TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Kinda makes you wonder what's wrong with her.

I don't know....maybe its because she's on the road most of the year!

Guest Kobe24KGold

BEST NEWS I've heard all week.

From PWINSIDER:

"The lowest rated portion of Raw this week was the Vince McMahon vs. Triple H match, which the company believes to be their hottest feud. "

REJOICE~!

Guest JN Silentbob

Kinda makes you wonder what's wrong with her.

I don't know....maybe its because she's on the road most of the year!

Yeah, granted, that could be it...but she could be a total whack-job, too, you never know.

Guest JN Silentbob

They'll still blame it on something else. They'll say some obscure show on some obscure channel stole their viewers.

Monday Night Football.

No it was the ECW mutants in the crowd.

The "Change The Channel" chant works on telepathy. Oddly enough, so does the "Asshole" chant, so the fans themselves should be only blaming themselves for the Kiss My Ass Club, which, while the chant was started around 97/98 and the Club didn't start to like 02/03 ...it just takes alot longer to take affect, like democracy.

They say that every football season. Does anyone ever believe them?

ESPN

From PWINSIDER:

"The lowest rated portion of Raw this week was the Vince McMahon vs. Triple H match, which the company believes to be their hottest feud. "

REJOICE~!

Awesome.

They'll still blame it on something else. They'll say some obscure show on some obscure channel stole their viewers.

Monday Night Football.

No it was the ECW mutants in the crowd.

No it was the 5th anniversary of 9/11 and people didn't watch cause they were in fear of another attack happening.

Monday Night Football.

The Gene Simmons reality show on A&E.

From PWINSIDER:

REJOICE~!

Awesome.

But the overrun was the highest-rated with a 4.0. Go figure.

From PWINSIDER:

REJOICE~!

Awesome.

Everybody flipped back to see if the match was over yet.

From PWINSIDER:

REJOICE~!

Awesome.

Everyone wanted to watch Law & Order SVU and check out Olivia.

Lance Storm commented on Trish Stratus retirement

With Trish’s pending retirement I thought it would be cool to look at her career and do a tribute commentary of sorts for quite possibly the most influential and successful female wrestler/Diva of all time.

I have a bit of a soft spot when it comes to Trish because I played a small role in her career and progression as a worker, and during our time together in WWE we became friends. I first met Trish when I debuted in WWE with my WCW Invasion run in (she was part of the mixed tag match I ran in on), and we hit it off right away.

It’s fairly common knowledge that Fit Finlay was a big part of the women’s division boom in 2001-2003. He was the agent assigned the women’s matches at that time and Trish and the girls wanted to learn and have better matches and Fit showed them the respect they deserved and actually taught them and took them seriously. What isn’t so common knowledge is that at that time I too worked with the girls and frequently assisted Fit with his teaching. Fit and I go way back (We worked together in Europe in 1993 & 1995 as well as WCW) and he often asked me to help demonstrate moves for the girls and I became some what of an unofficial assistant agent to the girls. I respected the fact that Trish and the others were trying to improve and become respected workers, so I offered them whatever help I could.

There were countless days at TV where the girls would put a match together with Fit, and then after when her opponent was busy doing something else, I would step in and run through the matches with Trish playing the part of her opponent. I remember how amazed she was the first time we ran through a match and I actually called some of her spots back to her. I love to teach and love working with people who want to learn so this was a very fun time in my career.

Trish had an absolute amazing run in this business. I can’t recall one scandal or incident she was involved in her entire career (a rarity in this business). She started as a Valet, learned to wrestle and became the most dominant female performer in I don’t know how long, perhaps ever. She spearheaded the only real legitimate women’s division in WWE history. I ‘m not slighting all the other women who busted their ass as well during that time period, but it was Trish that the office saw and pushed as the focal point, and it was her and Fit Finlay who pushed the division to the credibility it achieved. The offices faith in Trish enabled the creation of the whole division, which allowed other great women to showcase their talents as well. At one point the depths of the women’s division was amazing, with great workers like, Victoria, Molly Holly, Jazz, and Gayle Kim to name a few. These girls got a chance to shine in part due to Trish’s work ethic, determination and the offices faith in her.

Trish took women’s wrestling from being not much more than glorified T&A and made it a legitimate competitive division you could be proud of. I would go so far as to say Trish Stratus did for women’s wrestling what Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, and Rey Mysterio did for Cruiser Weight Wrestling in the late 90’s. No small feat.

It is because of my fondness and respect for Trish that I was thrilled to hear of her retirement. So many people over stay their welcome in this business, or simply get eaten up by it. Wrestling tragedies are far to common it’s nice to here a success story for a change. Trish is getting out on top, on her own terms. Trish entered this business, succeeded at it, and managed to get out, with both herself and the business better off for her having been a part of it.

I wish Trish nothing but the best, in her future life. Part of me hopes she comes back at some point because of the fun it would bring both her and the fans, but part of me hopes that she doesn’t. It’s nice to see someone leave their mark on this business and get out with their head held high.

Congratulations Trish on an amazing career, you should be very proud of what you have achieved.

Lance Storm

Comparing what trish did for womens wrestling to what Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko and Mysterio did for cruiserweight wrestling is a huge compliment.

Guest JN Silentbob

From PWINSIDER:

REJOICE~!

Awesome.

Everyone wanted to watch Law & Order SVU and check out Olivia.

who wouldn't?

From PWINSIDER:

REJOICE~!

Awesome.

The overrun is always going to be the highest rated because people are tuning in to the channel to see the next show. I've never been able to figure out why anyone cares about the overrun rating. You're cutting into another show's time, of course you're going to get some of their viewers. All the new viewers they get are probably saying "Goddamnit, when the fuck is this wrestling crap ever going to be over"

Remember the rumors a few years ago that Trish Stratus & Lilian Garcia were in a lesbian relationship because they are usually seen together all the time and because no one knew of either having a boyfriend?

after Trish won last night and pointed to Lillian who was crying and pointing back at her this was the first thin that popped into my mind thinking maybe it was true well i can dream right.

Trish Stratus had only one weakness.

05.jpg

Using present tense verbs.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com Newsletter

As reported earlier, WWE signed Henry O. Godwinn to a contract last week. This transaction is mildly controversial because several months back, Godwinn had a tryout match before an OVW taping and the reports on his ring work were terrible. Then again, he hadn't regularly wrestled in about eight years. John Laurinaitis decided against keeping him around in OVW and DSW, even though it was major WWE star's recommendation to use him. That star was Triple H.

Henry Godwinn and Triple H are good friends. Had it not been for Triple H, Godwinn probably wouldn't have gotten all these tryout matches in the first place, let alone a WWE contract. Godwinn's son passed away last year, he needed a job, and he missed wrestling - so after Triple H told all that to some WWE officials, Godwinn got a second chance to show his stuff.

Godwinn had three tryout matches two weeks ago, and the reports stated that he looked old and wrestled poorly in all three matches. Internally, some people believed that the Godwinn vs. Bull Buchanan match before the 9/5 Smackdown tapings was one of the worst dark matches in quite some time. Despite the lackluster reviews for Godwinn's in-ring work, Triple H managed to secure a job for him anyways. Godwinn will more than likely be a part of the Smackdown brand.

No Vito in the main event slot for Smackdown apparently. And more Cena for everybody.

From WWE.com

This Friday marks the long-awaited premiere of SmackDown on the CW network. The program that is changing Friday nights will make the transition in grand fashion as SmackDown brings a huge night of action to the CW Network.

John Cena to make SmackDown appearance

New WWE Champion and RAW Superstar John Cena will make a special Friday night appearance to personally thank General Manager Theodore Long for the SmackDown contract offer. WWE.com has learned that Long has something special in mind for the visiting Champion.

Challenge from the grave

WWE.com has also learned that Vito has voluntarily surrendered his opportunity at King Booker's World Heavyweight Championship on Friday. Instead, the dress-wearing fan-favorite has passed the match on to the legendary Undertaker. What will happen when the Deadman makes a rare SmackDown appearance and enters King Booker's Royal SmackDown Kingdom at the huge CW premiere?

Bitter family fued continues

We also know that Rey Mysterio will face Chavo Guerrero this Friday. Last week, the Chavo-Vickie business partnership once again found a way to distract the downtrodden Mysterio. Rey looked as though he was finally back on his game when he entered the arena with his son, Dominick. However, when he saw Chavo and Vickie enter his private locker room where Dominick was watching the match, Rey’s smile gave way to an apprehensive stare and United States Champion Mr. Kennedy capitalized on the distraction to score the win. Will Chavo and Vickie still be in Rey’s head next week on CW? Can Rey finally settle the score when he meets Chavo in the ring for the first time since SummerSlam?

CW Superstar Batista to kickoff CW premiere

Also, former World Heavyweight Champion and CW acting star Batista will open the CW premiere. What will the Animal have to say on his first night in his new home?

Guest slmon

"Despite the lackluster reviews for Godwinn's in-ring work, Triple H managed to secure a job for him anyways. Godwinn will more than likely be a part of the Smackdown brand."

So, HHH will vouch for his friend but not to the point of having him on H's own show? Why does SD get all of Raw's rejects???