TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Roundtable Discussion

He is pretty average a defender. he will be there. He won't get many blocks, but he does have a knack for breaking up passes because he is freaky long. He isn't bulky enough to guard most PF and he isn't quick enough to guard alot of SF. But he will be right there when the shot goes up.

Honestly, I think he is worth a max contract. Although he is about to be 28...but besides that, i think he fits the criteria.

He is worth a max or near max contract based on the fact that he will put up his 20 points a game, isn't selfish and his defense is average. He isn't a liability necessarily but he doesn't put you ahead defensively by having him on the floor.

I'm hoping though there will be some sort of sign and trade out of loyalty to the Sonics so they get something in return and he gets more dollars/years but I doubt it.

He is worth a max or near max contract based on the fact that he will put up his 20 points a game, isn't selfish and his defense is average. He isn't a liability necessarily but he doesn't put you ahead defensively by having him on the floor.

I'm hoping though there will be some sort of sign and trade out of loyalty to the Sonics so they get something in return and he gets more dollars/years but I doubt it.

I was just about to say that this is the worst team he could sign with from the Sonics point of view. They have NOTHING in Orlando that Seattle would want or need.

And I mean NOTHING. so even if it were a sign and trade....for who?

They would probably take Darko just for kicks incase the other white wonder hurts his ass again.

So we can watch him, petro and sene try to out project each other?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/col...%26id%3d2924526

What Seattle might find more alluring is the prospect of a trade like Indiana made a year ago with the Hornets when Peja Stojakovic left. That swap gave the Pacers a $7.5 million trade exception that they turned around to acquire Al Harrington. In this case, the Sonics would get a $9.35 million trade exception (again, assuming a final cap number of $56 million) if they took nothing back from Orlando.

But this works only if Seattle can offer Orlando a little something for the trouble -- a draft pick being the most likely bait. And the trade exception might not mean as much to the Sonics as a draft choice at this point in their rebuilding process -- especially because trade exceptions can be difficult to use and expire in 12 months.

Seattle will announce PJ Carlesimo as their new head coach tommorrow.

Pacers sign Kareem Rush; he'll be at our rookie-FA camp. I really like this pickup, hopefully he ends up making the team.

We could be in the mix for Fisher. It makes a lot of sense in terms of finding the right doctors to give her the care that she needs, he's obviously familiar with the area and it wouldn't be hard to assimilate.

I would love to see Derek Fisher back. He was my favorite player when he left. Obviously he has more important things to do, but having the guy in the organization in any way would be nice.

We needed more depth at the 2, and Rush is nice insurance if Marquis Daniels has injury problems again. He doesn't bring what Daniels does defensively, but he's a very good outside shooter, which is something else we've been sorely lacking.

About Kapono, he is a great fit for the Raptors offense and style. Bosh and Ford love the screen and picks that would make great use of someone that can kill it on the perimiter like Kapono can. While he's not the athlete Colangelo was looking for, it's really a case of him being the perfect fit. He's not worth the six, but I wouldn't think Walton was worth the five either. Then again, maybe Five million ain't what it used to be as far as NBA salaries go.

We needed more depth at the 2, and Rush is nice insurance if Marquis Daniels has injury problems again. He doesn't bring what Daniels does defensively, but he's a very good outside shooter, which is something else we've been sorely lacking.

All I see everytime I have ever seen him play is a guy that offers absolutely nothing defensively, and is not really a good shooter.

At first I thought it was that Laker/Wolves game where he went off that had people fooled, but too many people think he is a decent shooter for it to be that, so maybe I am just missing it.

Kareem Rush can shoot open shots. Big whoop.

The Pacers need a player that can make those shots, so no big deal.

At a blistering 34 percent from 3.

I mean jesus, the Raptors would give you Luke Jackson for a blowpop right now. Go get him.

Grant Hill signs with the Suns for the vet minimum. great pick up.

If he plays then you have Grant freakin Hill. If he doesn't, you have a guy to stand next to Eric Piakowski and swing a towel. Plus Tamia might show up from time to time.

Great signing by the suns.

Guest Vitamin X

"Win one for Grant!"

As much as I hope Portland can put together a playoof worthy team very quickly, I really hope Phoenix can finally get over the hump and win a championship next season.

There is no other dude in the NBA I would want to see win a championship more than Grant Hill.

people talk about his injury problems, but people forget that if he had sat his ass down instead of putting up one of the ballsyest performances ever in a playoff series with a broken ankle(that he KNEW was broken) for a team that he knew he was probably leaving in a couple of months, he would have never had been in such bad shape. Thats the kind of shit every person would want out of their players. thats the kind of shit you expected out of Bird or Magic or Isaiah. to play until their limbs fell off.

Clearly Clay Bennet is doing all he can to get the Supes out of Seattle. I swear I just want to go and murder that man for pissing on 40 years of history.

Charlotte will re-sign Matt Carroll at 6 yrs/$27 million

Spurs will re-sign Matt Bonner at 3 yrs/$9 million

If he plays then you have Grant freakin Hill. If he doesn't, you have a guy to stand next to Eric Piakowski and swing a towel. Plus Tamia might show up from time to time.

that dude's still around?? :huh:

Shit, with Grant Hill gone it looks like Orlando's season is getting shittier before it even starts. I can't blame the guy for going but it sucks for Orlando.

Shit, with Grant Hill gone it looks like Orlando's season is getting shittier before it even starts. I can't blame the guy for going but it sucks for Orlando.

Well they did replace him with Rashard Lewis. Not to shabby of a replacement.

12293walker_moue_re.jpg

My knack for facial expressions was not quite as powerful as I thought when confronted by men with guns.

The Story

56058walker.jpg03082005_antoine-walker_2.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

I'm not the only one here following the NBA Summer League, am I? I know I've got special interest in it with Aldridge, Rodriguez, and of course Oden all representing the Blazers squad, but it's interesting to see how it's going. Apparently Oden had a shit first game (fouled out and only 6 points) and had a decently better second game, but there'd been reports that he's been sick ever since the draft or even before. And now..

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, the top pick of the 2007 draft, needs to have his tonsils removed and will miss the rest of the summer league, the NBA team said Tuesday.

Oden, the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year for the NCAA Tournament runner-up Buckeyes, is scheduled to have his tonsils removed in Vancouver, Washington, on Saturday.

His recovery time is expected to be between two and three weeks.

"Greg felt that this was the right decision to make in the interests of his health, and we support that decision 100 percent," Trail Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard said in a statement.

"The sooner he gets the procedure done, the sooner he can get back on the court at full strength."

Oden, a 7ft center from Ohio State, will also miss the U.S. senior national team's training camp in Las Vegas from July 20 to 22.

Hopefully that's the excuse for his underwhelming performance in the two summer league games he played.

I hear our 2nd round pick Sun Yue is pretty good.

Did this

b_2A9A583ED032ADE85D7C22AE655C9636.jpg

to Mike Conley Jr. The Lakers obviously think highly of him, they've been following his progress since last year and had planned on drafting him even if they had to move up to do it. I hear he can pass the rock well. Also, Javaris Crittenton has been pretty good.

The Lakers are finishing up a Derek Fisher deal. 3 years, 16 million. Don't like the price, but this is where Derek belongs. I swear, Laker fans are retarded. They complain about guys not being able to shoot the ball and get it in the hoop, and then we get Fisher. Where the hell is the consistency. His shooting percentage isn't that good, but the guy can provide secondary scoring and basketball sense. He doesn't get hurt. THAT IS WHAT WE NEED. I'm sick of watching our guys dribble themselves into the abyss. Our fans love the team, but they wouldn't know a basketball or how to use it if it hit them in the face. My God. I read some reactions to the possible signing and it made me sick.

Sorry for the rant, it just put me in a rotten mood to see those things.