TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

well... having not read the spoilers, I sure hope this Smackdown is a good one. Bummer that it had to be taped at a supershow, since something like a new set would have made the premiere on a new network pretty cool.

heh, acting star.

Tommy Dreamer's new "Diary of Violence" on ECW's website claims that Trish Stratus was looking to break into ECW in 1999 but didn't know who to contact. She ran into Raven, who had just quit WCW and returned to ECW, at a comic book convention. Raven asked Stratus for pictures and told her that he would give them to Paul Heyman.

Dreamer said that this was when Raven was battling demons, so naturally Raven forgot all about Trish and her pictures. The WWF ended up winning the bidding war over WCW for Stratus' services, and she debuted with the company in March 2000.

Dreamer reminded everyone that, "I still hate Raven, nevermore."

==========

In his latest Most Extreme Player of the Week article, Joey Styles challenges Jim Ross' suggestion that there shouldn't be an Extreme Rules match every week for ECW on Sci-Fi. While Styles agrees with the idea that having every match Extreme Rules could face shelf life issues, he disagrees that there shouldn't be a weekly Extreme Rules match. He says considering the guests they get from Raw and Smackdown every week, if they took away the weekly Extreme Rules match, there wouldn't be anything to distinguish it from WWE anymore and might as well start calling it "WWE Tuesday Night RawDown!"

Styles also defiantly states that every ECW Title match should be held under Extreme Rules.

"If the ECW World Champion is not extreme enough to defend the championship under those conditions every time he steps into the ring, then that champion is not extreme enough to represent ECW and should wrestle for RAW or SmackDown."

http://www.savefile.com/files/83898

» THE LAW RECAP

Posted by Brian on September 17, 2006

Download Interview | Size: 8.10 MB | Length: 8:51

Minutes after Unforgiven ended, Trish joined the LAW in her first interview after her retirement.

- Trish was welcomed to the show and said she was on cloud nine.

- Trish says this whole week has been nuts; happy, sad, anxious excited have been all the emotions.

- Trish says while standing at the curtain hearing the "Thank you Trish" chants made her think "Oh my god!"

- Trish reveals the idea for using the sharpshooter came from herself. She says people questioned why she would use it and her response was you needed to be Canadian.

- Trish explains her contract came up in early September and had to look at where she was in life. She thought it was the right time.

- Trish jokes that she "snuck" the women's title out of her bag after the PPV.

- Trish talks about how many neat people she was able to work with in the past that molded her into what she is today.

- Trish thought it was pretty crazy that her first & last RAW was in New York.

- Trish hopes people will remember her as one of the top divas because she has worked her ass off to have that legacy.

- Trish goes on a little more to say that the fans grown with her in the ring. She wanted to prove to the fans and her co-workers that she belonged in the ring.

- Trish mentions she thought it was amazing how much the fans respected her tonight.

- Trish jokes theres not much they can do in the women's division without her. However, there may be someone next to step-up to the plate.

- Trish is excited about touring Europe for her honeymoon.

- Trish lists some things she'll be doing away from wrestling, such as alphabetizin her DVDs, baking and possibly co-hosting the LAW once again like her old roots before signing with WWE.

- On a side note, the show's host makes mention that she was shooting extras for the Unforgiven DVD.

- Trish threw in one last joke concerning the title saying she was running with it.

please credit stratus-faction.com if posted elsewhere

I think Vince McMahon has finally trained casual wrestling fans into thinking that all workers should look like bodybuilders. I still frequent a few mark boards and last night they were going on about Trevor Murcdoch and how fat and ugly he is and that he shouldn't be on TV let alone in main events.

Here's a few gems:

murdock just makes me what to puke, i cant stand looking at him, waste of space

Murdoch needs to put clothes on. He should not be wrestling in trunks and no shirt. He is vile to look at.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Extreme debut at Survivor Series.

After last year’s Survivor Series featured a battle of the brands in a Classic Survivor Series Match between Team SmackDown and Team RAW, did you really think that the annual Thanksgiving season pay-per-view would roll around again without ECW trying to crash the party? Yea, we didn’t either. So it came as no surprise when WWE.com was informed that the ECW Extremists will be looking for their piece of the action in Philadelphia on November 26.

The details of ECW’s involvement in Survivor Series are still unclear, but we do know for certain that the Extremists will be in the building and that it will be RAW vs. SmackDown vs. ECW when the second longest running pay-per-view in WWE history celebrates its 20th anniversary. Will we still see a Classic Survivor Series elimination tag match, or will the involvement of a third brand bring about a new type of match stipulation?

The Extremists will be hoping to shake up the landscape of one of the biggest and most popular pay-per-views in WWE. Survivor Series has been the setting for many a classic WWE moment, and Paul Heyman’s extreme cult will storm into the Wachovia Center looking to replace WWE fans’ Survivor Series memories of Sharpshooters and Big Boots with tables, chairs and high-risk stunts.

They will have their work cut out for them, as Survivor Series 1997 is, even nine years later, one of the most talked about events in WWE history. That event is, of course, the infamous “Montreal Screwjob,” in which Bret Hart was cheated out of the WWE Championship when Mr. McMahon forced the timekeeper to “Ring the f***ing bell!”

The addition of ECW to the Survivor Series roster provides a wealth of excitement and unpredictability, but it will certainly not be the first big debut at the November pay-per-view. Kurt Angle, Undertaker and The Rock all got their first taste of WWE Superstardom at Survivor Series, and in 2002, WWE fans witnessed the type of carnage that the Extremists will hope to bring to Surivor Series with the unveiling of the Elimination Chamber.

Guest JN Silentbob
I think Vince McMahon has finally trained casual wrestling fans into thinking that all workers should look like bodybuilders. I still frequent a few mark boards and last night they were going on about Trevor Murcdoch and how fat and ugly he is and that he shouldn't be on TV let alone in main events.

Here's a few gems:

Murdoch needs to put clothes on. He should not be wrestling in trunks and no shirt. He is vile to look at.

The thing is that's his whole gimmick, being a fat disgusting redneck. So, basically, he's doing his job right.

Tommy Dreamer's new "Diary of Violence" on ECW's website claims that Trish Stratus was looking to break into ECW in 1999 but didn't know who to contact. She ran into Raven, who had just quit WCW and returned to ECW, at a comic book convention. Raven asked Stratus for pictures and told her that he would give them to Paul Heyman.

Dreamer said that this was when Raven was battling demons, so naturally Raven forgot all about Trish and her pictures. The WWF ended up winning the bidding war over WCW for Stratus' services, and she debuted with the company in March 2000.

Dreamer reminded everyone that, "I still hate Raven, nevermore."

==========

In his latest Most Extreme Player of the Week article, Joey Styles challenges Jim Ross' suggestion that there shouldn't be an Extreme Rules match every week for ECW on Sci-Fi. While Styles agrees with the idea that having every match Extreme Rules could face shelf life issues, he disagrees that there shouldn't be a weekly Extreme Rules match. He says considering the guests they get from Raw and Smackdown every week, if they took away the weekly Extreme Rules match, there wouldn't be anything to distinguish it from WWE anymore and might as well start calling it "WWE Tuesday Night RawDown!"

Styles also defiantly states that every ECW Title match should be held under Extreme Rules.

"If the ECW World Champion is not extreme enough to defend the championship under those conditions every time he steps into the ring, then that champion is not extreme enough to represent ECW and should wrestle for RAW or SmackDown."

I love it when Styles brings the truth.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com Newsletter

As reported earlier, WWE signed Henry O. Godwinn to a contract last week. This transaction is mildly controversial because several months back, Godwinn had a tryout match before an OVW taping and the reports on his ring work were terrible. Then again, he hadn't regularly wrestled in about eight years. John Laurinaitis decided against keeping him around in OVW and DSW, even though it was major WWE star's recommendation to use him. That star was Triple H.

Henry Godwinn and Triple H are good friends. Had it not been for Triple H, Godwinn probably wouldn't have gotten all these tryout matches in the first place, let alone a WWE contract. Godwinn's son passed away last year, he needed a job, and he missed wrestling - so after Triple H told all that to some WWE officials, Godwinn got a second chance to show his stuff.

Godwinn had three tryout matches two weeks ago, and the reports stated that he looked old and wrestled poorly in all three matches. Internally, some people believed that the Godwinn vs. Bull Buchanan match before the 9/5 Smackdown tapings was one of the worst dark matches in quite some time. Despite the lackluster reviews for Godwinn's in-ring work, Triple H managed to secure a job for him anyways. Godwinn will more than likely be a part of the Smackdown brand.

I was a big HOG mark back in the day, along with Tatanka, but really, WTF?

Guest JN Silentbob
nothing to do with anything, but house is the best show ever...

in Canada it's called "Hoose".

I have no problem with Godwin getting back in, if he's clean, didn't cause problems in the past and especially if he's in financial problems because of a tragedy. I don't think anybody needs to worry about him getting a world title, I don't mind the Kamala, Duggan stuff and don't mind this either.

They're ripping off the Metroid logo

hasn't it been that way for the past two years now since they created Taboo Tuesday? Either October or November gets two PPVs? It's like that in January so that's no surprise.

Here's a few gems:

Aw, but Murdoch is awesome. I mean.......yeah, physically he's not that attractive, but that's what's good about him. He's real. Besides, a lot of the bodybuilder guys in the WWE are gross. Ugh.

Booker T is starting to look more and more like Thulsa Doom.

That would be a good transition of the character.

Having two pay-per-views in a month is really hurtful, whether or not WWE would agree with me. Not only are they 40 bucks a pop, facing big competition from UFC, but people who used to order all of the ppvs are now getting into the routine of skipping them. And once they discover that it's not that bad to skip one, they will skip more and more of them. I predict that by this time next year, the buyrates will plummet again the way they did in 2001-2002.

I mean, I used to try to keep up to date with the ppvs by buying them on dvd with my Best Buy discount, and I don't even do that anymore. Once I skipped a No Way Out or a New Year's Revolution, I realized that I don't really need to own that crap. It's a shame that more video rental stores don't carry WWE though, because for four bucks, I'd probably at least rent most WWE shows.

I hadn't seen this before, so I figured for all the Test fans, wondering what he's been up to since him and Stacy have not been a couple.

The rumored relationship between Barbie "Kelly Kelly" Blank and Andrew "Test" Martin appears to be legit because Test now ranks number one on the top 24 list on Kelly's MySpace page whereas her now seemingly ex-boyfriend was placed several spots down - he was previously ranked number one on the list for a good while. Also, Kelly and Test were seen arriving together at the 9/11 ECW taping at Madison Square Garden. They're reportedly traveling companions when on the road in between shows. Credit: Rajah.com

I hadn't seen this before, so I figured for all the Test fans, wondering what he's been up to since him and Stacy have not been a couple.

The rumored relationship between Barbie "Kelly Kelly" Blank and Andrew "Test" Martin appears to be legit because Test now ranks number one on the top 24 list on Kelly's MySpace page whereas her now seemingly ex-boyfriend was placed several spots down - he was previously ranked number one on the list for a good while. Also, Kelly and Test were seen arriving together at the 9/11 ECW taping at Madison Square Garden. They're reportedly traveling companions when on the road in between shows. Credit: Rajah.com

I guess his face isn't the only thing that resembles a horse. Hope Test likes feces in his sink.

I was wondering how long it would be before Maria got her own pay-per-view poster.

That's Maria?! Yikes, she looks ten years older and like one of the women you'd see on any website about Las Vegas.

Spy report on Paul Heyman:

Yesterday he did the Ron and Fez show on XM Radio, after he left, he was seen at the Brooklyn Diner, where Katie Couric was eating lunch, and picked up her check.

A small summary about his interview

Excited about the new ECW, even though the fans aren't crazy about the inter-branding matches.

Likes Hulk Hogan

Thinks TNA would succeed if they found their niche, instead of Jarrett being the face of TNA.

It was a pretty good interview, Heyman was welcomed back

Thinks TNA would succeed if they found their niche, instead of Jarrett being the face of TNA.

boy, that Heyman sure does know more than we do about the industry...what insight!