TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

Now that's a credits sequence.

Is it wrong for me at this point to say that I don't want Pam to be with Jim? I like Karen, I really like her. That's why this show is great, it takes the one character that shows introduce to create tension between the 2 leads to stay apart, that the public should hate, and yet I love Karen. And it sucks because she's probably getting the corporate job and leaving.

I'm with you. Pam pisses me off. She flakes between wanting to be with Jim and not, never standing up for what she wants. At least Karen knows what she wants and goes for it.

Is it wrong for me at this point to say that I don't want Pam to be with Jim? I like Karen, I really like her. That's why this show is great, it takes the one character that shows introduce to create tension between the 2 leads to stay apart, that the public should hate, and yet I love Karen. And it sucks because she's probably getting the corporate job and leaving.

I'm with you. Pam pisses me off. She flakes between wanting to be with Jim and not, never standing up for what she wants. At least Karen knows what she wants and goes for it.

I'm not with you guys. I don't really like Karen at all but I love Pam.

That's what the Pam character is; insecure and scared to go for what she really wants (Jim and a career in painting). She knows she can do better in life, but she just can't make that first tough step. The coal walk was a metaphor for her finally sucking it up and moving forward.

Yeah, that is her character. I just don't like her. If you're right and she is moving on, maybe I can respect her some more.

God, that was a fuckin great episode. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. I think I missed a few jokes from my girlfriend and me laughing so damn hard. The whole Gryffindor/Voldemort had me going the most.

I have to watch it again.

This was a really good episode, as it had both the humor and the emotional drama, and there was just enough humor to leave you laughing without taking away from the emotion. Jenna Fischer was ridiculosuly "on" this week, nailing Pam's big revelation with just the right amount of confidence and just the right tone. It's really got me excited for next week, for more than just "who will get the job at corporate," which is awesome.

Who DO you guys think gets the corporate job? It's gotta be Karen, right?

Fuck the Beasley haters, Pammy's hotness jumped up a billion points after last night.

Why, because she made some ground-breaking revelation about how she wants to be friends with Jim? Please.

I didn't like the lack of delivery on the 2-piece, though. World's Worst Man agrees.

Ramis' other two episodes (Benihana Christmas and Safety Training) are also awesome.

Guest George's Box

It wasn't that "fuckin good." That whole egg race thing was too loud and busy. I don't think it needed to be an extended episode. "Watch out for snakes" was amazing, though.

The extended episode idea seems to be an NBC idea to avoid running reruns in May sweeps, not something The Office required. 30 Rock's season ended, so they gave Earl, Office, and Scrubs 40 minutes. Now Earl's season is over, so Office and Scrubs get one hour next week. Then they're done.

I didn't get that either Spiff.

I also don't get the Pam hate. Fuck that noise. She was great last night.

I was fine with the episode going 40 minutes. It didn't feel like filler.

Now that's a credits sequence.

Wasn't the Flintstones the song everyone on the bus sang in Planes, Trains and Automobiles with John Candy on lead vocals?

Rashida Jones' pilot got picked up for a series

Apparently she's under contract for the 07-08 season of The Office and will split her time between two shows. I see three possible scenarios here......

1. Karen gets the job in NYC, her and Jim break up and she pops up from time to time on a visit to the branch or over the phone. It would be an interesting dynamic with Jim dumping her and then being forced to deal with Karen being his boss.

2. Karen gets the job in NYC, her and Jim stay together.

3. Michael gets the job in NYC and Jim gets promoted to Manager. Not sure what they'd do with Jim and Karen if that was the case.

I think we're going to get a scene similar to last season's finale, with Pam kissing Jim and Jim pulling back...maybe going so far as to say he loves Karen in the heat of the moment. Meanwhile, Karen gets the job in NYC. Karen moves, Jim stays in Scranton. Through Season 3, Jim and Karen try long-distance, and it strains Jim, possibly even leading to more humorous Jim/Michael moments where Michael "empathizes." Eventually, Jim will break it off, and Jim and Pam will happen at the end of Season 4.

Just a thought. Outside, dark-horse prediction: Karen gets the job in NYC, but Michael gets demoted and Jim gets his job, leading to even more stress for Jim. If it happens, it'll probably last half a season or so, but it could be fun.

It's about as obscure of a Mystery Science Theater 3000 reference as they could possibly make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd_xzYUw2ow

I'd guess maybe 5,000 people got it, if that.

I was confused at first, I knew the MST3k quote before hand, but I thought it would be from something else entirely. Just so obscure.

Although, isn't John Krasinsky a MST3k fan?

Has anyone called the "hotline" that was posted on the flasher posters Pam printed out from a couple episodes ago? My little brother called it just to see what happened, and what ensued was the funniest minute of my life.

If anyone has recorded it, check it out. I'll get ahold of my brother and post the number on here when I find it.