TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dobbs 3K

The border war...

Here's a fun story. Our National Guard attacked again. Expect the mainstream media to ignore this completely. Yep, no war going on here!

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/artic...ory0104-CR.html

Guardsmen overrun at the Border

12 News

Jan. 4, 2007 02:44 PM

A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.

According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

advertisement

The Border Patrol will not say whether shots were fired. However, no Guardsmen were injured in the incident.

The Border Patrol says the incident occurred somewhere along the 120 mile section of the border between Nogales and Lukeville. The area is known as a drug corridor. Last year, 124-thousand pounds of illegal drugs were confiscated in this area.

The Border patrol says the attackers quickly retreated back into Mexico.

It will never end. Democrats are too big of pussy's to piss off the Mexicans and Republicans need the illegals to work and take care of there gardens and kids and factories. The only compromise is a guest worker program. And even that won't work. Plus, The mexican government is too courpt to fix there own country.

Bush can't take care of the Iraq war, much less the B team war of the border.

You're right.

You know what I can't wait for? KKK type groups lynching Mexicans, while crime rates in major cities go through the roof. Pretty soon government schools will be mandated to start teaching Spanish.

The '60s were so great, our government decided we should go through it again!

What are you talking about?

This report can't even decide if shots were fired.

What, were they severely yelled at?

Anyways, it's not like Mexicans are "at war" with America, they all want to COME here, come on.

Well, it says "gunmen" and says that the Guard was forced to retreat, so put 2 and 2 together.

I know they want to come here. The irony is that we treat illegal immigrants in this country much, much better than Mexico treats illegal immigrants from Central America coming into their country. Add in the fact that Mexico encourages people to illegally come to the US to support the Mexican economy, and it's a disgusting situation. But we have to pretend that Mexico is a great neighbor of the US.

I think the main people being hurt by this is the Mexican citizens who try to do it right by applying for citizenship and learning the english language. They know it is a long process but they go through it because it is the right thing to do. But they get denied some of the benefits the illegal crossers are getting and its almost like we punish them from trying to do it right.

Seems like that should be reversed, but I guess its better to reward the low wage ones than the ones following the law.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
Pretty soon government schools will be mandated to start teaching Spanish.

Is it such a horrible fate to learn to speak another language?

A lot of the hispanic gangs in America still have sources and links to Mexico and other Central American countries, and these gangs are mostly driven by the drug trade. When Illegal drugs are involved, weapons will be involved too.

Most of the people crossing the border are mexicans looking for work, but make no mistake about it that the border is also host to the drug trade and there are plenty of members of gangs on this side of the border and the other side of the border that are armed and willing to kill in order to protect their trade.....

No, but what will happen eventually is that the Southwestern United States will be like a completely separate enclave, ala Quebec, or even worse, Kosovo. Is that what we really want?

Seems like it is for the ones crossing the border.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
No, but what will happen eventually is that the Southwestern United States will be like a completely separate enclave, ala Quebec, or even worse, Kosovo. Is that what we really want?

Quebec is in no way a separate enclave, I've vacationed there a number of times and the supposed hostility towards the English is over hyped. You'd probably get as much or more hostility as a Yankee in the deep south.

Even so, do we really need to deal with that kind of situation in the US? Why can't we continue to be one unified nation, rather than kinda sorta two nations in one country?

We never were One nation. We are like a melting pot. America just needs to control the borders. If we have a fence in Mexico, We need on for Canada too. The terrorists will find a way to get through that border too.

You sound like Hillary Clinton.

There is far more traffic coming from the south than the north. Canada is at least a (mostly) willing partner in controlling traffic between the border. Mexico is not. Mexico encourages illegal traffic across the border. That is the reality. America should not have to justify its sovereignty.

We never were One nation.

What the hell are you even talking about.

Truthfully, I have no idea.

I love that during today's port situation, Fox had "middle eastern man" in quotes.

Several studies have shown that people who know more than one language outscore those who speak only one language on tests of verbal and nonverbal intelligence.

This is why study of a foreign language is a requirment for many universities, as well as being a major component of any B.A. degree.

Several studies have shown that people who know more than one language outscore those who speak only one language on tests of verbal and nonverbal intelligence.

This is why study of a foreign language is a requirment for many universities, as well as being a major component of any B.A. degree.

Not just universities, but high school too. It was a requirement to learn Spanish or French at my school.

Great. We can then applaud the intelligence of the Mexicans once they finally deign to learn English.

Well, it is the National Guard were talking about after all.

"Oh my god Sgt., they're yelling at us!"

"FALLBACK!"

Seriously though, if we cannot protect our own border, why keep such a high percentage of our armed forces overseas?

If I was playing Empire Earth, and a enemy territory sent more than 60% of their military to another spot on the map, I'd invade and take over.

I think that's more correlation than causation.

Think of it this way: I'm sure people who know basic calculus score higher on intelligence tests as well.