TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

When I bought Mario Galaxy (a hold out from not having rechargeable batteries handy since my charger broke) and a Wiimote charger (that solves that problem!) from a US GameStop over the weekend they were pretty insistent I pre-order Brawl and Kart as they were both due out soon and they "already have 450 pre-orders for Smash Brothers". I said I bet a lot of those were from people wanting the game back in November and he just kind of agreed with me. I guess my point was they do have a Mario Kart standee and are asking people to pre-order it, but yeah, I'm not counting on it coming out so soon.

I promise you, if you go to Best Buy the day the games come out, you'll get it. I don't think my store has sold out of a big new release video game on the first day since Gears of War.

Yeah, lately I like getting games from big box stores since they don't do in-store pre-ordering. I used to always pre-order from EB (and still might since they opened one close to home).

When dealing with Gamestop, you've gotta keep in mind that they would probably take a preorder for a new Legend of Zelda game they made up and tell you it'll come out on December 31 if it got them another preorder.

Also, as I discovered at work last night, Best Buy is actually taking preorders on Smash Bros. You have to ask a salesman in the department or find it on the shelf though, the cashiers won't be hounding you for them.

When dealing with Gamestop, you've gotta keep in mind that they would probably take a preorder for a new Legend of Zelda game they made up and tell you it'll come out on December 31 if it got them another preorder.

They need an actual sku number to take a preorder....

Soul Calibur 3 Xbox did exist on their site shortly, then it was pulled.

Two things that I'm hoping for with the new Mario Kart:

1)R.O.B. makes a return as a playable character, like he was in DS.

2)They FINALLY bring back Captain Syrup (the main villainess from "Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3" and "Wario Land II") as a playable character.

Oh, and Peach looks hot in the biker gear.

Nintendo is going to start charging for certain online features via a service conveniently enough called Pay and Play which will have a logo on boxes similar to the Wi-Fi logo on games for online compatibility.

So, does that mean barebones service will continue to be free and that additions like, I dunno, voice chat will cost more?

I wouldn't mind if that's the case since I only play for the barebones anyway.

Yeah, is this pay for play service just going to be stuff like "download new levels" etc like they have on the other consoles? Personally I think i'll stick with barebones unless something really catches my eye.

Nintendo is going to start charging for certain online features via a service conveniently enough called Pay and Play which will have a logo on boxes similar to the Wi-Fi logo on games for online compatibility.

This better be good.

What they have to offer right now is free and it's still a ripoff.

Feh, Animal Crossing is probably one of the most overrated games I've ever played. I don't even think that playing with other people online could breathe life into that game for me.

Hopefully the pay for play is for added features/content and you are not actually paying for the ability to play against a buddy online.

"The text chat option in Mario Kart Wii isn’t all it appears – Nintendo has stated that players in their upcoming arcade racer will be restricted to predetermined phrases when chatting with online opponents.

This has become something of a legacy for online gaming on the Wii – the big N has kept options like voice and text chat limited (or non-existent) on their little white console to protect players from the sort of language people typically hear online – the only N word they want to see in their games is Nintendo. "

That's quite lame.

"The text chat option in Mario Kart Wii isn’t all it appears – Nintendo has stated that players in their upcoming arcade racer will be restricted to predetermined phrases when chatting with online opponents.

This has become something of a legacy for online gaming on the Wii – the big N has kept options like voice and text chat limited (or non-existent) on their little white console to protect players from the sort of language people typically hear online – the only N word they want to see in their games is Nintendo. "

That's quite lame.

Nigger, please.

Meh, whatever. The Wii isn't a PC or a "first person shooter console" (cough*360*cough) so voice or text chat is really not something we need. I mean really, what the hell could you chat about during Mario Kart? It's not like it's Call of Duty or Warcraft or something...

Also - the less 14 year old gamers I have to actually LISTEN to, the better. :P

I'm glad they don't have voice chat. The last thing I want to hear is a 14 year old crying and bitching at me because he can't beat me.

ALL people online are dicks. It's a fact.

I'm glad they don't have voice chat. The last thing I want to hear is a 14 year old crying and bitching at me because he can't beat me.

ALL people online are dicks. It's a fact.

"No I'm not....YOU FUCKING NOOB~! Go and slice your wrist or something you piece of shit emo kid!"

:P