TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Survivor Series Match

I find it odd that Hardy, Knox, Punk, and Helms are in this match. You'd figure it'd be guys who are main eventing right now, but maybe their saving them for other matches.

Matt fits in because he's Jeff's brother and his past with Edge. Nitro and Jeff aren't main event acts but they get in because Nitro has a connection with Edge. Jeff is another face. Punk and Knox, at least have issues with each other. Helms sticks out the most because his program with Hardy isn't a main issue and seems to have died out. They would've be better served putting Regal or Finlay in that spot.

I think you tend to believe that the WWE writers remember that far back and remember everyone's connection to one another. I think their planning was "hey all these guys are feuding, lets put them together". Plus I think having these guys in this match is a way to have other main eventers captain other teams. Kinda like Survior Series ....90?

I find it odd that Hardy, Knox, Punk, and Helms are in this match. You'd figure it'd be guys who are main eventing right now, but maybe their saving them for other matches.

Matt fits in because he's Jeff's brother and his past with Edge. Nitro and Jeff aren't main event acts but they get in because Nitro has a connection with Edge. Jeff is another face. Punk and Knox, at least have issues with each other. Helms sticks out the most because his program with Hardy isn't a main issue and seems to have died out. They would've be better served putting Regal or Finlay in that spot.

I think you tend to believe that the WWE writers remember that far back and remember everyone's connection to one another. I think their planning was "hey all these guys are feuding, lets put them together"

Edge, at least referenced his past with Matt when Jeff returned. So that part isn't far-fetched. It's more of a case of WWE wanting to do the reunion deal but it'll end up with Edge making the usual comments about it.

Damn, I was hoping for Team Sunglasses too.

It's scary how it looks like CM Punk could fit in well if they would do a stable of him and the Hardyz.

The only one who sticks out in this match is Knox.

I wonder who will call this match... will it be all the announcers? That would be pretty awful. Maybe Ross/JBL/Styles, actually change that to hopefully.

Another thing that is intriguing will be how the booking of the match will go down. I could see an elimination of Matt Hardy by Edge, followed by some screwy double elimination of Triple H and Edge. Punk takes Knox out early, but what do you do with Punk? I know they love to have Orton win every Series match so far, but this could be the type of thing Punk needs if it were to come down to him facing off with Nitro and Orton.

Wow, it's been a while since WWE announced a match that has me wondering its outcome and leaving me actually wanting to see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the countout spot with Hunter and Orton and having Edge eat a pin from Shawn with Punk going over Nitro and Knox at the end.

I don't know if you could end it with those three. I could see the crowd just crapping all over it like that Elimination Chamber that ended with Carlito, Cena, and Masters.

Damn, I was hoping for Team Sunglasses too.

It's scary how it looks like CM Punk could fit in well if they would do a stable of him and the Hardyz.

The only one who sticks out in this match is Knox.

I wonder who will call this match... will it be all the announcers? That would be pretty awful. Maybe Ross/JBL/Styles, actually change that to hopefully.

Another thing that is intriguing will be how the booking of the match will go down. I could see an elimination of Matt Hardy by Edge, followed by some screwy double elimination of Triple H and Edge. Punk takes Knox out early, but what do you do with Punk? I know they love to have Orton win every Series match so far, but this could be the type of thing Punk needs if it were to come down to him facing off with Nitro and Orton.

Wow, it's been a while since WWE announced a match that has me wondering its outcome and leaving me actually wanting to see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the countout spot with Hunter and Orton and having Edge eat a pin from Shawn with Punk going over Nitro and Knox at the end.

I don't know if you could end it with those three. I could see the crowd just crapping all over it like that Elimination Chamber that ended with Carlito, Cena, and Masters.

The show is in Philly isn't it? You'll get the Punk marks.

I think they wanted a 3 brand show, maybe theyll try even more but I doubt it, and they wanted the champs for other matches. So this is a secondary matchup and the secondary feuds on the other shows are so below the radar compared to Raw. Theyll probably due a skit where DX didnt even know Helms still worked there.

I thought that pic was a photoshop joke someone made, I didnt know it was real. It looks a standard tag match with the others as lumberjacks. Even with Hogan and Warrior as captains they never had pictures that big.

HELMS and NITRO are the only champs in this match

I was cringing thinking they were gonna do DX vs Rated RKO (stupid name) and McMahons.

They may have Punk look strong going in to the ECW ppv (for like 30 seconds)

Theyll have Matt eliminated in the first 5 minutes.

Here is YOUR SOLE SURVIVOR:

mike knox.

What i love about this match is that it is a throwback to the old-teams in that random heels and faces that don't have anything to do with each other teamed up. The other cool thing is that because the participants are so out there, chances are that you will never see this match again! Ever. And finally, I find it so cool that Punk, Helms and Nitro are main eventing.

This is awesome, if all the other matches are wacky, Survivor Series matches like this, I will gladly order the PPV and mail Titan Towers a $20 bill in appreciation.

wow...all 3 brands in 1 match

guess the DX vs. nWo rumors are dead.

They were dead when Scott Hall decided to diet on McDonalds for 8 months straight.

Would you call it ironic that CM Punk is teaming with HHH and HBK here?

Damn, I actually wanted to see the Cena / HHH / HBK Vs. Booker / Batista / Kennedy Vs. Big Show / RVD / Sabu match.

we need another Wild Card match, that one in 95 was fun.

The RAW Vs. SD match from last year was pretty much it.

There needs to be one more random match. Something like Cena/Sabu/Carlito/London/Kendrick vs. Umaga/Shelton/Test/Regal/Finlay. That could be really fun.

I was thinking about other random matches that could happen and that one is the best I think.

And after this past Monday, and seeing this match listed, it makes the heel team look much more straight.

I mean, there's the possibility for Lita, Melina AND Kelly Kelly at ringside.

Hate to repeat the same thing, but I love this match. I'd order a full card of these brand-mixed Survivor Series matches in a second. If they're doing this one, you have to figure there will be at least one more with Cena and Umaga. I'll go out on a limb and say Punk is the sole-survivor, leading to him winning the title at D2D. Of course, DX are very cheaply eliminated, with HBK being counted out, and HHH laying down after about 3 spears and an RKO.

I came up with a few other Survivor Series style matches that could be used... Granted, most of these suck.

Carlito, Cryme Time, Brian Kendrick, Paul London vs. Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, William Regal, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdock.

Kane, Boogeyman, Little Guido, Shannon Moore, Super Crazy vs. MVP, The Miz, Davari, Chris Masters, Sylvester Terkey.

Mickie James, Torrie Wilson, Jillian Hall, Ashley Massaro, Kelly Kelly vs. Lita, Melina, Krystal Marshall, Michelle McCool, Trinity.

Big Show, Test, Kevin Thorn, Hardcore Holly, Matt Striker vs. Rob Van Dam, Sabu, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney - EXTREME Survivor Series Match

I wouldn't go overboard with the wacky multiple brand elimination matches.

Just this

Cena/UMAGA-WWE Title

Batista/Booker/Finlay-World Title

Benoit/Chavo-US Title

RAW SS Match

Flair, Piper, Carlito and Cryme Tyme Vs Murdoch, Cade, Benjamin, Doane and Jeter (Jeter finally turns here)

Smackdown SS Match

Undertaker/Kane/Kendrick/London/Lashley Vs Kennedy/MVP/James+Stevens/Tatanka (or Regal)

Extreme Rules (no elimination)

TBS/Test/Striker/Holly

Vs

RVD/Sabu/Dreamer/Sandman

Lita Vs Mickie

Considering that

Booker, Batista, Benoit and Chavo

, Taker and Kennedy are all tied up in matches any other notable interbrand Smackdown involvement is limited to Lashley, Kane, Londrick, Regal, Finlay, Tatanka, and MVP. Maybe Boogeyman too.

Why not, though? Sure, have a couple of big matches outside of the elimination tags, like a World Title match or two, but why not finally give Survivor Series reason to be one of the big four PPVs? WM is the biggest card of the year, Summerslam is usually supposed to be WM-lite, and the Rumble has the Rumble match... Survivor Series for the past couple years has had a normal elimination tag or two with a forgettable card. Give it the gimmick of having wacky multiple brand elimination matches.

RAW SS Match

Flair, Piper, Carlito and Cryme Tyme Vs Murdoch, Cade, Benjamin, Doane and Jeter (Jeter finally turns here)

I haven't watched Raw or anything, so I'm wondering, why do people think Jeter's turning?

Why not, though? Sure, have a couple of big matches outside of the elimination tags, like a World Title match or two, but why not finally give Survivor Series reason to be one of the big four PPVs? WM is the biggest card of the year, Summerslam is usually supposed to be WM-lite, and the Rumble has the Rumble match... Survivor Series for the past couple years has had a normal elimination tag or two with a forgettable card. Give it the gimmick of having wacky multiple brand elimination matches.

I'd say have a WWE, World, US, and Women's title match, an all RAW classic match, an all Smackdown classic match, and DX/Hardyz/Punk vs. Edge/Orton/Nitro/Helms/Knox.

For the RAW Match, Shelton/Cade/Murdoch/Masters/Kenny vs. Carlito/Cryme Tyme/Super Crazy/Flair?

For the SD Match, Taker/Kane/London/Kendrick/Lashley vs. Kennedy/MVP/Stevens/James/Tatanka.

Then Cena vs. Umaga, Booker vs. Batista vs. Finlay, Benoit vs Chavo, and Mickie vs Lita.

RAW SS Match

I haven't watched Raw or anything, so I'm wondering, why do people think Jeter's turning?

Actually, I meant Doane would turn. Doane's been the most vocal about the slide they have been on and is the natural heel.

If they're going to do a Cena/Umaga title match, they should do it at Survivor Series. That feud will never be strong enough to carry a Raw-only PPV by itself. It would work in the midcard of a Big Four PPV though, much like Brock/Holly before. I think they should hold off on Booker/Batista though, because they do need to think about a Main Event for Armageddon. They're also going to do The Undertaker vs. Ken Kennedy and Chris Benoit vs. Chavo Guerrero. So, keeping that in mind and the fact that wwe.com said Survivor Series is scheduled to have seven matches, something like this...

Shawn Michaels/Triple H/CM Punk/Matt Hardy/Jeff Hardy

vs.

Randy Orton/Edge/Mike Knox/Johnny Nitro/Gregory Helms

Rob Van Dam/Sabu/Batista/Carlito/Bobby Lashley

vs.

Booker T/Test/The Big Show/Finlay/Chris Masters

WWE Title

John Cena

vs.

Umaga

Casket Match

The Undertaker

vs.

Ken Kennedy

WWE United States Title

Chris Benoit

vs.

Chavo Guerrero

World Tag Titles

Elimination Match

Roddy Piper/Ric Flair

vs.

Cryme Time

vs.

Spirit Squad

vs.

The Highlanders

WWE Women's Title

Hardcore Match

Lita

vs.

Mickie James

Edited by NYU

I'd order a full card of these brand-mixed Survivor Series matches in a second.

My sentiments exactly. Like someone else on this thread said, it is a throwback to SurSeries past with teams of people not necessarily with something in common. I like it, and hopefully there's another SS style match at least to go along with the rumored

Kennedy vs Taker or Booker vs Batista.

If Punk hit a Pepsi Plunge, all would be forgiven for WWE. Maybe.

Especially if HHH assisted in getting the guy up. ;)

*EDIT* That sounds so gay */EDIT*

I kinda like what WWE.com is doing with the Survivor Series page. They've got the interbrand 5-on-5 match listed, and then under it they have "Match to be announced Wednesday", then Thursday, Friday, Saturday, etc.... It's like a modern-day version of the control center on Superstars or Wrestling Challenge, where they'd announce PPV matches there.

And when was the time they had an entire card put together three weeks before a PPV?

WWE is teasing an announcement of a match involving Cena and Big Show today.

Teams captained by Cena/RVD vs Show/Umaga?

I cant believe WWE have booked a match that im actually really psyched for. Id buy the PPV just to see this match.