TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

--The change in the main event for Sunday's No Mercy to a four way with Batista, Finlay, Booker and Lashley for the title was due to the fact the company believed nobody bought Lashley as a top contender and the buy rate wouldn't be any good. The company's feeling is Batista is the biggest draw on the brand and it helps to get him in a challengers role, which was the original plan to begin until they changed to Booker vs. Lashley.

From Meltzer.

Is the point of putting Lashley into a PPV main event not to elevate him? And was the point of feuding Batista with Finlay not to try and rescue Batista's overness? Batista has been floundering since Mark Henry got injured and Lashley has been improving all year and got a huge boost from the mini-feud earlier in the year against Booker when they had a series of good-great TV matches. Why not show some faith in Lashley rather than putting on a match that will almost certainly just end with another dusty finish of some kind. Hitting the panic button like this is probably just as likely to hurt the PPV buyrate than help it because it totally disrupts the build that has actually been going for a decent amount of weeks for once.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Mr. McMahon declares 8-Day Week.

Friday, October 6th: Smackdown, 8pm, CW Network.

Saturday, October 7th: Live chat with Mr. McMahon, 2pm, WWE.com.

Sunday, October 8th: No Mercy, 8pm, PPV.

Monday, October 9th: Raw Season 15 Premiere - The Raw Family Reunion, 8pm, USA Network.

Tuesday, October 10th: ECW on Sci-Fi, 10pm, Sci-Fi Network.

Wednesday, October 11th: Legends Of Wrestling: Hulk Hogan, WWE 24/7.

Thursday, October 12th: Divas Special, 12pm Noon, WWE.com.

Friday, October 13th: Smackdown, 8pm, CW Network, and The Marine opens nationwide.

It has just been revealed that World Wrestling Entertainment renewed the rights to the NWO/New World Order trademark on Wednesday, September 27th. Here is the information, courtesy of uspto.gov:

Word Mark NWO NEW WORLD ORDER

Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sports jerseys, tank-tops, sweatpants, tops, bottoms, and shorts; headgear, namely, hats and caps; footwear. FIRST USE: 20020531. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20020531

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING

Design Search Code

Filing Date September 27, 2006

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1B

Registration Date September 25, 2007

Owner (REGISTRANT) WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 EAST MAIN ST STAMFORD CONNECTICUT 06902

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED

Attorney of Record Renee L. Duff

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Bump, I guess?

No love for this tidbit?

Could just be to maintain the trademarks for merchandising and DVD purposes, please dear god don't let it be for a DX/nWo feud

I'd mark out for D-X Vs. the nWo

Me too, about 9 years ago.

My thoughts exactly.

Watching DX on Raw is bad enough. I don't need to see another watered-down version of the nWo stinking up things too.

Who would be in the nwo now, though. I don't see Hogan doing this. Or maybe he would if it all led to a Wrestlemania match.

Nash and Sean Waltman. And Vincent. You need Vincent dammit. It just doesn't work without Vincent.

From Meltzer:

--This is not confirmed past this, but King Booker just did an interview for The Fight Network and said that Marty "Boogeyman" Wright had just been rehired.

From Meltzer:

--This is not confirmed past this, but King Booker just did an interview for The Fight Network and said that Marty "Boogeyman" Wright had just been rehired.

Than why fire him in the first place.

I was bored last night, so I popped in the John Cena Word Life DVD that I got for free with the Summerslam DVD at Circuit City. Watching it, I of course miss the old Cena, but if anyone else watched it, I think I spotted a "pre-Superstar" sighting. In the Thanksgiving 03 freestyle, where he walks in on all the wrestlers having dinner, Cena walks over to the girl working the catering table dressed as an Indian and says stuff to her. I am 99% sure it was Melina. Anyone else see this/notice this/remember this?

I was bored last night, so I popped in the John Cena Word Life DVD that I got for free with the Summerslam DVD at Circuit City. Watching it, I of course miss the old Cena, but if anyone else watched it, I think I spotted a "pre-Superstar" sighting. In the Thanksgiving 03 freestyle, where he walks in on all the wrestlers having dinner, Cena walks over to the girl working the catering table dressed as an Indian and says stuff to her. I am 99% sure it was Melina. Anyone else see this/notice this/remember this?

Ya i saw that. It was Melina before the surgery.

Guest messiahtype

watching kurt angle vs shawn michaels for the first time since i seen it live. things that stood out..

1.the nip up was disgraceful. shawn takes an angle slam to the post, 2 belly to belly, a normal angle slam and then basically no seels it. i guess the adrenaline makes up fr it, huh?

2.shawn stayed in the ankle lock longer than austin stayed in the sharpshooter at wm 13.

watching kurt angle vs shawn michaels for the first time since i seen it live. things that stood out..

1.the nip up was disgraceful. shawn takes an angle slam to the post, 2 belly to belly, a normal angle slam and then basically no seels it. i guess the adrenaline makes up fr it, huh?

Angle didn't give him a normal angle slam, Shawn countered it. Better watch it again. That was hardly a superhuman comeback. It wasn't even a comeback. Before the kip up, Shawn had done two dives off the top rope and a low blow and some other moves. He was already on the offensive.

Yes, adrenaline makes up for the momentary no selling.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
From Meltzer:

Marty Wright (The Boogeyman) is being brought back to the WWE after being fired on Wednesday, September 20th. The announcement should be made in the next week by WWE. We'll have more details on this as the story develops.

Regarding Wright's release, he was shocked and dismayed that WWE decided to let him go. He didn't understand as to what he did wrong to cause him to be fired. Unfortunately, Wright had earned a reputation as being unreliable, not dedicated to getting better, making excuses for missing rehab assignments, and generally being oblivious to how unprofessional he came across. There was ongoing concern that he wasn't advancing as a talent behind the catch phrase and ring entrance, both of which he had obviously mastered.

YES.

Now they're just screwing with their talent - so what was it? a mistake? they meant to fire Charles Wright, screwed up and fired Marty instead? then they realized that the Godfather doesn't work for them any more?

Or maybe it was a "wake up call"?

If Boogeyman was fired for unprofessional conduct then whomever fired him in the first place should be fired as well - unbelievably unprofessional.

Guest messiahtype

1.the nip up was disgraceful. shawn takes an angle slam to the post, 2 belly to belly, a normal angle slam and then basically no sells it. i guess the adrenaline makes up fr it, huh?

Angle didn't give him a normal angle slam, Shawn countered it. Better watch it again. That was hardly a superhuman comeback. It wasn't even a comeback. Before the kip up, Shawn had done two dives off the top rope and a low blow and some other moves. He was already on the offensive.

Yes, adrenaline makes up for the momentary no selling.

i meant to say an angle slam to the post, 2 belly to bellys, and a top rope angleslam(even worse) yet he nips up as usual basically no selling the whole match. adrenaline my ass. btw, IIRC he doesn end up taking a standard angle slam after countering one of the teams with an armdrag. i never complained about the transition, i complained about the no sellling that's prevelant in nearly all shawn's singles matches. i have a question for you.

why did shawn michaels stop wearing his traditional attire(92-98) and opt for the current,(and terrible imo) cahps look?

Because after his return from the back injury he's got very skinny chikenlegs, I mean old man chickenlegs so the chaps hide that.

i meant to say an angle slam to the post, 2 belly to bellys, and a top rope angleslam(even worse) yet he nips up as usual basically no selling the whole match. adrenaline my ass.

The top rope angleslam came after the kip up.