TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

While the 2004 draft made for a entertaining show and a ratings boost, the 2005 version - spread over a month of television - wasn't nearly as interesting. 2006 didn't have one and by now they just say "contract expired" if they need someone on a different show, and that's only if they bother explaining it. The borders are very loose right now and a draft lottery wouldn't have any drama to it.

With all the bouncing around they do with their roster now, a draft lottery would be pretty pointless. I mean, all three champions appear regularly on all three shows, the Hardyz and MNM have feuded across all three programs, and Khali and Daivari have appeared on all of them this year. Those are just a few examples I can think of off the top of my head. They should just drop the pretense of having separate "brands" all together.

Heh, I e-mailed Meltzer on that 'unconfirmed' story about Punk and I got a simple, somewhat vague/cryptic reply:

"It's true people are out to get him."

There's a lot of ways you can take that, I suppose.

WCW first began to pull away from the NWA in 1991 over the Ric Flair controversy. When WCW stripped Flair of the NWA Title, Flair refused to give the belt back because WCW Executive V.P. Jim Herd refused to return Flair's $25,000 deposit for holding the belt. The NWA still recognized Flair as the champion and refused to recognize Lex Luger as the new champion. Flair then quit WCW, claiming breach of contract when his deposit was not returned, immediately bolted to the WWF and took the NWA Title with him. Flair showed up on WWF television with the title, going after WWF Champion Hulk Hogan and proclaiming himself to be the "Real World's Champion". After a legal injuction filed by the NWA was granted, the belt was censored. Flair quit appearing with it when he won the WWF Title in January 1992.

When WCW gave Flair his deposit back to get possession of the belt in summer 1992, the 16-man tournament in Japan was held in fall 1992 for the title that Masa Hiro Chono eventually won by defeating WCW U.S. Champion Rick Rude in the finals.

So for about a year, WCW had two world titles. It wasn't until September 1993 that WCW officially severed ties with the NWA after another champion dispute. At Fall Brawl 1993, WCW booked an NWA Title match featuring Flair defending against Rude, with Rude scheduled to win the belt. The NWA board refused to authorize the title change and would not recognize Rude as the champion. That lead to WCW only referring to the title on the show as the "Big Gold Belt". When the pay-per-view opened, commentators Tony Schiavone & Jesse Ventura explained to the viewers that WCW was no longer a member of the NWA. The match went on as planned, and Rude won the "Big Gold Belt" from Flair. It wasn't until Halloween Havoc 1993 for the Flair vs. Rude rematch that the belt was officially renamed to the "WCW International World Title".

The two titles were merged together at a Clash of the Champions in May 1994 when WCW Champion Flair defeated WCW International Champion Sting. WCW chose to use the NWA/Big Gold Belt/International Title as their title and retired the new belt they had made for Luger in July 1991.

Vince and Shane McMahon recently discussed the possibility of starting a WWE MMA project. Shane is all for it but Vince is colder on the idea. Vince is concerned that the MMA market in the USA is already oversaturated. Shane feels that, apart from UFC, nobody is doing it successfully on an national basis.

wrestling observer newsletter

What's with Vince being on the ball these days? He wants to push cruiserweights, sign international talent that already have large fanbases, push Stephanie's most hated wrestler and wants to make ECW relevant. Now, he realizes that he can't compete with UFC on MMA. Isn't there a good amount of low level MMA companies (I know there's a local one around here) already? I think Vince probably has learned with the failure in football, body building and whatever else. Surprise he hasn't tried to buy a racing league like ASA and drive (pardon the pun) into the ground.

Focus on making wrestling relevant, it has its own major niche audience like MMA.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=23135&p=1

TEST RELEASED BY WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT

by Mike Johnson @ 3:15:00 PM on 2/27/2007

ECW star Andrew "Test" Martin was released by World Wrestling Entertainment today. Martin was suspended due to a Wellness Policy violation last month and as reported by PWInsider.com yesterday was involved in a car accident yesterday in Florida.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/testecwreleased

As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Test (Andrew Martin). We wish Test all the best in all future endeavors.

I was browsing through WWE.com and they actually have a history of the WCW Championship in their title history section. even more interesting is they actually achknowledge that current World Heavyweight Championship carries the linage of the NWA/WCW Championship.

it seems to be the only way to fire test. Wait for something bad to happen (Get in a car crash or be on the shelf recovering from a broken neck) and then let him go

Hopefully, Test will get off the gas for a while and lose some of his GH gut. He may as well do something for his health while there's no need to shoot up.

Until TNA wants to team him and Hoyt together.

What's with Vince being on the ball these days? He wants to push cruiserweights, sign international talent that already have large fanbases, push Stephanie's most hated wrestler and wants to make ECW relevant. Now, he realizes that he can't compete with UFC on MMA. Isn't there a good amount of low level MMA companies (I know there's a local one around here) already? I think Vince probably has learned with the failure in football, body building and whatever else. Surprise he hasn't tried to buy a racing league like ASA and drive (pardon the pun) into the ground.

Focus on making wrestling relevant, it has its own major niche audience like MMA.

There are 5 MMA groups on tv with UFC as the only one doing live shows on basic cable. There is UFC on Spike, Pride FC on FSN, IFL on FSN, Bodog Fight St. Petersburg on Ion, and Excel on Showtime. I don't know how WWE would get into MMA and I really don't want to see its branding techniques being used to push former college football players or bodybuilders as legit fighters. Worst come to worst the new project would be like XFL hot start due to curiosity then a downward spiral to cancellation.

Rob Van Dam, Sandman and Sabu were acting like they were 'personas non grata' and wanted to be anywhere else but there at the 2/20 Smackdown/ECW tapings. Backstage the ECW cast seems to be looked down upon. Matt Striker in particular has significant heat with JBL and was hiding his bags in the dressing room for local extras to keep so that nothing would be done to them. Sabu and Sandman also changed with the extra to avoid the heat. There is also lots of heat on Kelly Kelly due to her complete lack of knowledge about wrestling. She knows nothing about the business and people are complaining about why people like that are with the company, although the people doing the hiring seem to be escaping the blame. None of the other women seem to like Kelly, while most of the guys give her no respect. Joey Mercury is said to be particularly mean about her.

wrestling observer newsletter

I don't think Kelly's fully to blame for the situation, but she's been with the company for about 8 months now...in that time she could have done some research on the net or read up more on wwe. That she didn't indicates she's getting what she deserves here.

She was hired to be a looker. She's doing her job. Not every diva is going to be like Maria and have an insane understanding of the history of the business.

If you worked for McDonald's, should you know every detail about the company? No. You do your job with the fries and thats all that matters.

She was hired to be a looker. She's doing her job. Not every diva is going to be like Maria and have an insane understanding of the history of the business.

If you worked for McDonald's, should you know every detail about the company? No. You do your job with the fries and thats all that matters.

I don't think anyone is asking her to know every single detail about WWE. But I think, considering how long she's been there, she should know somethings.. If she's still as ignorant about wwe as when she first started, then she's either very stupid or going out of her way to remain oblivious.

There's also an MMA group on one of the HD channels (HDNet, I think). I forget what it's called. WWE would be better served working with an existing group, rather than starting their own, if they have any serious interest in MMA.

Wasn't it Test that made a bunch of postings following Eddie's death about how WWE would doesn't care about their wrestlers and how they'd never commit to a Wellness policy? I vaguely remember this, but I could be wrong.

That's a little different. Working for McDonalds is a regular job. Working as a wrestler usually involves it being a 'calling' or a way of life to some extent, it's not something you see in the job centre and think 'oh, that'd be a decent earner'.

--Nothing new from WWE on Mistico other than as of a few minutes before this was posted, he was not in San Jose, but was still expected to be in San Jose. He did work in Puebla, Mexico last night. He is now booked in Pachuca for tonight's CMLL show as Rosalio Garcia stated in the press. He is not booked back in Mexico until Thursday, where he's doing a double-shot.

It looks like this thing is going down to the wire.

Test is claiming that he quit due to the politicking that has resulted since the Heyman removal.

Matt Striker mocked Owen Hart awhile ago, well at least did an impression of him that the vets including Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit didn't at all appreciate and led to him getting kicked out of the lockerroom. At house shows he usually dresses in stairwells and such.

Sabu and Sandman can't wrestle worth a lick is probably why the boys don't like them.

What ECW wrestlers were stiffing JBL after the Meanie incident at ONS?

Also worth noting for the Canadian fans -

Raw will be shown next week at 9:15 and probably will air at that time for the near future. There is a 15 minute "Countdown to Raw" that will air at the top of the nine o'clock hour as a lead in. From what I understand of the situation is that the CRTC only allows so much live content on the station and given the other sporting events they carry that have to be aired live, wrestling will thus be aired on a 15 minute delay.

Matt Striker mocked Owen Hart awhile ago, well at least did an impression of him that the vets including Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit didn't at all appreciate and led to him getting kicked out of the lockerroom.

This story changes monthly.