TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Following on from our story earlier today regarding World Wrestling Entertainment’s quarterly financial results (click here if you’re yet to read it), buyrate information for several WWE Pay-Per-Views from the past few months was given at a conference call chaired by WWE CEO Linda McMahon and Chief Financial Officer Michael Sileck.

August’s Summerslam PPV was listed at doing 528,000 buys, with September’s RAW brand Unforgiven PPV doing 290,000 buys. Those figures aren’t bad at all. However, October’s Smackdown brand No Mercy PPV came in at just 195,000 buys, which is one of the lowest WWE PPV buyrates in several years, and will have raised eyebrows internally.

Wrestlemag

About one third of PPV buys come from overseas, so the domestic buys for those three PPV's were around 350,000, 200,000 and 130,000.

And next week's Raw main event will be Triple H vs. Edge.

Somewhat interesting tidbit if Obsessed With Wrestling's wrestler profile's are accurate - Shawn Michaels hasn't wrestled a singles match since July 31st, when he lost to Umaga.

Somewhat interesting tidbit if Obsessed With Wrestling's wrestler profile's are accurate - Shawn Michaels hasn't wrestled a singles match since July 31st, when he lost to Umaga.

WOW.

Can that be right? I thought I remembered him wrestling a match since then.

Except Punk was using the Vice for years, well before WWE wanted him to be MMA.

Why doesn't he just say he stole it from Tenzan? I mean, he didn't even change the name of it. I dug the rest of the article though.

While Big Show hopes to recover and refresh himself, he discussed his possible involvement in a future WWE Films release.

“I want to reinvent myself if possible, and find out who Big Show really is,” he admitted. “I’d like to do a WWE movie – a comedy – because I have a pretty good sense of comedic timing. I’m a pretty humble, lovable, funny, easy-going guy with a short fuse. Then again, like Chris Rock said, nobody wants to laugh at a big guy who could beat your ass.”

My Giant 2!

I didn't realize that, but it doesn't surprise me either because I think I remember seeing he was injured and needing some time off before then. Isn't he working hurt?

Guys, The Big Show has officially retired from professional wrestling.

It's all on WWE.com!

Just looking at his "career in photos" section, and damn I forgot that he actually used to be in pretty good shape at one point...

showfoley.jpg

showslamrock.jpg

showshane.jpg

What happened to that Tat on his calf? Does he still have it?

It has been said that he is incredibly lazy with his workout habits/eating regime, though the road could really add to those issues.

Who does the WWE push now as it's resident bigman? Khali can't wrestle worth a lick. Maybe they make a push to bring back Matt Morgan or push Viscera out of nowhere. There was something brewing with Viscera on Raw, with them making all of the fat remarks, also Charlie Haas has seemingly moved on from being his tag partner.

Matt Morgan must have slept with Linda McMahon or something...

What happened to that Tat on his calf? Does he still have it?

It has been said that he is incredibly lazy with his workout habits/eating regime, though the road could really add to those issues.

Who does the WWE push now as it's resident bigman? Khali can't wrestle worth a lick. Maybe they make a push to bring back Matt Morgan or push Viscera out of nowhere. There was something brewing with Viscera on Raw, with them making all of the fat remarks, also Charlie Haas has seemingly moved on from being his tag partner.

Matt Morgan must have slept with Linda McMahon or something...

Matt Morgan had the audacity to learn how to cut a good promo.

Show himself has admitted that he lives on junk food and never works out. For people to say that nagging injuries have left him in the shape he's in is just stupid. He had a world of potential as a legit giant and he was just too lazy to try.

Show himself has admitted that he lives on junk food and never works out. For people to say that nagging injuries have left him in the shape he's in is just stupid. He had a world of potential as a legit giant and he was just too lazy to try.

I guess you don't get that it's fairly hard to work out with constant nagging injuries especially considering his condition and size. "potential legit giant"?, he IS a giant. Being a legitimate giant isn't like being a really tall guy. Shaq is tall but TBS has gigantism.

It's a couple months away, but is anyone going to No Way Out in Los Angeles on February 18th? Tickets went on sale October 16th, so I was surprised to see a fuck ton of good seats still available. I'm strongly considering attending, since the only PPV event I've gone to was WrestleMania 21.

It's a couple months away, but is anyone going to No Way Out in Los Angeles on February 18th? Tickets went on sale October 16th, so I was surprised to see a fuck ton of good seats still available. I'm strongly considering attending, since the only PPV event I've gone to was WrestleMania 21.

It's a Smackdown PPV, so just remember that before deciding on whether to go. Unless they shake things up, you're likely to get a rematch of something they'll have run on Smackdown in the previous month, or maybe Batista vs. Booker Part 496.

I guess if they really do go with Batista vs. Undertaker at WM, and Batista is ending the streak, then you might see them do a non-title match to set up the WM match. I'd wait until closer to the PPV so you have an idea of what you'll see. You won't have to worry about the PPV selling out.

Smackdown is generally a better card then you'll get with Raw PPV's and even the co-brand shows.

With it being a month before, don't discount some cross-promotional stuff.

Smackdown is generally a better card then you'll get with Raw PPV's and even the co-brand shows.

Think we'll see more of Cena headlining the Smackdown PPV's? If he helps with Armageddon, he'll be back for sure.

Think we'll see more of Cena headlining the Smackdown PPV's? If he helps with Armageddon, he'll be back for sure.

Sure, especially since I am more confident in Vince pulling the trigger on Cena/Batista by the day. 'Taker/Batista would be great for the Rumble and Batista can take a victory there and get the same effect as he would for ending the streak.

I don't see the titles being on the line as it's not neccesary. At some point after NYR and probably NWO, Cena will drop the title to Orton/Edge (which ever HHH perfers to work with for Mania, hopefully Edge) and most likely, in typical WWE fashion, Cena will cost Batista the title at that show.

Big Show's bad back was probably caused by his ever expanding gut, which caused him to move even less, which caused him to put on more weight, which caused more issues with his back.

Either the time away will allow Big Show to get healthy or he'll come back looking like Yokozuna...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Punk saying that HBK superkicked Jannetty through the window. It's like everyone's mind just says "why would he throw him?"

If memory serves me right...They Hugged..The Rockers music played....Shawn Superkicked Marty then Threw him through the glass...

Sure, especially since I am more confident in Vince pulling the trigger on Cena/Batista by the day. 'Taker/Batista would be great for the Rumble and Batista can take a victory there and get the same effect as he would for ending the streak.

I don't see the titles being on the line as it's not neccesary. At some point after NYR and probably NWO, Cena will drop the title to Orton/Edge (which ever HHH perfers to work with for Mania, hopefully Edge) and most likely, in typical WWE fashion, Cena will cost Batista the title at that show.

Assuming you're correct, who would be in the title match for SD? Taker I can see, but their list of other Wrestlemania candidates is limited to Booker, Benoit, Kennedy, and an outside chance of Finlay or bringing over someone from Raw.

Or given that they'll have Cena/Batista and some combination of Orton/Edge/HHH, will it not matter who's fighting for the WHC?

Assuming you're correct, who would be in the title match for SD? Taker I can see, but their list of other Wrestlemania candidates is limited to Booker, Benoit, Kennedy, and an outside chance of Finlay or brining over someone from Raw.

Or given that they'll have Cena/Batista and some combination of Orton/Edge/HHH, will it not matter who's fighting for the WHC?

The beautiful thing about SD not mattering to WWE, they can take a risk. It's possible they might take the leftover of the RKO side and send them over to SD and work 'Taker or Benoit.

I would just do Orton/Benoit since it'd be the #4 at best anyways behind the Edge/HHH, Batista/Cena, Taker/whoever(Umaga at this point) and possibly the ecw title.

- ECW is being bumped to Saturday in the US next week, airing at 8:00 PM PST/EST. It'll return to its normal timeslot the week after. It appears it'll be staying in its normal slot in Canada, so we'll get plenty of reports before it ever airs on TV here.

F4W

I may make the trip from Orange County, depending on how settled in I am.

Anyone check out the latest Cole Report from Iraq on wwe.com? JBL beats on Cole while Taker and Vince sit by and laugh and laugh. Even Vince got a few shots in on Cole. Is he still going through initiation?