TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - September/18th/2006.

The fallout from Unforgiven.

The End of the Rated R Era.

John Cena, the new WWE Champion, will be on Raw one night after defeating Edge at Unforgiven. Last night, Cena beat the "Rated R Superstar" in his hometown of Toronto in a fierce, body bruising Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match. Cena was able to reclaim the WWE Championship after giving Edge an FU off of the top of a ladder and through two tables. The win at Unforgiven keeps Cena from relocating to Smackdown and puts the most coveted prize on Raw back around his waist. Will Edge have anything to say to the new WWE Champion? Does Cena have a message for the superstars of Raw now that he's not going to Smackdown?

Two Words: Public Humiliation.

D-Generation X fought their way through ECW's World Heavyweight Champion, The Big Show and The McMahons in a Hell in a Cell Match at Unforgiven, but the victory wasn't the only reason DX had to cheer. HBK and Triple H ruined Mr. McMahon's morale when they thrust The Chairman's face into Big Show's exposed backside. What will the most powerful man in sports-entertainment have to say about the public humiliation he suffered at the hands of DX?

The Big Red Monster meets Umaga.

A rematch of Unforgiven will take place on Raw, as Kane will once again meet the undefeated Umaga. Last night, "The Big Red Machine" and "The Samoan Bulldozer" battled to a double countout when the physicality of their match brought both mammoth superstars out of the ring for too long. The question of which is the more dominant, "The Big Red Machine" or "The Samoan Bulldozer", has yet to be determined. Will we find out on Raw?

For all the answers, tune in to Raw tonight at 9pm/8pm CT on the USA Network.

Vince and Shane will now be off of TV, but Steph will make her return to take their place. :P

If this happens, you get no cookie...only death.

Maybe Vince will finally go crazy and Shane will join with Steph and Hunter to have him committed and take over the company.

Guest Diablo_Dor
So will Cena have the old spinner, the Rated R spinner, or will he have a new one?

Maybe its just me, cos I only watched the PPV on fast forward this morning before going to work

(Free on Sky sports Crappy buy rate for you !!)

But was anyone else getting a Heelish vibe off Cena at the end of the match?

I don't know but I could have swore Cena was looking very annoyed with the crowd.

The problem is that with the Marine coming out soon I just can't see them pulling the trigger now but it is food for thought.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Cena looked annoyed with the crowd because, as Edge's hometown, the crowd were the heels in this situation. He did the same at One Night Stand

Boy you people are just itching for a Cena heel turn, aren't ya? I actually like the fact that they're keeping him face regardless of fan reaction. It's actually kinda funny.

Guest Diablo_Dor
Boy you people are just itching for a Cena heel turn, aren't ya? I actually like the fact that they're keeping him face regardless of fan reaction. It's actually kinda funny.

I personally LOVE IT that they keep ignoring the male section of the crowd, The atmosphere with "Face" Cena is something I don't think they could get if he was just another cookie cutter heel, my God listening to the crowd hate on Cena makes me remember the old "Die Rocky Die" chants that made 96 (I think) just about bearable. Other than Austin and the Harts and all that other awesome stuff that I know someone's gonna claim was better.

I'd love it if they kept him face but I was watching the end of the PPV and it just looked like a man who had just won his title back should be a lot happier. On the flip side of that, at the ECW ppv he lost, and the crowd were considered another character for Cena to work with/against. Toronto were not THAT different than most other PPV crowds, I swear there were some Cena fans in that building compared to ECW but the majority were still anti-cena thats his character though.

sorry I don't think I explained myself well there.

There's always a few rematches on the first Raw after a PPV. Along iwth Kane-Umaga, I expect something with the Spirit Squad and the Highlanders.

I'm going to tonight's Raw. Tonight's a supershow along with Smackdown tapings. They said last week in the Slam Jam segments that there will be Booker vs Vito and Chavo vs Mysterio in a cage match. Since we're in Montreal, there will surely be plenty of SS97 references. I just wonder how the crowd will react during the Dx/McMahon segment, will they crap all over them ?

Vince and Shane will now be off of TV, but Steph will make her return to take their place. :P

Vince never ever takes a day off he will be on the opening segment with the trusty wheelchair or it will be another episode from McMahon's bed at General Hospital. The Big Show is going to teabag Vince tonight whether you like it or not.

An interesting article regarding Cena from WWE.com

Cena’s bittersweet triumph

By Jen Hunt

September 18, 2006

Standing atop a 16 foot ladder, John Cena reached up and grabbed the WWE Championship after giving Edge an F-U off the top of the precarious contraption, sending him crashing through two tables below. His music blared and his fans went wild, but with the championship in hand, Cena clenched his jaw and dropped his head. It seemed he was impervious to the excitement and celebration all around him.

Many who watched Unforgiven Sunday night wondered why Cena looked so pissed after overcoming unbelievable odds to defeat Edge in his hometown, in the match of his choice for the WWE Championship. Considering the long and bitter rivalry between the two, most would've expected Cena to stand triumphant and celebrate. After the match, WWE.com searched high and low for the new champ to find out what was going on behind his angst-ridden eyes. While the entire locker room celebrated and said emotional goodbyes to Trish Stratus, Cena was tucked away in a quiet corner with his championship and his head in his hands.

"As much as I don't agree with the tactics of my opponent," said a solemn Cena, "you have to show a certain amount of respect for a guy who maybe isn't the most popular guy in the yearbook, but fought like a f*cking animal with his city behind him."

Edge came out to a standing ovation from the rabid Toronto audience. The Rated-R Superstar was moved to tears by the outpouring of love and support from his hometown. Right before the bell rang to start the match, he gave himself several hard slaps across the face to get his head back in the game.

"It was just a soft side of Edge that I'd never seen before," Cena reflected. "I didn't think he had it in him. I know he gave me his all and I'm damn proud to walk out of there with my head high, but sh*t, I wouldn't call him a loser tonight."

The men competed in one of the most dangerous matches there is, the Tables Ladders and Chairs Match. Until Sunday night, it was a match that Edge considered his Forte and one Cena had never competed in.

"It just got real violent real quick," admitted Cena. "There are moments where your career flashes before your eyes and for a second you don't think you're going to make it through the match, let alone win or lose. There was a moment where Edge had just gone through a table off a ladder, and I previously had gone through one, so I know how that feels. I saw those two tables there, I tried to finish the job on the floor with a chair shot and I said, 'f*ck it, I'll just get him in the ring and finish the job.' But then I said, 'it's about winning the title, it's not about ending a career.' So I went up on the ladder and to be honest with you, the way it went down, what was done needed to be done and nothing more than that. This is a very violent, competitive sport; you never want to end anybody's career… God, I hope Edge is all right."

With the violence and brutality came a new level of respect for his opponent. Cena understands what it means compete in front of your hometown having lost to the Rated-R Superstar in Boston at SummerSlam.

"I knew what was going through Edge's mind and he didn't want to quit," explained Cena, "so I had to do what I had to do to win."

Cena's show of respect for Edge should not be taken as a sign of lack of enthusiasm for becoming WWE Champion again. He lost the championship back in June at ECW's One Night Stand, when Paul Heyman and Edge worked together to screw him in order for Rob Van Dam to win. While Cena has always been a fierce competitor, things got personal about a month ago, when Edge went to Cena's home and attacked the most important person in his life, his father.

"It's a very, very big win and I'm very happy to hold this for a third time," Cena said clutching his championship, "but I know the only person in the crowd who's going to give me a hug is my old man. I spotted him in the first row and it was just one of those moments that I'll remember forever."

WWE.com has learned that neither WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon nor his son Shane will be at tonight's Raw in Montreal.

Click here.

From WWE.com:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/2657502/mcmahons

Where in the world is Vincent Kennedy McMahon?

By Louie Dee

September 18, 2006

When the WWE fans last saw WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon and his son Shane, they were being wheeled out of the Air Canada Centre on stretchers after their Hell in a Cell Match against DX at Unforgiven.

Today, WWE.com has learned that the Chairman and Shane are resting comfortably, sharing a room in a private American medical facility in an undisclosed location.

Sources at the airport in Toronto told WWE.com that both men were wheeled onto the McMahons’ private jet late Sunday night, and the plane was seen taking off into the night. One official remarked that it was “hard to miss, what with that giant bright green DX logo spray painted on the side and all.”

That DX logo on the plane is just one of many actions DX has perpetrated to publicly humiliate the McMahons in recent months. They’ve defaced numerous pieces of McMahon property (from the private Jet to WWE Headquarters to their limousine), sent roosters to the Chairman’s hotel room and even mocked the McMahons by dressing up and acting out the Chairman’s performance of “Stand Back” at the 1987 Slammy Awards. And in a moment no one will ever forget, they even doused the Chairman, his son Shane and loyal followers the Spirit Squad with human waste during an episode of RAW.

That action was certainly “number two” for DX, who may have done their worst damage to the Chairman at Unforgiven. Near the conclusion of their Hell in a Cell Match, Triple H and Shawn Michaels pulled down Big Show’s trunks, exposing his ample backside. They then grabbed poor Mr. McMahon and pushed him forward, sending the billionaire’s head directly into the 7-foot giant’s ass.

As a result of last night’s festivities, sources close to the McMahon family have told WWE.com that neither the Chairman nor Shane will be at tonight’s RAW in Montreal. While they are obviously still recuperating from the physical injuries they suffered inside Hell in a Cell, they are also recovering from a case of broken pride.

If there can be any consolation for the McMahons, they may be happy to know that window washers finally arrived at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Conn., this morning to clean the DX logo off of the building.

While their physical injuries will heal in time, that may be the first step toward rebuilding their pride. But knowing how much pride the McMahons have to rebuild…will we ever see them on RAW again?

The guys at PWInsider proposed an angle where Coach says that he has talked to the McMahons, and they gave him the official authority to announce that they will now offer $1 million to anyone who can finally take out DX once and for all. I'd rather see something like that happen instead of of a more direct feud between DX and the McMahons from here on out.

Anyway, I still say that Steph shows up on screen tonight, if not to take the place of Vince and Shane for the next few months, then at least do to something.

I saw those two tables there, I tried to finish the job on the floor with a chair shot and I said, 'f*ck it, I'll just get him in the ring and finish the job.' But then I said, 'it's about winning the title, it's not about ending a career.' So I went up on the ladder and to be honest with you, the way it went down, what was done needed to be done and nothing more than that. This is a very violent, competitive sport; you never want to end anybody's career… God, I hope Edge is all right."

That's a very elaborate cover for Cena resetting the tables after the second one fell off just because the ring shook. If only they'd put this much effort into other things like the tag team division.

Does anyone remember the last time John Cena lost a match cleanly...I mean to the point where nothing can be said and he didnt have the "odds" against him?

Guest Princess Leena

Cena won the title?

Meh.

I'm sure Edge will get a handful more shots at the belt this year in The Feud That Never Ends.

He got pinned clean on Raw in a handicap match with HHH and Edge. Yeah, it was a handicap match, but HHH and Edge were fighting each other as much as Cena.

For an untainted singles loss, I'm having to go back to his match with Angle at No Mercy 03. Since his face turn, I can't really think of any clean jobs, but then again, the top faces in WWE very rarely lose clean.