TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GODSON

Bound For GLory

Another problem with doing the match so early: what the hell do you do for the finish? Joe needs to stay strong and Angle needs a big debut. So, a big schmozz? Surprise pin? Having more build would make a clean finish easier.

Joe has to go over and it has to be clean.

Joe going over establishes that TNA's top star is better than one of WWE's top stars, and it makes TNA look good to be able to say that one of their stars beat a WWE star who wanted to try his luck in TNA. It also goes a long way to making Joe seem special again, because for quite some time now he's been just another guy in a crowded main event scene. Beating Angle makes Joe special and TNA need a homegrown talent that is special, because they cannot rely on WWE to keep letting top names go. While Angle can beat Joe eventually, he cannot beat him now. Angle is already over enough and is established enough that ending Joe's streak does almost nothing for him and would only make Joe, and TNA, look bad because it establishes that a top WWE guy can beat a top TNA guy, and TNA does not need to make itself look bad any more than it already has. Joe beating Angle can make for a great, and very believable storyline, where Angle can say that he underestimated Joe and the competition in TNA but when he gets that rematch he won't make that mistake. Angle putting over Joe like that puts over TNA, and Angle talking up the wrestlers in TNA makes them look special, because you've got Kurt Angle, who the fans respect a lot and who they believe is a genuine tough guy, telling them that the wrestlers in TNA are not to be taken lightly.

After the match, you can have, and probably should have, Joe and Angle shake hands and do a respect deal. Angle is going to get cheered no matter what and while Joe might be booed against Angle, you don’t want the fans getting into the habit of booing him at this point. Make it clear that Angle respects Joe. That is also something that elevates Joe, because if he has the respect of Kurt Angle, it makes him seem special.

Wait, what really? When did this happen? They pushed their runiting for months and now there gonna split up? They havent done anything yet!

On last weeks Impact BG basically called Kip an ass for insulting Jarrett. Meltzer seems to think Jarrett is going to be turning face and aligning with BG.

If the mentioned story of Jarrett turning face over his wifes cancer story is true this may have been the first seed planted. As in BG knows about Jeffs offscreen problems and was defending him to Kip.

I MIGHT be going to this show... but probably not. It's amazing how powerful hype is since on paper, this is (to me) one of the least interesting TNA PPV line-ups in some time (not counting the fact they basically threw the September show out there while all their eggs were in the BFG basket). Sting vs Jarrett is not interesting as a match. Angle is a cool factor, but that doesn't make the in-ring match any better. A battle royal to bury the X-Division under Nash's comedy is not interesting to me (although I'm a mark for bad wrestling comedy... but I have another company to watch for that). Anytime I have to see the James Gang, AMW, and Team 3D near each other, I am not interested.

Saying all this, I found myself trying to find a bar that would be showing the PPV and Game 2 of the World Series in the same room. Normally I would go to D'amore's bar here in Windsor, but I've been under the impression the people involved will all be in Michigan. This was somewhat confirmed when a friend called today to tell me he ended upgetting a free ticket from his friend (someone involved with BCW). I told him I wanted to go, since him having a ticket must mean he has transportation (yeah, we don't have cars... weak) to Michigan and I would pay at the door for a ticket. Unfortunatley it looks like the car is already overloaded (6 people for a five seater and I would be 7), but in the off chance someone else in that group drives and splits the party up, I'm in. I'm not holding my breath, and really, I think I'd rather just watch Game 2, but it would be a fun expeirence to go to a TNA show - especially if I can get the Michigan crowd to chant "Orlando sucks". Sue me, I hate those bastards at times.

From wrestlingexposed.com:

Brian Bartholow of TNARevolution.com sent the following report:

I just got back from TNA's fan interaction and I got to say that it was class all the way. Kurt Angle was unable to make the show due to his wife going into labor early, but Kurt being the man he is will have a separate meet and greet tomorrow from 1 to 3 pm at the CompuWare Arena for all fans who paid for today's event.

All of the wrestlers at the event were completely personable and looked like they were having a good time there. They split into two sessions (11-1 and 1-3) with half of the wrestlers in each session.

During each session, Jeremy Borash hosted a Q&A with many of the wrestlers (Eric Young, Rhino, Team 3D, Dixie Carter, Mike Tenay and Don West, TNA Knockouts, Ron Killings, Jim Cornette, and Kevin Nash). Funny thing happened during Nash's time. Borash asked Nash who from his past would be at the X Invitational match at the PPV and when he mentioned Goldberg the placed erupted in boos. I think that is a clear indication to the company of what the fans think of Goldberg.

When Cornette was up there, there was a "Russo Sucks" chant that he found funny. Dixie Carter, who was right in front of me at the time, didn't seem amused with the reaction. Dixie was in the crowd for almost the whole event shaking hands, answering questions, and taking pictures with fans.

Like Dixie, some of the talent who were not signing at the time made themselves available in the crowd for fans to shake hands and snap photos with.

I was able to ask Don West, Mike Tenay and Jeremy Borash a few questions and will be posting the audio on my website for fans to listen too. In all, the whole thing was very enjoyable.

Sounds good.

A few pre show notes from wrestlingobserver.com

--Zach Gowen while working an indie show earlier this week told people that he would be wrestling on Sunday's PPV in the Kevin Nash Battle Royal.

--There were still some floor seats available for today's TNA show in Plymouth, MI. The World Series will kill walk-up but the truth is, it's telling that in a small sized building, they couldn't sellout well in advance for the biggest show in company history and coming off the Angle publicity. (thanks to Jake Koch)

--Kurt Angle was not at the TNA fan fest yesterday because his wife went into labor, but it was announced that all fans who paid for the fan fest were able to personally meet with Angle this afternoon before the PPV show.

And some more from pwinsider:

- Bound for Glory tonight in Plymouth, MI is not sold out yet, but TNA is expecting over 3000 fans.

- Impact will be taped on Tuesday this week so talent will have a day off tomorrow to rest.

- Gail Kim has announced on her MySpace page that she was injured by LAX on Impact and will miss the PPV tonight.

- Mike Tenay was at game 1 of the World Series last night.

- Word is that the set up for the PPV tonight looks good. There is apparently one big ramp and three video screens.

I can't wait to see the arena. A change of scenery will be nice.

Shit like this is what hurts TNA, and makes people not care. They build up Roode's manager, and common sense it'd be a big name manager to guide his career, or someone who has great mic skills who can get him over that's a fresh face.

So they pair him up with Tracy cause she's got big fucking breasts. Totally logical. LOGICALLY, she's already a failure as a manager, but we can ignore the past when we wanna.

Long term pay off is not TNA's friend.

What pisses me off is that Traci is a fairly good wrestler and she's stuck being a mid-card manager act. I wish she were in WWE since she'd help the wrestling side of things and she fits the WWE look anyways.

they have gotta work out the audio issues. It's randomly going down and up.

I wouldn't mind getting the show, but this Pre-show isn't exactly saying "hey, get the show!"

Edit: Bitching about Traci? Everyone knew she was. Doesn't mean it's not fucking STUPID though.

they have gotta work out the audio issues. It's randomly going down and up.

I wouldn't mind getting the show, but this Pre-show isn't exactly saying "hey, get the show!"

Edit: Bitching about Traci? Everyone knew she was. Doesn't mean it's not fucking STUPID though.

It's stupid for TNA to use a home grown talent who has experience managing wrestlers? The whole point of using the old managers in the skits was to build up Roode's importance,not to actually pick one.

Traci is a complete failure as a manager in TNA. Why the fuck would you pick her, when she couldn't manage ANYONE before to sustained success over BOBBY HEENAN, or Sheri in kayfabe?

Inless it's Roode's storyline to be a complete moron, you wouldn't. That's the problem, there is no logical reason for that decision. None.

And now my viewing ends because I don't have 30 bucks to blow. Shame.

This is like in 1987 when Bam Bam turned down winners like Jimmy Hart and Bobby Heenan for the utterly useless Sir Oliver Humperdink.

Thought:

Today/Tonight, both the World Series and NFL on FOX have used "Big Time", the WM 22 theme, as promotional video music. It reminded me that "Big Time", like it or not (I like the song), gave WWE's "Show of the Year" a catchy identity.

Should TNA have used a theme song for this show?