TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The NHL Thread - October

Chicago scoring eight goals?

This probably hasn't happened since Bobby Hull was playing.

They scored eight in the conference finals against the Blues the year they went to the finals. I'm not sure why the fuck I remember that.

Probably because ... actually, you know what, why the hell do you? Chicago's run was unrememberable that year.

Am I the only person who wishes to take back all the things they said about Sykora? 2 goals and 1 assist, and kept coming back for more with Hemsky just feeding him the puck.

And what the hell was up with Hemsky? I've never seen him play like he did last seaosn where he was in full flight nearly all game longl. He's like a demon all the sudden, it was unreal.

Oh, and damn Iginla for breaking the shutout for Rollie. Actually, I should be blaming Smid since he blew the defense, but couldn't Iggy have botched the shot like he did the penalty shot?

^_^ I so can't wait for Round 2 of the Battle of Alberta on Saturday. The sparks were just flying with 5.4 seconds left as everyone started taking out frustrations (more Flames than Oilers), so Game 2 in Calgary shall be even better I think.

Edit: For the record concerning Fleury, he got to see most of his shots, but still he saved 40 so I don't think he got lucky and might've actually gotten his Junior form to NHL form finally.

Tonight the Bruins take on the Florida Panthers... looking forward to finally catching a game on TV! Busy watching Bruins Classics on NESN to whet my appetite even more.

Bruins also have a nice road stretch, home opener isn't until October 19th.

Guest Princess Leena

So, the radio shmucks were bitching today about how shootouts are awful for the NHL.

I couldn't disagree more. How else can you end games without a tie. And while it is gimmicky, the fans mostly love it.

The only difference I'd make is have regulation wins worth 3 points. The negative with that is it confuses stupid fans even more, but to be fair, they don't care about the standings anyway.

So what happened to the Bruins? I was not expecting Bertuzzi and the Panthers to put up 8 goals on them.

The Canucks win back to back games on the road, nice start for them. Definately look to be competetive in the Northwest.

Apparently Montreal still hasnt found a cure for giving up games in the third period. This disease has been going on since 95 when Roy left the team.

And you think getting rid of Hal Gill would automatically improve the teams defence.

Maybe Hal Gill wasn't the worst one there.

Oh, and how about them Hurricanes, calibur team right there.

Ducks barely won. Kings put about 44 shots on goal and only 3 went through. Worst part of the game was the Kings' fan two row ahead of my father who wouldn't sit down whenever the Kings were close to scoring. I think he was the third assistant coach for the team.

What happened to the Bruins? They're the Bruins. One game and they've already embarassed themselves.

Lewis is still getting on the same page as Chiarelli. Some of his lines were certainly melon scratchers last night (Axelsson is going to be relied on for offense this season apparently, while Boyes only saw 13 minutes, etc.) Add in that there were two defensemen in the lineup that shouldn't have been there (York/Dempsey was a fucking nightmare) and finally, the flu seems to be spreading through the team. All in all, a recipe for disaster.

I'm not going to say that the sky is falling yet. It was one game.

And you think getting rid of Hal Gill would automatically improve the teams defence.

Maybe Hal Gill wasn't the worst one there.

Florida probably would have hit 11 with our pal Hal in there last night. Once the Bruins are actually healthy (Jurcina went out with a staph infection and M. Stuart is still recovering from knee surgery), the defense is much, much better. Until then, they'll have to rely on a cocktail of journeymen and rookies (York, Dempsey, Lashoff and Sigalet).

If you don't think Gill was that bad, watch him get turned inside out by CHRIS NEIL.

Thoughts:

-What a great game in Hogtown.

- Aebischer needs a little positioning work. He was out of it far too often.

- It turned out to be moot, as nothing could have made me happier than a Habs win. But if they had scored on Tucker's OT penalty, I'd have been a little bitter. That was a god-awful call.

That was a god-awful call on Dandenault in the first place. Took his man out of the play, when he had the puck.

Komisarek leveling Tucker in the third was nice.

Um... Your guess is as good as mine? I thought I wasn't setting my lineups quickly enough, but now that I look at it, says weekly. Weird, I set it up as daily during the initialization. :( Shit, I'll look into seeing if I can get this fixed, but likely we're stuck with it as weekly.

Well, customer service from Yahoo actually amazingly got back to me. More impressive considering I don't recall how I got ahold of the right place (I think I lucked out). As far as the CSR tells me, I probably hit the back button to fix something which would've reseted some of the fields to the originals, and CSR says that sometimes can happen depending on your browser specifications.

...which is total bullshit, but basically we're stuck with it. Sorry gang.

And the next Oilers game is on the 12th. Yeesh... A long wait for the next hockey game. I'm kinda pissed we lost to Calgary when we should've kicked their asses a second time, but what can you do?