TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

BTW, why has WWE shortened CCC's name to just "Carlito" for a few months now?  Did they think "Carlito Caribbean Cool" was too long?

JR kept calling him Carribean Cool Carlito so they decided it was too complicated for him and shortened it.

They shortnened it long before he came to Raw. I think the change came when he was injured. They thought the name was too long to get the point across so they simply started calling hom Carlito.

I think dropping "Carribean" would have been enough...keeping "Cool" makes more sense, since it ties directly into his gimmick...

EDIT: didn't Ric Flair refer to him by his real last name, "Colon" (sp?), this past monday or was I hearing things?

Yes he did. You heard right.

Guest clockworkraven
BTW, why has WWE shortened CCC's name to just "Carlito" for a few months now?  Did they think "Carlito Caribbean Cool" was too long?

JR kept calling him Carribean Cool Carlito so they decided it was too complicated for him and shortened it.

They shortnened it long before he came to Raw. I think the change came when he was injured. They thought the name was too long to get the point across so they simply started calling hom Carlito.

I think dropping "Carribean" would have been enough...keeping "Cool" makes more sense, since it ties directly into his gimmick...

EDIT: didn't Ric Flair refer to him by his real last name, "Colon" (sp?), this past monday or was I hearing things?

Carlito Cool? Cool Carlito? The 'Caribbean' saved it. At least it gave him some excuse to have that accent. And does his Tron still say CCC?

Carlito Cool? Cool Carlito? The 'Caribbean' saved it. At least it gave him some excuse to have that accent. And does his Tron still say CCC?

nothing wrong with Carlito Cool...oh and his look as well as the name "Carlito" are his excuse for having an accent...I don't need the word "Carribean" there to tell me the guy is of Hispanic decent...

Guest jm29195
Anyone remember when Big Show was still somewhat in shape?

Yeah, around the time of Unforgiven 99 he was making his ring entrance by vaulting over the top rope and he even managed a rope assisted kip-up in the match against Bossman at Armageddon.....

Guest aural angel dust

I've only just realised the filthy innuendo of Kurt Angle's 'Three I's' :bonk:

Anyone remember when Big Show was still somewhat in shape?

Yeah, around the time of Unforgiven 99 he was making his ring entrance by vaulting over the top rope and he even managed a rope assisted kip-up in the match against Bossman at Armageddon.....

He did the same kip up last month at Unforgiven.

Guest jm29195
He did the same kip up last month at Unforgiven.

Shit, I skipped that match because it was Show/Snitsky but maybe it's worth another look!

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

On Byte This, Orlando Jordan said he'd quit this business if he tapped out to the Cripple Crossface again.

So is RAW A.M. pretty much Livewire (do any of you remember that show?) with a lame name?

It's RAW clipped to an hour with a news ticker at the bottom. No in studio host.

Anyone see the WWE.com video of the day? It's a Heart Throbs promo called "It's a Heart Throb Life" I'd definitly recommend checking it out :cheers:

Recently saw a US Title Match between Giant and Hennig on wwe.com's jukebox. Wasn't expecting much but it was great for a 5 minute match.

Hennig bumped all over the place at the onset until he got some token offense in. Which led to an incredible HennigPlex for a near fall. Giant kipped up and chokeslammed Hennig which drew in the nWo B-Team for the DQ. It took a while, but they finally got Giant down when Sting came out and cleaned house. Awesome Nitro segment.

I've only just realised the filthy innuendo of Kurt Angle's 'Three I's' :bonk:

I must be hideously naieve. Explain please.

two eyes on his head, one eye on his pecker...that's how i'd take that anyway, maybe i'm wrong? if i'm wrong, i'm sure what that person is talking about is just as stupid...

Guest clockworkraven
So when is Matt Hardy either showing up on Smackdown or his new gimmick debuting?

He's on the Peep Show this week, I think. Or next week.

They have an article on it, just go to wwe.com.

Guest Kaedon

Yes, V1 on Smackdown. Maybe he and CC can rekindle their tag team feud from years past. Id love to see it, they are both a lot better now and I bet could suprise a lot of "peeps"

casket match against UT at Rumble 98...he did a spot where he went over the top and cracked hisb ack on the edge of the casket...

Didn't the injury occur prior to the match? I know landing on the casket is what led to his brief retirement, but I thought he reinjured a previous injury.

Kind of strange that Matt Hardy's "darkside" is going to debut on probably the most upbeat segment of Smackdown (Christian's Peep Show). I wonder if Christian will ask him various questions and Matt Hardy will just remain silent and stare into space.

casket match against UT at Rumble 98...he did a spot where he went over the top and cracked hisb ack on the edge of the casket...

Didn't the injury occur prior to the match? I know landing on the casket is what led to his brief retirement, but I thought he reinjured a previous injury.

you may be right...someone like HTQ would know better than I would...my guess is he had a bad back going in but that spot is what really aggrevated it to the point he had to call it quits...

Kind of strange that Matt Hardy's "darkside" is going to debut on probably the most upbeat segment of Smackdown (Christian's Peep Show).  I wonder if Christian will ask him various questions and Matt Hardy will just remain silent and stare into space.

Well now wwe.com is saying that while orginally scheduled to appear on the Peep Show, he has decided to let his actions speak louder than his words and to tune into UPN Friday night to find out what it means.

Guest rawmvp

It's been nearly FIVE years since WCW went out of business, and we still haven't seen Sting in a WWE ring! Why? Doesn't Vince know that he's missing out on a big-time angle and boost in WWE programming, especially if Sting is used right?

A Sting-Undertaker feud would be awesome. Just imagine Undertaker standing in a ring with black and purple lights being spotlighted on him, and then the lights go out completely, and when they turn back on, Sting is in the ring with a bat pointed at Taker's back.

A Sting-Shawn Michaels feud is one I'd also like to see.

BTW, what happened to the proposed Rock-Sting match at WresteMania 21?

He's the only major wrestling star not to work for Vince McMahon. Am I the only one clamoring for a Sting return?

This should be the rawmvp thread. Next time you think something is important enough to make a thread about, think real hard about it.

And Sting in WWE would be just as bad as every former WCW wrestling run. See Goldberg, Steiner, Nash, ect.

This should be the rawmvp thread. Next time you think something is important enough to make a thread about, think real hard about it.

And Sting in WWE would be just as bad as every former WCW wrestling run. See Goldberg, Steiner, Nash, ect.

If he thought too hard his head would explode.

Sting isn't in WWE because he doesn't want to wrestle. And even if he wanted to wrestle, I don't think he's keen on going to WWE unless it's for a one-time deal.

Guest *KNK*

Sting isn't in WWE because he doesn't want to wrestle. And even if he wanted to wrestle, I don't think he's keen on going to WWE unless it's for a one-time deal.

Precisely, If Sting really cared about it enough, He would have given into Vince already. Unlike most former workers, Sting doesn't concern himself with the "glory" of the pop. Unlike certain other "jesus boys" in Pro Wrestling, his beliefs seem more sincere.

Sting will do a indy show here and there just to get the juices flowing but by no means does he care to insert himself into Vince McMahon's web of idiocy.

Also Sting has a bit of honor and integrity about himself. He doesn't care to have his legacy spit on.

Precisely, If Sting really cared about it enough, He would have given into Vince already. Unlike most former workers, Sting doesn't concern himself with the "glory" of the pop. Unlike certain other "jesus boys" in Pro Wrestling, his beliefs seem more sincere.

Sting will do a indy show here and there just to get the juices flowing but by no means does he care to insert himself into Vince McMahon's web of idiocy.

Also Sting has a bit of honor and integrity about himself. He doesn't care to have his legacy spit on.

I think Sting is one of the few guys in wrestling to 'find' Jesus who actually means it.