TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GODSON

Bound For GLory

According to TNAwrestling.com...

"-Can Eric Young reclaim his job? From the office of TNA management director Jim Cornette – signed for “Bound For Glory” on October 22 will be Eric Young vs. Larry Zbyszko in a “Loser Gets Fired” match! Based on Larry Z costing Young the match two weeks ago, Cornette is giving Young another chance. Can Young get his job back by beating Zbyszko at the Pay-Per-View? Or, will this be Eric’s last match in TNA ever if the legend is able to beat him?"

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=907

Guest SoZe

IS there ANYONE, on this or any planet, that cares to see Larry Zbyszko wrestle at this point? That act was way tired ten years ago.

According to TNAwrestling.com...

"-Can Eric Young reclaim his job? From the office of TNA management director Jim Cornette – signed for “Bound For Glory” on October 22 will be Eric Young vs. Larry Zbyszko in a “Loser Gets Fired” match! Based on Larry Z costing Young the match two weeks ago, Cornette is giving Young another chance. Can Young get his job back by beating Zbyszko at the Pay-Per-View? Or, will this be Eric’s last match in TNA ever if the legend is able to beat him?"

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=907

I kinda do but that's because I just watch Wargames 92 recently and seen him crushing Bruno skull with a chair 30 years ago.

Zbyzko v. Young? Doesnt sound good at all. Probably will be the opener.

Any news at all on WTF they are doing with the Duds at the ppv?

Three way dance? Dudleys vs AMW vs James Gang?

Three way dance? Dudleys vs AMW vs James Gang?

That might not be bad - I would say throw Naturals in there too and make it an elimination four way.

Actually, latest Observer has this potential spoiler about the Duds opponents possibly......

Apparently they are trying to get the Steiner Brothers to reform for the ppv, since its in Michigan, etc. Hard to say if they will even promote it ahead of time if they get the deal done, or if it will just be a surprise spur of the moment. For what its worth, it might be ok just as a one time deal

If they get that to happen (the spoiler) PROMOTE THE FUCK OUT OF IT!! that's like not promoting Benoit's return if they don't.

Guest Connzilla

I'm predicting Jerrelle Clark, Sharkboy, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelly, Johnny Devine, Tyson Dux, Matt Bently, Kazerian, Kenny King, & Kevin Nash in the Kevin Nash Open Invitational X Division Guantlet Battle Royal.

I'm Also predicting Petie Williams vs. Austin Starr(in his return match)

Sounds about right.

Even if they cant do the

Steiner Brothers Reunion

, i think they should go ahead with the ICP angle and just have them show up.

I dont care what you think, i like ICP.

Which observer was that in? I must have missed that bit.

Issue I got this past Monday in the TNA section, just a small blurb during the Impact recap. Says its more than likely not going to happen, but its been considered.

I'm ordering Bound For Glory. Is anybody else?

I'm ordering. This will be the first TNA PPV I've purposed since Turning Point 05 and the first one I've watched live since Victory Road. Although, to be fair, that was more because I didn't have PPV access than anything else. I would have probably ordered anyway, since I'm a sucker for history making nights like the first road PPV, but the line-up is pretty stacked. I'm most drawn to LAX/AJ & Daniels, but the isn't a match i outright don't wanna see (Eric Young and Larry Z comes close, but I mark for EY, so I'll tolerate it).

I dont care what you think, i like ICP.

They should let Guido & 3D call the matches. Don West can go back to selling Mickey Mantle rookie cards printed in 1997.

I live in the UK so cant see the show live but it airs on the Wrestling Channel the following sunday so me and a couple of mates are getting some beers in for the show. Im actually really looking forward to seing the show mainly for the cage match, Angle and seing TNA in a real arena with a new crowd. Do you think they will go all out with the set, presentation,etc?

Guest Connzilla

Here are my predictions for Bound For Glory

Kevin Nash Open Invitational X Division Guantlet Battle Royal.

Winner: Austin Starr, I said ealier that I thought Austin Aries would face Petie Williams but I know think they will just put Starr and Williams in the battle royal, and Starr wins in his return

Eric is winnig becuase I hate Larry.

*Samoa Joe vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Brother Runt - Monster's Ball

Winner: Samoa Joe. Joe is staying undeafted.

*Rhino vs. Christian Cage - 8 Mile Street Fight

Winner: Hometown hero Rhino is picking up the win

*TNA X-Division champion Senshi vs. Chris Sabin

Winner: After three years Sabin becomes 2 time champ.

*NWA Tag Team champions Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles vs. LAX - Six Sides of Steel

Winner:I say LAX is going to win and keep the belts for awhile

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting (title vs. Sting's Career) featuring Kurt Angle at the ringside enforce

Winner: Sting. and on a related note Jarrett will get shitted on by the crowd.

*TNA X-Division champion Senshi vs. Chris Sabin

Winner: After three years Sabin becomes 2 time champ.

Unimportant note: Sabin is already a 2 time champ (I simply remember that he lost the title in Ultimate X1 and regained it in Ultimate X2)

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Full final card, and my predictions:

topmain.gif

lineup_01.gif

lineup_02.gif

lineup_03.gif

lineup_04.gif

NWA World Heavyweight Title, "Title .VS. Career" Match - Special Ringside Enforcer: Kurt Angle

"The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett .VS. Sting.

Winner: Sting.

NWA World Tag Team Titles, Six Sides Of Steel Match

"The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels .VS. The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan).

Winners: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.

Monster's Ball III Match - Special Ringside Guide: Jake "The Snake" Roberts

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe .VS. Raven .VS. "The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) .VS. Brother Runt.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

Detroit 8 Mile Street Fight Match

Rhino .VS. Christian Cage.

Winner: Rhino.

TNA X-Division Title Match

Senshi .VS. Chris Sabin.

Winner: Senshi.

Four-Corners Tag Match

Team 3D .VS. The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. America's Most Wanted (with Gail Kim) .VS. The James Gang.

Winners: Team 3D.

Kevin Nash Open Invitational X-Division Gauntlet Battle Royal

12 X-Division wrestlers.

Winner: Austin Starr.

"Loser Gets Fired" Match

Eric Young .VS. Larry Zbyszko.

Winner: Eric Young.

Preshow:

Singles Match

Bobby Roode .VS. Lance Hoyt.

Winner: Bobby Roode.

The Kevin Nash Battle Royal match is 12 guys, including (at least) Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, and Alex Shelley. And probably Johnny Devine, Matt Bentley, Frankie Kazarian, Sharkboy, Norman Smiley, Elix Skipper, and David Young as the other guys. Austin Starr will more than likely be the mystery 12th man, and win the whole thing. I actually don't think Kevin Nash will even be in the match.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Waltman is signed to MTV's Wrestling Society X, which starts tapings for it's 1st Season next month.

Meltzer's Preview:

--TNA Bound for Glory notes and line-up. We don't have the match order either official or unofficial at this point

*Bobby Roode (announcing Traci Brooks as his new manager most likely) vs. Lance Hoyt. Roode better go over or they've wasted a month plus of video work.

*Kevin Nash Invitational Battle Royal. None of the participants have been announced aside from Alex Shelley, but it will be the X Division guys like Jay Lethal and such who aren't on the card, plus comedy figures.

*Chris Harris & James Storm vs. James Gang vs. The Naturals vs. Team 3-D in a four-way match. Being that AMW and LAX are already known to be the next big tag team feud, logic has AMW winning. Keep in mind logic doesn't always count.

*Eric Young vs. Larry Zbyszko loser gets fired. Being that Eric is already fired, can he be fired again?

*Samoa Joe vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Runt in a Monster's Ball with Jake Roberts as referee. Either Joe wins, or Kurt Angle takes out Joe and Abyss wins.

*Rhino vs. Christian Cage in a street fight.

*Senshi vs. Chris Sabin for the X Division title

*A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX for the NWA tag titles in cage match

*Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting for the NWA title with Kurt Angle as ringside enforcer. If Sting loses, he has to retire. If Jeff loses, he has to turn babyface and team with B.G. James.

Expect the Angle vs. Joe stuff from Thursday night to be heavily pushed on the show. Angle vs. Joe will be the main event on the November PPV show

Angle-Joe at Genesis, as much as I think its too soon I cant wait to see it.

Angle-Joe at Genesis, as much as I think its too soon I cant wait to see it.

It is too soon. Sure, it's probably going to get a slightly higher buy rate than your normal TNA PPV anyway, but with every additional month of build they could have increased the number of potential buys. Instead, they're rushing into it. To be fair, they also don't know how much longer Kurt is going to be able to keep going, so while it isn't going to maximise business by going right to Joe vs. Angle, at least this way they have a pretty good shot of the match taking place.

Another problem with doing the match so early: what the hell do you do for the finish? Joe needs to stay strong and Angle needs a big debut. So, a big schmozz? Surprise pin? Having more build would make a clean finish easier.

Predictions for the show:

NWA World Heavyweight Title, "Title .VS. Career" Match - Special Ringside Enforcer: Kurt Angle

"The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett .VS. Sting.

Winner: Sting wins and has a transitional run until januarys ppv maybe. Jarrett goes through with the face turn.

NWA World Tag Team Titles, Six Sides Of Steel Match

"The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels .VS. The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan).

Winners: I want to go with LAX here as they need the belts while they are hot. TNA have a habit of putting AJ and Daniels over on the big shows however. Il go with LAX.

Monster's Ball III Match - Special Ringside Guide: Jake "The Snake" Roberts

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe .VS. Raven .VS. "The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) .VS. Brother Runt.

Winner: Samoa Joe. Has to be the case really. He needs to go over strong as well, Runt will probably be the victim at the end.

Detroit 8 Mile Street Fight Match

Rhino .VS. Christian Cage.

Winner: Rhino to go over in his hometown. Christian won last month and it wouldnt make sense for Rhino to loose all the matches in the feud.

TNA X-Division Title Match

Senshi .VS. Chris Sabin.

Winner: Senshi. Sabin might have more heat in his hometown than usual but Senshi has to go over. I picked title changes in the other 2 matches and i doubt they will change all 3 champions.

Four-Corners Tag Match

Team 3D .VS. The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. America's Most Wanted (with Gail Kim) .VS. The James Gang.

Winners: Team 3D to win here, probably the James Gang to take the pin as they apear to be breaking up soon.

Kevin Nash Open Invitational X-Division Gauntlet Battle Royal

12 X-Division wrestlers.

Winner: Austin Starr on his debut. This could be really good or turn into a complete joke and a mess depending on how its booked and what Nash's involvment is.

"Loser Gets Fired" Match

Eric Young .VS. Larry Zbyszko.

Winner: Eric Young has to win. Only logical ending.

Preshow:

Singles Match

Bobby Roode .VS. Lance Hoyt.

Winner: Bobby Roode wins easy after unveling Traci as his manager.

Sabin is the Monty Brown of the X division. TNA miss putting the title on him plenty of times.

Monty didnt deserve the title. Plain and simple. He isnt a draw. He isnt a star. He does not draw. Hes not a good wrestler. Hes crap on the mic. Hes what i like to call, a shit animal.

Winners: Team 3D to win here, probably the James Gang to take the pin as they apear to be breaking up soon.

Wait, what really? When did this happen? They pushed their runiting for months and now there gonna split up? They havent done anything yet!

Being that AMW and LAX are already known to be the next big tag team feud, logic has AMW winning. Keep in mind logic doesn't always count.

And i thought they were splitting up? Did i fall into a coma for like 2 weeks and the whole wrestling world has changed?