it. This organisation will never get any further with stupid booking like this at the top of the card

Joe selling a guitar shot is for sympathy. It's simple wrestling....Babyface gets his shine, Heel gets his heat, Babyface makes his comeback. Jarrett got one upped by management via the polygraph and the Joe Match, Joe then rubbed it in via promo. Jarrett gets the advantage in a brawl the next week via dirty tactics(guitar shot), and at the pay-per-view in a match set-up as punishment to Jeff Jarrett. Joe will probably destroy Jarrett and come out looking better than before.

Then again maybe they are dumb and will have Jarrett go over Joe, ending the streak and killing off a future star.

I'm intrested in the kind of match it's in. The fans will get to have straps and will get to whip whoever comes by. That might be worth the price of the PPV alone just to see what might happen.

I'm intrested in the kind of match it's in. The fans will get to have straps and will get to whip whoever comes by. That might be worth the price of the PPV alone just to see what might happen.

"If Double J Wins, We Riot.....With STRAPS~!"

You know, I"m really hoping someone whips Don West when he's on screen.

No way in hell is Jarrett beating Joe to end his streak, especially in a pointless non title match. I'm thinking it'll maybe be inconclusive at worst for Joe, or the fans toss JJ back in for Joe to dismantle. Then Sting takes the title from Jarrett, then Joe wipes out Sting to actually send him packing.

Is it just me or is Jim Cornette a very idiotic GM in storyline? Okay Jim, you have a vicious and undefeated Samoan killer. You want the belt OFF of Jeff Jarrett as soon as possible, thinking he kills business. So why not, I dunno, book Samoa Joe in a title match knowing he'd destroy Jarrett? I'm telling you, if Cornette isn't secretly a heel aligned with Jarrett, Zbyzsko, and Hebner none of this makes any sense.

It all adds up that way really. Cornette fires Hebner, then reinstates him saying there is no evidence Hebner was conspiring with Jarrett (aside from the video of Slammiversary). Does nothing of note to Zbyzsko aside from a hair match. Has chances to either hold the belt up or put Jarrett in a match where he can't retain, yet doesn't do it.

So, I assume they want Sting vs. Christian somewhere down the road, so is Sting winning the title and then defending against Christian at BFG? Or would it be Joe?

While I wouldn't mind Joe finally getting his title shot against Sting instead of Jarrett at whatever event in the future, I still can't comprehend how TNA missed the boat with the obvious Sting-Christian and Jarrett-Joe line-up for BFG. TNA booking is just baffling.

So, I assume they want Sting vs. Christian somewhere down the road, so is Sting winning the title and then defending against Christian at BFG? Or would it be Joe?

While I wouldn't mind Joe finally getting his title shot against Sting instead of Jarrett at whatever event in the future, I still can't comprehend how TNA missed the boat with the obvious Sting-Christian and Jarrett-Joe line-up for BFG. TNA booking is just baffling.

I would have been perfectly fine with Joe/Sting, Jarrett/Raven (play off the deal in Canada last year since they STILL are fucking rehashing that whole situation in storylines), and Christian/Styles or something like that too. Instead we are probably getting Joe/Steiner, Rhino/Christian, and of course Sting/Jarrett at BFG, which just does not ring out "WrestleMania calibur ppv" to me AT ALL.

This is what I'm thinking is going to happen.

-Joe beats Jarrett in the non-title fans with strap matches

-Jarrett beats Sting and retains his title due to Christian run-in

-Joe is number 1 contender since he beat Jarrett and gets the next shot at the next PPV.

Why does everyone assume that Joe losing to Jarrett would kill his run? If anything...it could make the fans rally around him that much more, depending on how the finish goes for No Surrender. Then Joe can really start his chase for the title...it seems these days the run to the title is more interesting than actually being the champ. It worked well before, why not now?

Why does everyone assume that Joe losing to Jarrett would kill his run? If anything...it could make the fans rally around him that much more, depending on how the finish goes for No Surrender. Then Joe can really start his chase for the title...it seems these days the run to the title is more interesting than actually being the champ. It worked well before, why not now?

Well, first off, one word: Goldberg.

Second, Jarrett is the definition of a career killer at this point. His heat is so apathetic that when he goes over someone, it just kills the other guy since nobody wants to see Jarrett even really lose in the first place and they REALLY dont want to see someone to the job to him. They just want him off tv (well at least I do) or at best, not in the position he's in. Anyone that Jarrett goes over at this point is dangerous, ESPECIALLY the guy they should be grooming at their money man. Joe has the possibility to put the company on the map if they do it right, and by doing it right is NOT by jobbing him out to JJ - thats the worst possible idea. It will kill off alot of his appeal to the casual TNA fans, and downright turn the hardcore fans off extremely, likely not wanting to bother with TNA again if they can't do shit right (me included).

Joe's appeal, over and above everything, is his sheer and brutal dominance whenever he's in with whoever. If he would lose now, ESPECIALLY to the guy that a majority of the fanbase loathes in a not so good "heel heat" way, it would kill him right off as well as the idea of a "chase" meaning something for him. He can chase the title just fine by still remaining undefeated.

Sting/Christian will be a 1 match throwaway PPV match in Nov. I'm thinking. Just to finish that off. How much time is left on Sting's contract anyway? If he doesn't sign a new deal, then I'd job him to Joe on the way out.

Sting's contract was only for one year, so he'd be done after December.

Personally, I could see Joe winning at No Surrender then at Impact, make a big deal out of the fact that he actually defeated Jarrett, in a singles match, and isn't getting a title shot, while Sting, who has already lost and (to my knowledge), hasn't even pinned JJ, is getting another title shot. Then he'd get added to the title match, making it a three way or something.

Hey I'm all for Joe loosing at some point, he should be more than his streak

but to Jeff Jarrett? How does that benefit anyone? Joe's first loss should be a BIG DEAL and really boost the guy who beats him - Jarrett will beat him with a ton of interference and guitar shots so it's not like he'll look strong and it's not like he can really be pushed higher than he already is. A loss to Jarrett would mean that the rub of "Joe's first TNA Loss" would be pissed away for no real reason and that'd just be stupid booking.

And losing to the champion would not really put him in the chase for the title, he'd go back to climbing mid-card ant hill like Rhyno or Christian after they lost to Jarrett.

So taking the booking decissions made in the past that's probably EXACTLY what they'll do :(

(I'm not down on TNA in general just how they book Jarrett)

I heard a rumor a little while ago about Bobby Roode being the guy who might end Joe's streak. I think I'd almost prefer Jarrett to that scenario.

The amusing thing here is that Joe is not even undefeated. He's lost in a couple of X Division title matches, albeit he wasn't the guy pinned.

You know, I"m really hoping someone whips Don West when he's on screen.

I like West okay, but yeah that made me laugh.

I heard a rumor a little while ago about Bobby Roode being the guy who might end Joe's streak. I think I'd almost prefer Jarrett to that scenario.

Yeah, D'Amore wants to make Roode into the heel version of Joe, or something like that.