TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Cross-posted to the Puro comments thread...

Puroresufan.com is reporting that WWE has this up on their site - I can't confirm, since their site seems to be down at the moment (for me at least):

New Japan meets with WWE

December 14, 2006

During his visit to the United States, President of New Japan Pro Wrestling Antonio Inoki stopped by WWE World Headquarters in Stamford, Conn. to meet with Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis.

During the brief, cordial meeting, both sides discussed possible business ventures in the future between WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling - the largest wrestling promotion in Japan.

Check back with WWE.com as more details on New Japan and WWE become available.

First off, they screwed up. It's Simon Inoki, not Antonio. Second, Christ I hope nothing comes from this.

RVD as a heel, no matter the promotion, will always end up getting cheered. It happened in ECW and it happened when he came into WWE.

Nothing will come of this meeting. Nothing ever comes of the other meetings they posted on WWE.com of this ilk (Brock Lesnar, Pride etc.) WWE probably just wants some video footage.

Alvarez on F4W:

In a correction, the Amy Zidian that was released yesterday was not the hot generic blonde teacher, but rather the hot generic blonde manager of Jimmy Wang Yang. The story is that she managed to piss off Layla, Krystal, Vickie Guerrero and Stephanie all within a three week period, the highlight being when Stephanie was trying to give her advice backstage in front of a number of people and Amy didn't know who Stephanie was.

Alvarez on F4W:

In a correction, the Amy Zidian that was released yesterday was not the hot generic blonde teacher, but rather the hot generic blonde manager of Jimmy Wang Yang. The story is that she managed to piss off Layla, Krystal, Vickie Guerrero and Stephanie all within a three week period, the highlight being when Stephanie was trying to give her advice backstage in front of a number of people and Amy didn't know who Stephanie was.

AAAAAAHAHAH

That's some funny shit.

How the fuck could you be that dumb?

I'd like to say "that's what you get for hiring people that don't know about wrestling" but DAMN. How could you not, running around in the company for even a WEEK, not know who Stephanie McMahon is?

They'll just chalk it up to her being dumb

Puroresufan.com is reporting that WWE has this up on their site - I can't confirm, since their site seems to be down at the moment (for me at least):

New Japan meets with WWE

December 14, 2006

During his visit to the United States, President of New Japan Pro Wrestling Antonio Inoki stopped by WWE World Headquarters in Stamford, Conn. to meet with Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis.

During the brief, cordial meeting, both sides discussed possible business ventures in the future between WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling - the largest wrestling promotion in Japan.

First off, they screwed up. It's Simon Inoki, not Antonio. Second, Christ I hope nothing comes from this.

Yeah it is on WWE.com. Not sure about the Antonio part, maybe that's his real name?

Alvarez on F4W:

*Than Ron Simmons walked into the room randomly....paused....looked around and yelled DAMN!*

That seriously deserves a Simmons "DAMN!"

well, I would imagine learning a thing or two is part of the training course...I mean Steph IS the boss' daughter and one of the main heads of the company, there really is no excuse for not knowing her.

New Japan meets with WWE

December 14, 2006

Yeah it is on WWE.com. Not sure about the Antonio part, maybe that's his real name?

Nope. Definitely an error. Simon's real last name isn't even Inoki. HE changed it when he married Antonio's daughter. Emasculated much?

"I am not on the sign police if one actually exists at WWE events. I think the WWE is pretty liberal with what they allow. I don’t think fans should be able to bring any sign they want. Profanity and obscene signs should not be seen on TV. Nor should signs promoting other wrestling organizations"

JR.

"I am not on the sign police if one actually exists at WWE events. I think the WWE is pretty liberal with what they allow. I don’t think fans should be able to bring any sign they want. Profanity and obscene signs should not be seen on TV. Nor should signs promoting other wrestling organizations"

JR.

The obscene ones, yes that I can see. But other wrestling organizations? Sorry JR, all your guys aren't home grown talent anymore. They started elsewhere.

PWInsider had a headline "New Year's Revolution Spoiler" but it quickly vanished. Considering how lame most of PWI's "spoiler" headlines are, one wonders how lame this one had to be that it was pulled within minutes. There's the chance it might be posted again, though.

WWE RELEASES DANNY DORING

World Wrestling Entertainment released Danny Doring today. Doring, the final ECW World Tag Team champion when the original company shut down, had appeared several times in enhancement roles for the company, but (much like Francine before him) hadn't been given much of a chance to do anything in the revitalized brand before the company cut him loose. It sure was really nice of the company to drop the guy ten days before Christmas, too.

With Paul Heyman gone and Tommy Dreamer out of the loop politically, I wouldn't be shocked to see more names from the original ECW company released. It's becoming more obvious, in my opinion, that now that ECW has been established as a "WWE brand", names that were signed on to give the ECW re-launch "old school" credibility have little use for World Wrestling Entertainment and as we've seen with Doring and Francine, will be discarded without even being given much of a fighting chance to truly prove themselves to WWE management.

4 times, I believe, but yeah - not very often. He was in the "Weapons Battle Royal" from the first show, jobbed to Knox on June 27th, jobbed to RVD sometime in August, and jobbed to Punk in October.

What did she answer? That my husband died and since VKM and Co. feel guilty they gave me a job where I get he heel on my husbands legacy, but I have little choice but to do it because I need the money since my husband was the provider in our family? I wonder if there was chance of a lawsuit possibility and VKM hired her in CYA mode.

What did she answer? That my husband died and since VKM and Co. feel guilty they gave me a job where I get he heel on my husbands legacy, but I have little choice but to do it because I need the money since my husband was the provider in our family? I wonder if there was chance of a lawsuit possibility and VKM hired her in CYA mode.

Considering she'd been basically called a fat ass, I imagine she was too offended to dignify Zidiane with a response.

It's a shame Amy wasn't this interesting on screen is all I can say.

There was no chance of a lawsuit. Eddy was by all accounts clean, and it was just his heart giving up because of the years of abuse it had suffered. If anything, Vince added time to his life by sending him to rehab and doing whatever he could to get Eddy out of the gutter. It was just a tragic "bound to happen sometime" moment.

Eddy was just poor with saving money, and it left his family hurting after he passed. He spent what he made, and they were in trouble because of it. Vince shouldn't be obligated to just HAND the family money, because who knows who would come out of the woodwork screaming for equal treatment (regardless of whether or not anyone else would actually DESERVE something from Vince). Is making Vickie still have to think about and deal with Eddy's death on national television fair, not at all, but it's giving her and the rest of her family a steady paycheck, and that's something she could use.

Well.......when ever I see Vickie Guerrero I wonder why someone in her shape wears white pants which make her ass look huge......so I can see why Amy would think something like that.

I find it funny she got fired for this, if the WWE wants to hire more model types which appears to be the case they better get ready for stuff like this and just let it slide till they've been around for awhile. Expecting someone who's new to the business and doesn't know about it to act like someone who's been in it for years is a really bad approach. Either sign people with experience that know better or you are going to have to be lax for awhile....

Well.......when ever I see Vickie Guerrero I wonder why someone in her shape wears white pants which make her ass look huge......so I can see why Amy would think something like that.

She might think that but why would she actually come out and say it? I understand there can be misunderstandings (like not knowing who stephanie was) but to ask anyone that is just plain rude.