TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GODSON

Bound For GLory

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!

Chris Sabin, a hometown guy just beat Senshi for the X DIVISION title in a great match. It took Sabin over two years to win the title again and he does it on the biggest ppv of the year in Detroit. That make up for Rhino loss anyday.

But who got the build-up in their match based on it being their hometown?

And which one was being treated as a serious wrestler and which one was treated as joke in recent weeks?

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!

Chris Sabin, a hometown guy just beat Senshi for the X DIVISION title in a great match. It took Sabin over two years to win the title again and he does it on the biggest ppv of the year in Detroit. That make up for Rhino loss anyday.

But who got the build-up in their match based on it being their hometown?

I don't think they push the hometown theme with Rhino hard. They mention it but it was never like a Ric FLair/North Carolina push.

So they aired all the video packages with Rhino in Detroit for fun or something?

Actually, it was for fun and just something fancy. This feud is strictly based off friendship.

Unless they go to the full 3 hours, this match shouldn't be any longer than 10 mins.

It will probably be a 10-15 minute gimmick show, with weapons, run-ins, bullshit and a convaluted finish that the crowd won't pop for as they should because they've been numbed by all the gimmickry.

So they aired all the video packages with Rhino in Detroit for fun or something?

Rhyno didn't have a full back Detroit Tigers logo on his jacket for no reason.

So Sting's new look is he added a bit of color to the face paint, grabbed his Wolfpac tights, ditched the top and got his old school ring jacket?

I need a screencap of this.

I thought it was a crappy match, but man, it was AWESOME to see someone FINALLY no-sell the guitar shot. I laughed the fuck out loud. Even Joe sold it. That's just friggin hilarious.

Solid PPV altogether anyway. The Cage match was great--not as good as Ultimate X, not the kind of psychology Ultimate X had, but solid. X-Title match was great too.

Thumbs up.

Bottom line, anyone who thought that was a horrible show is an idiot.

A dumbass idiot.

Two out of three of the title matches were good, not great. Monster's ball was short and ok. I liked the Nash invitational spotfest.

Overall, thumbs up.

It took 10 months for Sting to finally win the title and hopefully end the JJ/Sting feud. This feud was boring during the last 4 months and sometimes did not make sense but Sting won the title in the most logical fashion as possible. The babyface won the war.

New champions was crown tonight.

The Russo era starts Tuesday. Will Jarrett be there?

Does that make Meltzer God?

I'll ask.

I'll say it again, but in the form of a question so people don't bitch; does anyone else see them giving the belt back to Jeff because Kurt took out the referee and he was only the 'ringside enforcer' ?

I'll ask.

I'll say it again, but in the form of a question so people don't bitch; does anyone else see them giving the belt back to Jeff because Kurt took out the referee and he was only the 'ringside enforcer' ?

No.

I'll ask.

What I'm hoping for is that since Angle made it a point to tell Cornette and the fans he'd call it down the middle, it'd prevent that course of action, but knowing Russo and Jarrett, probably.

I'll ask.

No.

You think Sting beats Chrstian then loses to the winner of Joe vs. Angle?

Well that would set up Joe/Jarrett for the title, I think, and maybe a Sting/Angle match to end the year. Then that just might lead to a Joe/Angle title feud or some such going into early next year.

Except apparently Joe/Angle is the ME of Genesis.

Overall, it was pretty good. The cage match and X-Title matches were great, and the Nash invitational was entertaining as hell. Everything else, excluding the Young-Zbyszko squash, was pretty decent, but the main event was just bad. All they did was just go through the motions leading to the no-selling of the guitar and death lock.

They obviously want Joe/Angle for Genesis, so that should logically leaves Sting/Christian for the title. Either Jarrett gets added to make it a 3-way (more likely I think) or he gets a mini-feud with someone like Eric Young.

They obviously want Joe/Angle for Genesis, so that should logically leaves Sting/Christian for the title. Either Jarrett gets added to make it a 3-way (more likely I think) or he gets a mini-feud with someone like Eric Young.

Or better yet, Jarrett goes away.

Well that would set up Joe/Jarrett for the title, I think, and maybe a Sting/Angle match to end the year. Then that just might lead to a Joe/Angle title feud or some such going into early next year.

Except apparently Joe/Angle is the ME of Genesis.

I hope they don't go that route. Joe/Angle needs to be saved. They spent a YEAR building up JJ/Sting, and Joe/Angle is ten times a bigger match than that. It deserves way more build-up.

I say let Sting defend against Christian next month, let Jarrett challenge Angle to his first match, and Joe can beat Rhino for the next shot. That way, Sting gets a good defense, Angle can decimate Jarrett (in hopefully a loser-leaves match), and Joe can be set up to take the title from Sting by the end of the year.

Angle can go on a winning streak towards Joe's title, and we get to see the great matches Angle's capable of. When he meets Joe at Slammiversary, Joe ends his streak, putting him over huge. Then at the next BFG, Angle can end Joe's streak and finally win the title.

I think Jeff Jarrett raped HTQ's mom

I think you need to get back on topic. If you are able to.

We're all friends here. You don't need to be so formal and use my first name.

STAYING ON TOPIC!~

I didn't see the show, but I'm gonna try and get a torrent tomorrow. It sounds like it was a fun show, maybe not worthy of being the biggest show ever or anything

Rhyno winning and then getting laid out is almost the equivalent of losing anyway, so I don't get that complaint.