TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Amazing how deep and rich this show has become in the course of just this one season.

There is no way I am NOT owning this when it comes on DVD.

This show is so fucking indulgent in it's influences that it's ridiculous. I'm not a big comics fan, though I was hooked on the Age of Apocalypse, but I loved Dragon Ball Z and the X Men cartoons and this just takes a lot of the stuff I loved and thought was dope about those shows and made it live action, gave it a budget, and put it in prime time. This future episode was SICK. Sylar being Nathan pretty much summed up this show and how they are not afraid to go in deep with the genre.

This show is sooooooooo fucking awsome.

But man.

Time travel is confusing. Does that being the future means that HAS to be the future???

Ugh.

What I love about this episode--and show--is that it wasn't a gimmick episode. Yeah, it was the "future" episode, but it was obviously a huge driver of the plot, and not just a "what if" fantasy. Wonderful stuff.

The Ando-dying-was-the-impetus-to-Hiros-obsession-with-changing-the-past was a great character builder. Especially with Ando knowing that and not Hiro. Also, Parkman is a dick. I like how he went bad, though, cause his character has shown signs of going to the darkside. Bennett playing both sides was also great and him taking the bullet was a nice touch. The benefit to alternate histories is that you can do things like killing off characters and have it mean something without feeling the consequences in the plotlines.

Those last 20 minutes were fucking riveting television. The only real downer in the episode was (big surprise) Niki; that character is just not as interesting as any of the others.

They'd better haul ass in getting this on DVD by the end of the summer.

I hate being "that guy," but my DVR cut off the last minute or so, even though I thought I had set it up to record longer than it should. Can someone tell me briefly what happened after Peter and Sylar activated their powers? Thanks!

Nothing much. As Suresh holds the door closed, Hiro and Ando teleport back to present-day NYC. Hiro looks at the comic book panel that shows him stabbing Sylar, ending the episode by saying "Now the hard part."

Edited by KingPK

That was so damn awesome. The Nathan scene was a classic tv moment, just great in execution.

Though, I don't really get why Claire would have to be in hiding if her dad is president, and she knows who he is and he knows who she is.

I also like that even 5 years into the future, Sylar is still fucking with Suresh.

Suresh: My god, this whole time, you were acting as Nathan Petrelli?

Sylar: Oh yes, and more.

Suresh: More? What do you mean?

Sylar: Remember that time, in that Korean BBQ place, where you met this lady named Trisha?

Suresh: Of course, she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

Sylar: And you took her to a hotel and made love to her.

Suresh: It was the greatest night of my life, why?

Sylar: ... and she said she wanted to switch roles.

Suresh: It was awkward and a bit uncomfortable at first, I must admit, but... what does that have to do with anything?

Sylar: and in the middle of it room service knocked on the door and interrupted everything.

Suresh: Yes, and.. we... never ordered room service... oh wait... my god... you were that hotel staff employee!

Sylar: Uh...

Suresh: You are more devious than I had imagined.

They probably could have done the Hiro and Peter action scene a bit better. Hiro stabs a couple guys and we see one flying through the air? Lame. Though "Should we stop time?" "No, I haven't had a good fight in a while" was a great exchange.

I like that they are pacing themselves with the super power action. Too much, too soon and they blow their wad of cool which would end up creating a Matrix effect where everything afterwards is not nearly as impressive and you become numb to it.

I like that they are pacing themselves with the super power action. Too much, too soon and they blow their wad of cool would end up creating a Matrix effect where everything afterwards is not nearly as impressive and you become numb to it.

Exactly. The slow build to Peter-Sylar is actually pretty amazing, I'd probably pay to watch that.

This was all kinds of awesome. It kept building and building and just when you think it's at the peak, it fucking shoots higher and faster and the ride doesn't end... I can't even count all the greatness here. I loved Peter being a total badass, curious to see what the scar came from. The exchanges between Future Hiro and Past Ando were great. Like everyone else, I let out a audible "Oh, fuck!" when the Sylar reveal occured. The showdown with Peter and Sylar was intense and all we really saw was two different lights colliding. This had so much shit sewn into it that it demands at least a second viewing.

I was skeptical thinking this was going to be a gimmick episode but it went right into the entire context of the story and accelerated it into another level that I can't remember a network tv show ever reaching.

Go back to the very start of this thread. Look how much we were off-base on. It was feared it couldn't hold up, my god was that the most inaccurate sentiment ever.

I hope we never find out about Peters scar and that he doesn't get one in the future (of the show). It would be a total wink and a nod to pretty much every alternate universe/future out there, because someone ALWAYS has a scar in a dystopian future.

It doesn't even matter.

They were both practically immortal by that point. They both had Claire. I actually wonder if Claire "died" when Sylar did what he did or if she survived it and is just tied up somewhere.

After all Peter Petrelli proved he could survive major brain damage and being blown up, so...

I hope we never find out about Peters scar and that he doesn't get one in the future (of the show). It would be a total wink and a nod to pretty much every alternate universe/future out there, because someone ALWAYS has a scar in a dystopian future.

I was actually wondering what could have scarred him so bad that his healing factor didn't kick in?

ACTUALLY I'm assuming future Peter never met Claire and thus didn't have the healing factor?

That must mean being a human bomb is an entirely safe process...

Those 44 minutes of television were better then the whole 2 plus hours of X3. If X2 wasn't so awesome I'd say it was better then almost the whole trilogy. There was so, so much goodness in that time frame.

- "Go talk to you", "No, I scare me"

- Parkman being a complete cockface and his partnering with The Haitian makes total sense

- No mention of either Thompson (Eric Roberts) or Linderman. Interesting.

- "Send in The Professor" and the Candace Moment that fooled everybody

- Sultry waitress Claire

- Badass Peter saving Future Hiro and Past Ando

- The second "Nathan" held his index finger up to stop Claire from walking away my fucking jaw dropping to the floor

- "I haven't had a good fight in a while"

- "Brother vs Brother.......almost biblical"

- FIRE VS ICE

BEST SHOW EVER