TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

--Mistico will be getting a WWE tryout during the California swing over the next two weeks. I'm not sure of the date or dates but it is happening soon, and with TV in Bakersfield and San Diego, it could be this week. Talk about a guy who will come in with five strikes against him:

1) Size

2) Mask

3) Style

4) He's a huge draw somewhere else so they have to prove he can't make it in the big time (maybe they can put a wig on him)

5) Wrestler of the Year winner from a foreign country

Do you want Mistico to do well, get signed and make more money, or hope he fails so doesn't get abused by WWE?

If the wwe is looking to add Mexican wrestlers to cater to the large Hispanic SD! audience, why would they bring him in to job him out?

--Mistico will be getting a WWE tryout during the California swing over the next two weeks. I'm not sure of the date or dates but it is happening soon, and with TV in Bakersfield and San Diego, it could be this week. Talk about a guy who will come in with five strikes against him:

1) Size

2) Mask

3) Style

4) He's a huge draw somewhere else so they have to prove he can't make it in the big time (maybe they can put a wig on him)

Do you want Mistico to do well, get signed and make more money, or hope he fails so doesn't get abused by WWE?

....why would they bring him in to job him out?

That was a rhetorical question, right?

1) Size

2) Mask

3) Style

If he can make more money by all means I hope he's signed. The Lucha style isn't good for longevity, especially when working that way constantly, just look at Mysterios knees these days. WWE would give him a break from working that way all the time and if he makes more money it's basically a win win for him as a wrestler.

so uh USA reran Raw @ 11pm then AM RAW right after it without a bit of warning. Which sucks for people like myself who missed parts of it Thursday and was hoping to catch AM Raw @ it's usual 2am slot.

I don't know much about Mistico, but if he's as good as everyone says, he could add something to Smackdown. WWE could bring him in as Rey Misterio's partner, at least at first.

I dont know if this was discussed here, but does anyone else think, the reason the ladder match was pulled from the show tonight, was because they wanted to save it for Mania.

Of course if D&D win the titles tonight, thats pretty much out the door.

I dont know if this was discussed here, but does anyone else think, the reason the ladder match was pulled from the show tonight, was because they wanted to save it for Mania.

Of course if D&D win the titles tonight, thats pretty much out the door.

There should be a Money in the Bank match at Mania. It's annual now.

NoDQ.com:

Torrie Wilson was signing autographs at a recent car show. When she was done, she started walking to a guy, gave him a hug, and left the building with him. That person is former Spirit Squad member Mitch (real name Nick Mitchell). Mitch is currently the only former member of the Spirit Squad not to be assigned to any roster, including developmental.

Also, Torrie noted on her MySpace "I HAD A GREAT VALENTINES DAY, DID YOU? A SWEET BOY DID EVERYTHING FOR ME THAT I COULD EVER ASK FOR AND MORE....CAN'T BELIEVE SOMETIMES THAT I COULD EVER BE TREATED SO NICE!".

She also talked about moving out of her Tampa residence (which was once featured on MTV Cribs), Ashley's Playboy spread, and more.

---------------------------

Zuh?

Guest Montresor
Also, Torrie noted on her MySpace "I HAD A GREAT VALENTINES DAY, DID YOU? A SWEET BOY DID EVERYTHING FOR ME THAT I COULD EVER ASK FOR AND MORE....CAN'T BELIEVE SOMETIMES THAT I COULD EVER BE TREATED SO NICE!"

This is a 32-year-old woman.

Guest ian02840

I just read up on Giant Bernard aka A-Train/Prince Albert/Baldo...i read how he is one of a select few foreign wrestlers to win a NJPW honor by winning the cup. Does anyone here think WWE missed the mark with A Train...i sure do. He can wrestle a heckuva lot better than Cena, Batista, probably not far below Lashley...i wish WWE would bring him back, especially since his transformation into the Giant Bernard. The tiger tattoos give him the element hes always been missing, intimidation. Before he was just a big hairy bear. Now, he has that Bam Bam esque calling card with his tats. WWE...BRING BACK A TRAIN!

I absolutely do think they botched Prince Albert. First of all he debuts as Droz' tatooist/piercist and is named after a penis piercing. Then in order to have the funny T & A monicker he's called "Albert" what the hell kind of ringname is that? A-Train was a huge improvement, but by then it was basically too late and he was nothing more than a hairy back to the fans.

I think I read somewhere that he actually turned down the opportunity to go back to the wwe.

One of many couldabeens of the Invasion-era. He had an impressive push going and gave X-Factora bit of legitamacy but then was lost in the shuffle of post Invasion...didn't he get teamed with Scotty2Hotty at some point?

One of many couldabeens of the Invasion-era. He had an impressive push going and gave X-Factora bit of legitamacy but then was lost in the shuffle of post Invasion...didn't he get teamed with Scotty2Hotty at some point?

Yeah. Became "Phat Albert".

After he turned on Scotty, he lost the shirt and caused nightmares for all who watched him.

...I always thought they could have had him come in as George Steele Jr. But that's just me.

After he turned on Scotty, he lost the shirt and caused nightmares for all who watched him.

...I always thought they could have had him come in as George Steele Jr. But that's just me.

I dont think they called him "Phat Albert"..but I know they called him the Hip Hop Hippo.

The guy should've been booked as a monster (like NJPW does) and instead they booked him as just another big guy. Not surprisingly I didn't even realize the guy was a good worker until I saw the stuff he was doing in NJ, and AJPW before that.

Albert/A-Train/Giant Bernard is a lot like Scott Norton. He's a guy you see how he's booked and how he works in the US and you forgot about him right now, thinking "just another hoss." Then you see either Japanese work and it's mind blowing. Bernard was awesome in All Japan with Voodoo Murders (Brother YASHI, a tiny guy, talks shit and plays the small chicken shit heel with Bernard as his monster back-up. Combine that with uber-heel TARU and a surprisingly solid Chuck Palumbo and you've got a bad ass stable). In NJPW he's obviously in for big things at some point, winning last year's NJ Cup.

Personally I hope WWE never touch him again, because he'd go back to being utterly wasted.

WWE.com reports Edge vs. RVD on Raw in a Money in the Bank qualifier...

“Bank” qualifiers apply

With WrestleMania 23 looming, it’s time to get a championship contract in place—specifically, inside a briefcase latched over the ring within Detroit’s Ford Field. The first round of “Money in the Bank” Qualifying Matches begins in Bakersfield tonight, with Edge squaring off against ECW’s Rob Van Dam. Since the Rated-R Superstar and the ECW Original were the respective “Bank” winners of the past two WrestleManias, this encounter ensures that one will not earn a bid into the match at the granddaddy of them all. Who will be the first to cash out?

I dont think they called him "Phat Albert"..but I know they called him the Hip Hop Hippo.

Lawler called him "Phat Albert" at Royal Rumble 2002.

Giant Bernard is supposed to be intensely loyal to NJPW. From what I've heard, he's in the Steve Williams/Stan Hansen mindset that they really have given him a chance, and a home, and won't leave them. He's supposed to be like they were back during their primes (Williams would skip NWA shows for AJPW, and Hansen actually hijacked the AWA World title for Baba). You really can't blame him after how WWE used him for years, and TNA not bringing him in. Tomko's been getting booked alot in NJPW as well, and could have that mindset too as NJPW brought him in before TNA did.

If I remember right, Bernard has gotten rid of the hair, and has some new tattoos that increase his intimidation factor. Couple that with his yelling/screaming everytime he hits a big move, and he's a perfect old school killer gaijin in Japan. The fans respect him, and he's probably sitting pretty for the rest of his career over there. if NJPW were to ever let him go, AJPW and possibly NOAH would snap him up just for his name value.

I'd be really surprised if Bernard ever works a major NA fed again. He's considered on an even level as NJPW's top guys...Why the hell go back to jobbing in the midcard?

I think Bernard (I refuse to call him "Albert" or A-Train. He's Giant freaking Bernard, killer of men) got unfairly lumped in with the big slugs WWE were bringing in. Bernard showed off good agility, and could out muscle just about everyone on the roster. The fans were never given a REASON to like, or hate him though. If WWE applied the same push NJPW & AJPW use (Used in AJPW's case) with him being an unstoppable wrecking ball, he'd have worked out. Bernard was one of the biggest WWE wrestlers, and it really doesn't take much to put over how strong someone is. They just didn't TRY, and thought just because he was big, and somewhat ugly, he should be automatically over.

In the end, Bernard's gotten the best out of it though. He's the Vader of the 2000's now. He KILLS PEOPLE DEAD. He's lost the odd singles match, but he's never lost in dominate fashion, and just keeps coming for the opponents. Simple booking really. The only blemish for him is the Brock match, and NJPW wishes they could re-do that and put the IWGP title on Bernard. He'll get it soon enough though.