TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Raw Thread - October 16th, 2006

Wait a second.

The choices for Special Guest Referee are Eric Bischoff, Vince McMahon, or Jonathan Coachman?

THAT'S supposed to get PPV buys?!

This was a really fun Raw tonight. What the hell, I always get a kick out of Orton getting buried, particularly in the fashion he was here. The only negative is that Edge has to be involved in this silly feud.

Cryme Tyme looked really good out ther tonight, I was actually pleasantly surprised. I found Da Beast to be a guilty pleasure in OVW, but JTG/Neighborhoodie was horrid. They were quite amusing stealing Booker's wallet, as was Book's reaction to it. This is how you honor Eddie, by dedicating your career to the ethics of "Lie, Cheat, and Steal."

Great show so far. K-Fed took a pretty swank FU and that Umaga segment was the funniest thing on Raw in years.

Seriously, between "I like Shane" and Umaga shooting on a laughing Steve-O, it was fantastic. Chris Pontius should be brought in full time to do something on TV, that guy is hilarious.

Pretty good overall show.

The Edge/Orton segment was great until DX came out. I loved how they accused Orton of being gay, yet the focus of their promo were Orton's suggestive pictures and Edge's semi-erect penis.

Cryme Tyme was good in the debut. Pretty average wrestlers with a good finisher. Their backstage segment with Booker was great. They definitely need to do more "King" Booker T with his character where he splits time between the over-the-top English accent and ebonics.

The IC 4-way was a fun little spot exchange. At least there's a division now.

Cena/KFed segment was ok, but went on way too long.

Women's match made no sense. Maria wins, why? Candice may very well be the most improved wrestler in WWE this year.

ME stunk pretty bad, but I wasn't expecting much.

I greatly enjoyed the Steve O and Chris Pontius sketch. Steve O no-selling moves that have come just short of killing WWE wrestlers for the past 6 months was hilarious. I got a laugh out of the stiff kick to the back that Umaga gave Steve, but I'm sure the guy has felt pain much worse than Umaga can give him. After 3 years of watching Wild Boyz, (the guy lets Scorpions sting him just to see what it feels like, for Christ's sake), I'd say theres not a lot of stuff that Umaga could do to the guy in the area of stiffness.

Umaga has NO RIGHT to stiff the "Jackass" stars, seeing as how they are BIGGER STARS THAN 99% of the WWE ROSTER and were PAID to PERFORM. Don't be so stupid.

Fuck that. Umaga stiffing Jackass was a message to TNA. TNA promotes that shit, WWE shits on it. It's what would have happened to Pierzynski if he showed up at Mania: WWE shitting on TNA 'celebs.'

Umaga has NO RIGHT to stiff the "Jackass" stars, seeing as how they are BIGGER STARS THAN 99% of the WWE ROSTER and were PAID to PERFORM. Don't be so stupid.

In the grand pecking order of things, they're roughly about the same. Stapling your balls to yourself isn't talent it's plain retardation.

Guest NES Fanatic
Is Orton legit hurt?

Yes, I believe Randy Orton was legit hurt. I think it was his ankle. I have no idea on the severity of the injury however. From what I gather, I do not think he'll be having a leave of absence.

Is it wrong of me for wishing that the Jackass segment happen with Regal and Finlay instead of Umaga. Don't get me wrong Umaga (Jamal) will stiff the hell out of someone but imagine if Steve-o pulled that with Regal or Finlay, he would have been stretched!

To be fair, it did look pretty bad for WWE when some guy in worse shape than Spike Dudley no-sold Jamal's death offense. I can see why he was stiffing him, though the part at the end where he tried to drop him on his head was excessive.

All of it was funny, however.

Bullshit!!!! Umaga has every fucking right to stiff that asshole. Steve-o had a fucking job to do and he fucked it up and no sold Umaga's death offensive which is very dissrepectful. Aren't you in the wrestling buisness? I can't remember if it was you or someone else that said they were an annoucer for CZW, but if it was you, you should know that wrestling is a work and everyone in the ring is helping the other person get put over. Steve-o is fucking lucky that it was just Umaga who just stiffed him a little bit, if it was someone who is an actual shooter, Steve-o could have been streatched to all holy hell tonight.

Sounds like this was a good Raw. Too bad I missed most of it b/c for once I stayed with the Monday Night game. Usually I switch back & forth.

This week's Raw was good. The opening segment was crap(like I said before, DX are not funny) Cryme Tyme's debut was decent(Shazz is certainly the more talented of the duo). I also enjoyed their segment with Booker(unlike DX, Cryme Tyme ARE funny!). The fatal four way was great(good match and decent spots). I don't see the point of the stipulation for the Cyber Sunday triple threat(unless WWE unifies the championships, it serves no purpose). Fedderline sold Cena's FU well. Umaga stiffing the Jackass boys was good(plus Estrada got some microphone time, which is always good). Orton/Triple H was crap.

Overall, a decent show.

I don't really have as big of a problem with Steve-O laughing after getting his ass kicked. Keep in mind, the whole gimmick of the Jackass guys is that they they entertain themselves and the audience by seeing how much pain they can inflict on themselves. They get legitimately hurt doing a lot of their stunts, yet are still laughing about it every now and then. It's almost a defense mechanism for them.

It's not a typical sell for an attack in pro wrestling, but it also would have looked weird for these guys who have been through way worse to suddenly act like they're dead from Umaga's offense.

The Jackasses no-selling Umaga could totally kill Umaga's heat. They should've been more informed on what to do. That being said, They should never allow celebs to take bumps b/c you never know how they'll sell it. I'm reminded of Ben Stiller showing up on Raw or SD promoting his movie "Mystery Men" and he had to take a bump before being rescued by a face (I don't remember much). So, he took the bump, sold it, then was carried by the face from the ring to the back and while he did, he looked up at the crowd, smiled and did a "thumbs up" gesture, thereby killing the segment.

However, stiffing them wasn't the most professional thing to do.