TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GODSON

Bound For GLory

For those not watching...

Joe won Monster's Ball, and Eric Young beat Zbyszko.

Cornette said that Joe couldn't interfere in the main event or he would be fired leading to Angle and Joe having a pull-apart brawl in the ring and then up the ramp.

Sabin vs. Senshi up next.

Cornette said that Joe couldn't interfere in the main event or he would be fired leading to Angle and Joe having a pull-apart brawl in the ring and then up the ramp.

So, not only do Joe and Angle keep fighting, which makes their first time locking up in a match less special, but they take away the one thing that might make the main event interesting. That even assumes TNA bothers to adhere to its stipulations for this one, because that Eric Young one lasted about a week.

Any good highspots in the Monsters Ball match?

Not much, really. Spike and Abyss climbed up part of the scaffolding near the entrance, with Spike getting thrown off, and Abyss jumping after him. In the ring, Abyss was on his hands and knees right above the tacks, and Joe hit his running senton on top. Muscle Buster to Raven ended it.

Sabin just beat Senshi with a small package to win the X Title... very good match, and easily MOTN so far.

Rhino vs. Christian up next.

So, not only do Joe and Angle keep fighting, which makes their first time locking up in a match less special, but they take away the one thing that might make the main event interesting. That even assumes TNA bothers to adhere to its stipulations for this one, because that Eric Young one lasted about a week.

I think you over thinking things. That fight made me want too see Angle vs. Joe even more.

Looks like they might do a Raven/Roberts program.

I can only imagine what two complex coked out intellectual and self serving egomaniacs can conjure up. Throw in some Russo "brilliance" and we might have something beyond anyone's imagination.

Roberts is going to see Raven in the mirror he snorts coke off of. At home, Eric Bischoff stares at the TV, wondering exactly why Jake is freaking out.

The red phone rings and Eric Young yells "ANSWER THE PHONE DON!" then does the Don't Fire Eric dance then Sharkboy comes out to bite him in the ass then Brother Runt comes out to throw chairs at everyone then Raven is seen standing at the ramp clamping his hands as the show ends.

the lack of consistency is unbearable. I swear on the pre-show, Christy Hemme said the Cage/Rhino match was Last Man Standing. And the Monster's Ball match, the gimmick is that all competitors are held for 24 hours with no food, water or daylight. I hope Sting loses and they say he doesn't have to quit.

the lack of consistency is unbearable. I swear on the pre-show, Christy Hemme said the Cage/Rhino match was Last Man Standing.

She didn't mean it was literally the gimmick, she just used the expression.

Christian wins after piling chairs, a ladder, table pieces, and street signs on top of Rhino and then gives the pile a couple of chair shots. I'm surprised Rhino actually lost.

Losing in your hometown seems to be the rule, with or without Russo. But to job a wrestler in his hometown the one night the show is out of Orlando is almost baffling.

Sabin vs. Low Ki was fantastic, now that they've gotten rid of the Jackass BS. Having Sabin go over was pretty shocking IMO... I think maybe the feud'll continue on.

Time for the Match of the Night, 6 Sides of Steel.

I'm surprised Rhino actually lost.

That is classic Russo booking. Would it have killed them for Rhino to win in his HOMETOWN?

I would guess they are probably going to do Sting vs Christian at the next PPV and they need to keep Christian strong.

Even though it would have provided the feel good story, I'm actually glad Christian won. I think he has more of an upside than Rhino. That's just my personal opinion.

More upside or not, Rhino losing was stupid. If they wanted Christian to look strong coming out of BFG, at least let Rhino win in his hometown and have Christian lay him out after. That way, you would still have Christian looking strong, but you wouldn't be beating a guy in his hometown before your first non-Orlando PPV crowd and you wouldn't be pissing off the local fans by beating their hometown hero.

Even though it would have provided the feel good story, I'm actually glad Christian won. I think he has more of an upside than Rhino. That's just my personal opinion.

More upside or not, Rhino losing was stupid. If they wanted Christian to look strong coming out of BFG, at least let Rhino win in his hometown and have Christian lay him out after. That way, you would still have Christian looking strong, but you wouldn't be beating a guy in his hometown before your first non-Orlando PPV crowd and you wouldn't be pissing off the local fans by beating their hometown hero.

Well yeah that's true. I was speaking from personal opinion. I know it'd kill the Detroit base to see their hometown guy lose in a "high profile" match on the show.

Actually, scratch that. Who's going to order this PPV outside of the core TNA fanbase? And they'll order anything TNA. So if they want to keep Christian over, they should have done a rematch on this week's Impact and have Christian win. But Rhino should have won in his hometown. Just to make the fans there happy.

Of course, this match shouldn't even have been on this show. It should have been Joe/Jarrett and Sting/Christian. And put Rhino in Joe's Monster's Ball spot.

What's the big deal about winning in your hometown. If it made them mad, good, Christian is a heel so they should be mad. If every wrestler won in his hometown you'd be griping because it would be predictable.

What's the big deal about winning in your hometown. If it made them mad, good, Christian is a heel so they should be mad. If every wrestler won in his hometown you'd be griping because it would be predictable.

But TNA is trying to expand into new markets. And that means giving special care to appealing to the local fans in those markets.

It's TNA's first time in Detroit. Why have the hometown hero lose the first time out? Why piss off fans who are attending only their first, maybe second, TNA show? TNA need to be making their fans happy, not pissing them off.

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!

Chris Sabin, a hometown guy just beat Senshi for the X DIVISION title in a great match. It took Sabin over two years to win the title again and he does it on the biggest ppv of the year in Detroit. That make up for Rhino loss anyday.

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!

Chris Sabin, a hometown guy just beat Senshi for the X DIVISION title in a great match. It took Sabin over two years to win the title again and he does it on the biggest ppv of the year in Detroit. That make up for Rhino loss anyday.

But who got the build-up in their match based on it being their hometown?