TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

I have Super Mario Galaxy just about beat....not 100% accomplished, but beaten with Mario. I plan on trading it in towards Mario Kart wii. Right now Mario Galaxy is worth $30 and I have a $5 extra coupon that works with any wii game traded in towards Mario Kart.

Lets all try and guess what the big Holiday game release will be..?

Kingdom Hearts 3? Has it been confirmed yet? I remember reading over a year ago that it would eventually be coming out, and on the Wii.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/driving/mariok...lyadded;title;1

Mario Kart Wii peels out April 27

Nintendo preempting GTAIV by shipping next installment in popular racer two days earlier.

By Tom Magrino, GameSpot

Posted Mar 12, 2008 12:57 pm PT

After Rockstar Games announced it was unleashing the retail behemoth that is Grand Theft Auto IV on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on April 29, most publishers have abandoned the surrounding week outright. Nintendo, however, is known for doing things a little bit differently. Today, the Wii maker revealed plans to take on Rockstar's goliath head-on with its own diminutive champion: Mario. The publisher will release the far more family-friendly Mario Kart Wii on Sunday, April 27, two days before GTAIV pulls out of the garage.

Unveiled during the 2007 E3 Media and Business Summit, Mario Kart Wii will build upon some of the more well-received features of 2005's Mario Kart DS. Twelve-player online racing takes top priority for most, and Mario Kart for the Wii will also let two players from the same console battle it out online together. The game will feature 32 courses total, with 16 being specially created for the Wii version and the remainder being updated courses seen in previous installments in the series.

Karters will be able to take to the track as more than a dozen Mushroom Kingdom denizens, as well as digital representations of themselves--or Oprah--via the game's Mii integration. As with other installments in the series, the game will include a variety of modes not devoted to competitive racing, including 10 different battle arenas. Mario Kart Wii will also be receiving its very own channel on the Wii Menu, which will allow gamers quick access to tournaments, worldwide leaderboards, and ghost data.

As previously noted, Nintendo will be offering a range of control schemes with Mario Kart Wii, and will also be packing in the Wii Remote encasement dubbed the Wii Wheel with the game. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

Lets all try and guess what the big Holiday game release will be..?

Kingdom Hearts 3? Has it been confirmed yet? I remember reading over a year ago that it would eventually be coming out, and on the Wii.

Unsubstantiated rumor; Nomura announced "multiple Kingdom Hearts projects" which included DS, PSP, and and mobile spinoffs/prequels, and no Wii or PS3 title has been hinted at even. KH2 wrapped up the series' loose ends pretty tightly.

Plus, the Kingdom Hearts team and Nomura's big project this year is going to be Final Fantasy XIII vs. on PS3. I wouldn't rule out KH3 coming at some point (especially with the rechristened "Crystal Tools" being planned use on Wii: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/finalfantasy.html). However, it appears very unlikely until at least '09, unless it's being ninja developed. Square's Wii input will surely be increasing, but PS3 not being dominate left them with some egg on their faces and a lot of time and money invested in games designed for the PS3 exclusively.

The Wii 3rd party bomba boogeyman/myth/self-fulfilling prophecy may cause them to drag their asses a bit, though. However, they'll go for a sure thing, no doubt. Right now, the DS is the sure thing and that'll get lots o' love first. However, Square games are about the only 3rd party PSP titles that Japan buys up in massive amounts.

Any word on how many people can play Battle online together?

Apparently, Wikipedia says:

This will feature online racing and battle modes, both of which are capable of up to 12 simultaneous players.

Whether that's true or not (12 people in Battle), I guess we'll see. If it is, that'll be awesome.

Yeah I also like the fact that Mario Kart will have it's own wii channel. Hopefully it will make setting up races between friends online easier.

Has demand in Wii's fallen lately? I've been following the market on Ebay, and just a month or two ago, Wii's were routinely selling for around 400 dollars. Now, their selling for anywhere between 250 and 300.

Did a massive shipment or something reduce the demand in them, or is it just the season? At 250 on Ebay, it's within my price range so I'm not going to complain.

They are still continually out of stock at my Best Buy and I still get endless requests for them.

Last week, we sold 35 of them in under an hour.

I actually saw three at Target a few days ago, which was the first time I'd seen them there in months (which was the first time I'd ever seen them in stores). As for the next big game, we can't rule out the next-gen Kid Icarus. I've been hoping it would be some kind of adventure/RTS hybrid after playing it on the Virtual Console. Something Zelda-esque with dungeons you clear as Pit, rescuing soldiers along the way. Then, since Pit commands the army, you send them out to fight bigger battles against monster armies (or maybe just some Colossus's, since I remember hearing Miyamoto being intrigued by SotC).

Has demand in Wii's fallen lately? I've been following the market on Ebay, and just a month or two ago, Wii's were routinely selling for around 400 dollars. Now, their selling for anywhere between 250 and 300.

Did a massive shipment or something reduce the demand in them, or is it just the season? At 250 on Ebay, it's within my price range so I'm not going to complain.

Wait until Xmas rolls around.

Kotaku.com is reporting that Fantasy Zone and Wonderboy will be the first Master System titles to come to the US Virtual Console, and will cost 400 Wii Points. This adds yet another new system to the U.S. Virtual Console for Nintendo to publish the most well-known, successful titles from, then complacently forget about. Except for crappy titles that no one wants to buy anyway (see: China Warrior).

I'm still wondering when the hell we're going to get the NES Pro Wrestling.. for crying out loud that should've been one of the first VC games out over here! =\

From Escaptistmagazine:

Nintendo's online store for the Wii, WiiWare, has debuted on consoles in Japan. Initial reports showed the Nintendo servers buckling under the weight of millions of gamers accessing the service, causing load times to reach ten minutes or causing timeout errors.

The launch list features (each title is listed by its cost in Wii Points):

Dr. Mario and Bacteria Extermination- 1000 Wii Points

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King- 1500 Wii Points

LONPOS- 1000 Wii Points

Mojipittan- 1000 Wii Points

Okiraku Ping Pong Wii- 500 Wii Points

Everyone's Pokémon Ranch- 1000 Wii Points

Saku Saku Animal Panic- 1000 Wii Points

Star Soldier R- 800 Wii Points

Tenshi no Solitaire-500 Wii Points

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King and Mojipittan are WiiWare's first Pay-to-Play games, with additional costs for "data and service", according to the warning posted prior to downloading each title.

This is something I am looking forward to!

In other news, has anyone played/got Sega Superstars Tennis? As a huge Sega-boy and a massive Virtua Tennis fan I'm really impressed with the game so far. And what suprised me the most, was the *shock* using the Wiimote is the best way to play the game! It might just be me, but the game felt pretty unresponsive with the classic controller.

So far, I've unlocked Amy, Pudding and all of the Space Channel 5 tunes.

So has anyone played No More Heroes?

I read a bunch of positive reviews for it and was pretty excited and then I read Game Informer trashing on it. Then again GI seems to hate anything on the Wii. Maybe that's it.

I read a bunch of positive reviews for it and was pretty excited and then I read Game Informer trashing on it. Then again GI seems to hate anything on the Wii. Maybe that's it.

I like it so far. The open-world isn't as bad as some have made it out to be.

Yeah, I don't think the world map is so bad at all. Sure you can't go around slashing pedestrians and jacking other vehicles, but that's not what this game is about anyway.

I'm gonna get an American copy. I hear they added more stuff to the US version? Is this true?

Also some Commodore 64 games came out on the European VC release today (International Karate & Uridium) as well as well as Cruis'n USA on the N64. My friend was completely stoaked for International Karate (apparently a huge fan of the Amiga version of the game). are C64 games even coming to the US VC? Apparently the VC logo was showing the C64 logo earlier in the day too. Could be a type of glitch on the Wii showing what will be released later.

Oh, and the Wii really needs to come up with a type of extra memory for the wii. Even if they started putting more memory in future wii's. I'm sure the price for whatever type of memory they are using has dropped.

I played it for the first time last night and I'm really liking it so far. I've only killed No.10 and done my first job but it's pretty cool.

I actually saw three at Target a few days ago, which was the first time I'd seen them there in months (which was the first time I'd ever seen them in stores). As for the next big game, we can't rule out the next-gen Kid Icarus. I've been hoping it would be some kind of adventure/RTS hybrid after playing it on the Virtual Console. Something Zelda-esque with dungeons you clear as Pit, rescuing soldiers along the way. Then, since Pit commands the army, you send them out to fight bigger battles against monster armies (or maybe just some Colossus's, since I remember hearing Miyamoto being intrigued by SotC).

I was thinking for a new Kid Icarus game...something that's like a mix of Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus, and the God of War series.

Add a chain to the blades that Pit has in Brawl and you pretty much have Kid Kratos.

Alien Crush 2: I assume that's WiiWare, right? It'd be hard to top Devil's Crush. Metroid Prime Pinball didn't grab me, for instance.

I was thinking for a new Kid Icarus game...something that's like a mix of Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus, and the God of War series.

God of War II actually fits that description, in a lot of ways. The amount of combat was scaled down and the puzzle-solving boosted a bit. There's more use of grappling/swinging play mechanics than in GoW1. Heck, you even have wings you wrest from an insane Icarus that are used for a few flying sequences, and when they aren't, they're used for gliding to complete difficult (or otherwise impossible) jumps. Plus the first boss battle is against the Colossus of Rhodes, although most of your climbing is the inside of it.

Also, I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate God of War 1, but GoW2 is terrific.

I'm gonna get an American copy. I hear they added more stuff to the US version? Is this true?

The North American version of NMH is defintiely more graphic, that's one plus to getting it.

The lack of blood is a negative to NMH (UK) but after a while you don't notice it.

Well from what I hear it wasn't in the Japanese version either, they added it for the US version. It's not a huge deal for me but it will probably work out cheaper for me to get it in the states. With Mario Kart (and Okami) out in 2 weeks I might just leave it for the time being. Sorry SUDA51 :(

Guest Smues

I read somewhere yesterday that Virtual Boy games were 'confirmed by Nintendo' for the VC. I'm 100% sure it was just some early April Fools lameness, but if they could put a few of those on the VC I'd certainly waste my money on them. I don't know how well they'd work in 2-D, but I'd be interested enough to try. Virtual Mario tennis is awesome stuff, and I enjoyed the pinball game surprisingly alot. I need to lug my virtual boys up north to Anchorage so I can kill my eyesight faster.

Guest ToughestManAlive

Is the Wii ever coming out with a Fire Pro wrestling game? Does anyone know?