TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Triple H often gets in Vince's ear by telling him why should they do anything with Mick Foley?

Boy, that Triple H sure is grateful to the guy that totally killed himself in the name of getting HHH over when it was looking like he was going to be a total dud main-eventer.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR - WWE Classic Superstars 14

normal_93016_Ultimate_Warrior.jpg

Is it just me, or does that look more like Sable on extra roids with facepaint?

He looks a little too thin, but I guess they were going for the post-championship reign Warrior look there.

To me it looks like they re-tooled a mould for a Christian figure, the face reminded me of our esteemed NWA champ more than Jim Hellwig the first time I saw it.

Triple H often gets in Vince's ear by telling him why should they do anything with Mick Foley?

Boy, that Triple H sure is grateful to the guy that totally killed himself in the name of getting HHH over when it was looking like he was going to be a total dud main-eventer.

Most people on this board ask the same thing everytime Foley returns. But when HHH says it..

Yeah, really. I doubt it's ingratitude, it's more of a "this guy's supposed to be retired, why bring him back" thing. Since the last time one of these returns produced something that really got over was in 2004, he's got a point.

Most people on this board ask the same thing everytime Foley returns. But when HHH says it..

Mick Foley didn't go out of his way to make our fucking careers either..........Triple H is one of the last people on earth that should ever question or have a negative thing to say about Mick Foley......without Foley he'd just be another piece of shit failed maineventer.

I thought his match with Edge was the best match of WM22.
i completely agree.

A good match doesn't make up for the rest of his 2006. This is WWE, match quality isn't the only thing that matters. The smark-friendly Flair storyline simply confused the hell out of the average fan, as did the heel turn that followed the Wrestlemania match with Edge.

I think almost everyone's forgotten his program with Carlito back in 2005 (where Carlito was the one who did the job to a retired wrestler!) as well.

To be honest, I didn't really like the Flair angle, I don't remember the Carlito one, and Foley says himself in his book how messed up the ONS angle got compared to the one in his head.

But the flaming table spot, plus seeing Edge shaking in fear shock and pain after beating Foley, was a definitive moment that changed my view on Edge, and probably helped his career significantly, similar to how Foley has done it with Orton and HHH.

I thought his match with Edge was the best match of WM22.
i completely agree.

A good match doesn't make up for the rest of his 2006. This is WWE, match quality isn't the only thing that matters. The smark-friendly Flair storyline simply confused the hell out of the average fan, as did the heel turn that followed the Wrestlemania match with Edge.

I think almost everyone's forgotten his program with Carlito back in 2005 (where Carlito was the one who did the job to a retired wrestler!) as well.

I enjoyed Foley's heel run in 2006. Even though it was horribly handled in his eyes, the team with Edge and feud with Funk and Dreamer produced some really good TV.

I could've done without the inclusion of Melina, but the Flair feud was really good too.

I don't see how the heel turn "confused" the fans, when he got over as a heel.

And the Carlito program sucked, but I think that was WWE's fault for rushing it

People booed him.

Even though I liked the Funk/Dreamer v. Foley/Edge feud it really is frustrating reading Hardcore Diaries and seeing how it could've been that much more awesome.

Funk biting Vince's ass to close the club, as proposed in the book, would've been hilarious.

I was also shocked that Foley apparently hated his promo from the Wednesday WWE/ECW show before ONS II. I thought it was great.

From a Raw house show report at WO.com:

Match 9- John Cena v Umaga with Armando

Without a doubt, Roanoke is Cena country. EVERYONE came to see John Cena, and they let him know. He picked up the win by dq when Armando interfered. He beat down Armando, and hit an FU on Umaga. Great Khali came back out to...basically stand there and then leave a short time afterwards. Cena cut a promo on him, saying he'd kick his ass at Judgment Day.

Not that it would surprise people, but it seems all but confirmed what the Raw JD main event will be.

Khali has like the best counter to the FU... just start throwing those huge fuckin' bows.

I'm kind of surprised that they let Cena pick him up that quickly and didn't build to it more.

no shit!

Khali has like the best counter to the FU... just start throwing those huge fuckin' bows.

I'm kind of surprised that they let Cena pick him up that quickly and didn't build to it more.

No kidding. When Cena was feuding with Umaga, he could *barely* lift Umaga up for the FU. But, he hoisted the much larger and heavier Khali up with no problem.

They did all their moves on him.

Obviously. "Running a train" on someone is a sexual reference which usually involves a group of men having sex with one woman or man.

Khali as the champ? cripes...

lemme guess...the man to eventually beat him for the title is........Triple H!

Im guessing a DQ finish so that Cena retains.

I found this on Lords of Pain via The Wrestling Observer:

Say goodbye to the days of “slutty” WWE Divas, at least for now.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has adopted a new policy to present its female performers in a classier light.

While the Divas’ sex appeal will not be completely downplayed, the company will present women in a more professional light. An image consultant was hired to advise the women on how to “look classy and not come across as slutty on television,” the Observer said.

In addition to hiring new stylists, WWE provided the women with less revealing outfits.

The new policy is likely part of a plan to appeal to mainstream advertisers.