TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kesh

Predict-a-card: Wrestlemania 23

I think Vince can get either Hogan, Rock or Jericho to face Cena at WM.

Jericho-Cena has been done. You seem to think that Jericho is up there with Hogan and Rock, when really he isn't even close. Nobody is gonna buy the pay per view to see Jericho vs Cena, especially since we know Jericho would win..and he hasn't been gone that long either.

Jericho/Cena with Vince and Trump around it will sell enough. Its the third option, but an option none-the-less.

Its face/face when face/face is already being done in your OTHER Main Event and you cutting off your hottest fued. Plus your two hottest heels are left in the cold.

Its quite simple.

I don't get the wwe's logic when they planed Cena/HHH as a face vs. face match UNLESS they planned on turning HHH heel. Do the same program they had planned with HHH with HBK. I think the wwe is just throwing a curve to the net making up this excuse anyways. We'll see. Plus, don't people always complain that the wwe never tries anything new? Well, doing two face vs. face matches for Mania is something new. Remember all the people saying around WM 21 that the wwe would never change both titles and they ended up doing that? It's the same as HHH winning at WM 2000. It's something NEW. I'm not even sure about this Trump guy being all that good as a babyface because there are people out there who hate him too. He's sort of like Vince. Also, I don't think Bats/UT will be face vs. face. I think UT is going to have the majority of people behind him making Batista a tweener. The same with HBK/Cena somewhat. That in itself gives these matches a dynamic for Ford Field.

Its face/face when face/face is already being done in your OTHER Main Event and you cutting off your hottest fued. Plus your two hottest heels are left in the cold.

Its quite simple.

someone else, I think it was Dr. V mentioned this:

Summerslam 92-Warrior/Savage, Bret/Bulldog, HBK/Martel = face/face, face/face, heel/heel = top notch PPV, one of the best

Wrestlemania 23-HBK/Cena, Batista/UT, Edge/Orton - face/face, face/face, heel/heel = ya feel me?

well, as I said in a different thread, I'd rather see Cryme Tyme beat Edge/Orton for the titles at WM leading to the break up following the match a la Demolition vs. Colossal Connection at WM6.

well, as I said in a different thread, I'd rather see Cryme Tyme beat Edge/Orton for the titles at WM leading to the break up following the match a la Demolition vs. Colossal Connection at WM6.

There is no way both Edge and Orton should be losing at WM, especially to Cryme Tyme. If they have to lose the titles at WM, let it be to the Hardys atleast.

Why waste the #1 heel on Raw in Edge on the lame comedy act that is nothing but ripoffs of the Wayans Brothers and In Living Color? Edge is money no need to have him lose to the no talent team in Cryme Tyme when Rated RKO is to lose the tag team belts let it be to the Hardy Boys or HBK & mystery partner.

Hardyz are beyond the tag titles now, they're still officially on separate shows. Jeff is making it as a singles star again and could go farther since he's off the crack and all and behaving and such. Besides, they don't need the rub.

HBK should be gunning for the world title, not the tag titles, with his partner being gone. Oh, and everyone bitches when two main eventers hold the tag titles, why give it to another team of the same caliber?

Cryme Tyme is over just enough and, really, their win would simply serve to fuel the Edge/Orton fued...the actual title win would be overshadowed enough by the RKO split that the loss wouldn't be as harmful.

Options:

1) Hardy Boys is the only legit team in my opinion that the fans can actually care about and after about 2 months they can give the belts to MNM who can then feud with the 5-Finger-Discount-Brothers. Really how many times can Jeff Hardy battle Bischoff's intern for the IC belt? Just give the MNM boys the rub so the tag team division can finally look somewhat respectable.

2) HBK can find a mystery partner who is on the rise who actually needs the rub it can be anybody it does not matter just as long as this person looks good in the end. I would continue the DX vs Rated RKO feud leading up to the climax at Wrestlemania where all for would be involved in the Elimation Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Title, this is where I would split both teams as they all turn on each other elimating their partners.

3) Give the belt to Cryme Tyme on the next Raw in a no nothing 8 minute match and continue the comedy using the belts as props challenging mix & match teams of lowcard nobodies never being elevated beyond opening match on Raw and most likely never defending the belts on PPV ever.

The best idea would be to move King Booker to RAW to fued with John Cena.

I've seen enough Booker v. Cena matches before to never want to see another one again. Sorry.

After tonites Raw and the Rumble, this is kind of at least what I am hoping they do.

WWE Title

Cena v. Taker v. HBK (built from a Taker/HBK match at NWO that gives Michaels credibility to be in this match)

World Title

Batista v. Orton OR Batista v. Orton v. Edge

ECW Title

Lashley v. RVD v. Monte Brown v. CM Punk

Edge v. Hogan OR Umaga v. Hogan OR Khali v. Hogan

Foley w/ Trump v. Shane w/ Vince

Undercard

TLC Money in the Bank

J. Hardy v. Nitro v. Carlito v. Benoit v. Kennedy v. Rey (if healthy, otherwise MVP)

Flair v. Finley

Kane v. Booker

London/Kendrick v. WGTT (Unify tag belts, just keep them on the brand that wins them)

Mickie v. Melina, throw a couple other girls in there if you want from SD for the Woman's title

Interpromotional battle royale

That triple threat would definitely work, but how do you get Orton or Edge over to smackdown? A trade is the easy way, but how does that make smackdown look if a raw guy just jumps and gets into the Mania main event. With the RR stip you can get away with it.

Ok, I just came up with this, and I think its the most realistic, exciting WM they could have at this point.

Match 1

Finlay def. Benoit© for the US Title in 14:05

Match 2

Mickie James© def. Melina to retain the Women's Title in 5:30

Match 3

MNM def. Hardys, WGTT, and London/Kendrick in a TLC match to unify the tag team titles in 18:12

Match 4

Kane def. King Booker in 8:44

Match 5

Edge def. Randy Orton in 12:55

Match 6

RVD def. Lashley© and Hardcore Holly in an Extreme Rules Match to win the ECW Title in 9:14

Match 7

Hogan (w/ Trump) def. Khali (w/ Vince) in 2:17

Match 8

Cena© def. HBK to retain the WWE title in 35:40

Match 9

Kennedy def. Carlito, Kenny, CM Punk, Monty Brown, and MVP in a regular 6 pack challenge MITB in 12:23

Match 10

Undertaker def. Batista© to win the World Heavyweight Title in 11:25

I was flopping around a lot between which match should go on last, and whether or not Edge and Orton should make it a 4way WWE title match, with Umaga then getting on the card against Foley..but I like this the best and think it would make for a great Wrestlemania..probably the best since 17 if all the matches are good.

EDIT: I added times, its about 2 hours of matches.

heres what id like to see

Cena/HBK

Taker/Batista

Edge/Orton

Lashley/Monty Brown

Hogan with Donald Trump / Khali with Vince McMahon

Benoit/Finlay

Money in the Bank: Umaga, Carlito, Nitro, Sabu, RVD, Ken Kennedy

Hardy/somebody

and that'd be about good

maybe an interpromotional four way tag or something as well

Umaga and Flair need to take out Carlito and MVP in that MITB. No way those two make it over Umaga and Flair.

Flair should NOT be in MITB..I thought about putting in Umaga over Carlito though. MVP is perfect for the MITB match.

Would anyone mind Edge vs. Taker for the title and streak? Edge could win the title on a raw and have UT face him.

honestly, I'd prefer to see Taker Vs. Edge in a few years and have a streak Vs. streak match (thats assuming neither will lose at Mania between now and then)

Opening Match

25 Man Battle Royal

ECW: Sandman, Dreamer, Sabu, Striker, Burke, Thorn, Test and Punk (or Corvon)

Smackdown: Kane, MVP, Vito, Regal, Taylor, Helms, Chavo Guerrero, Miz

Raw: Umaga, Chris Masters, Carlito, Kenny, Cade, Murdoch, Crazy and Viscera

*Surprise return of Mysterio*

-The idea here is fairly obvious. Royale's have a history with Mania and given the large surplus of talent that won't find a spot on the show, this gives a good chance to give them a spot. Mysterio was set to return around this time and a surprise unannounced return here ala LOD at WM14 is a guaranteed huge pop and it'd start with Chavo caught in surprise and hurling himself out before Rey gets to him. Most likely to be Sabu and Sandman's farewell appearence. Kane's supposed to be leaving soon although that plan might have changed, so as a thank you, they could give Kane a win at Mania on his way out or give Mysterio a big push on his return or even put over a new talent like Punk or MVP.

United States Title

Chris Benoit Vs Finlay

-It doesn't take much to push this match. These two have had great matches in the past and they are about the same level right now. The match could go either way but a title reign for Finlay would be deserving.

Woman's Title

Melina Vs Mickie James

-Ideally, Melina doesn't exactly measure as my favorite choice for the WM program especially given how Candice and Victoria are better workers. The Victoria angle was pretty enjoyable and I wish it wasn't short lived in favor for Melina since she's the bigger heel character. Unlike last year, wouldn't expect the woman's match to be a talked about match but Mickie seems to work well in big moments, so maybe she can get something out of Melina.

TLC 4 Way

Hardys Vs MnM Vs London and Kendrick Vs W.G.T.T

-The big spotfest ladder match has become a staple for WM and in the years past it has been used to set up a #1 contender for a world title. That prospect doesn't have much ground anymore, so might as well return to the tag team TLC format that made these matches so popular and in doing so, you'd have to include the top high flying tag trams in the promotion. I'd actually have each championship represented by London and Kendrick with WGTT being the World Tag Champs (after taking it from Cena/Shawn). Cryme Tyme and WGTT do have a issue but I wouldn't put them in the match but instead give them a cameo during the match to utlilize their comedy as well as build up their program which would extend beyond WM. This wouldn't be a unification match because I think that it's not time for that. Heels typically win these matches aside from a couple exceptions but the winner here doesn't really matter as no title changes and it's really about the stuntfest.

*Diva Showcase*

-It's an annual tradition to involve the Diva's in some non-match (so to speak), so might as well take it here since it gives the crowd a chance to settle down after the previous match

Hulk Hogan w/Donald Trump Vs King Booker W/ Vince and Khali

-While I don't endorse using Hogan in any capacity beyond an appearence, he's getting a match. Might as well give that spot to someone who deserves it over a freak of nature or the boss's son. Booker and Vince make for a good pairing along with throwing Khali as Vince's bodyguard allows the comedy writers something to work with between the potential interplay with Khali and Booker. Hogan is always seen as the fan favorite and given Trump's big emphasis on "what the fans want" along with Hogan's standing, he is the right fit for Trump. The plan seems to be seperating these matches while this would merge them together and limit the suck.

ECW Championship

Extreme Rules Fatal Four Way

Lashley Vs Rob Van Dam Vs Hardcore Holly Vs CM Punk

-Lashley is horrible and should be protected by being in a multi-man match. The big support that Holly is getting boggles the mind but they do want to keep RVD in place and giving him the title match in Detroit would go a long way. The biggest question mark is the placement of the 4th man. It should be CM Punk but there's a strong chance it isn't going to be. Corvon is a Detroit native, which means they could play up the hometown factor but RVD is a Michigan born player as well. I'll keep Punk slotted in here since someone will need to carry the promos and he's the best option. Punk could be heading for a heel turn and this can be a good start for it. Expect this to be Holly's final match as well.

Street Fight

Rated RKO Vs Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels

-This might not be a popular idea with the big support for Shawn getting a title match but they really wouldn't have anything to do with R-RKO except for a heel vs heel match and that can't work. Shawn Vs Cena is a program that could have alot of legs after Mania. Save it. This would be the typical bloody street fight but it should be hot and quality as well. RRKO shouldn't split so soon as well.

World Championship

Batista Vs Ken Kennedy

-This is also a big stretch but I think it needs to be done especially with how much potential Kennedy has. Batista doesn't deserve the 'Taker match nor the streak breaking status. He wouldn't make anything out of it. Kennedy and Batista are good together and there's very few people who can make Batista look good in the ring. My idea would be that Kennedy gets closer and closer to pulling the win out with Batista getting more and more paranoid and reaching anything to keep the title. He's good with that type of attitude. Kennedy has shown signs of getting over with the crowd and it's very possible they could build this as a double turn within the match. Does that mean Kennedy wins the title here? Probably not but Batista is a stronger heel because without a major heel such as HHH, he's horrible as a face. Yes, Batista and Undertaker has already gotten slow burn build but it's not major enough to force them into the match. In fact, NWO is wide open for it.

WWE Title

John Cena Vs Undertaker

-This is the money match. Simple as that. The emphasis that Vince has on recreating that Andre/Hogan moment exists only in this match-up. Cena doesn't need the rub but he can benefit from it far greater then Batista ever would. Not only does it work for a big match level but it'd be a very good match. They worked well together but that was over 3 years ago and Cena's improved as well as Taker's history of busting ass at Mania.

Ok, I just came up with this, and I think its the most realistic, exciting WM they could have at this point.

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

MNM def. Hardys, WGTT, and London/Kendrick in a TLC match to unify the tag team titles in 18:12

Match 4

Match 5

Match 6

RVD def. Lashley© and Hardcore Holly in an Extreme Rules Match to win the ECW Title in 9:14

Match 7

Match 8

Match 9

Kennedy def. Carlito, Kenny, CM Punk, Monty Brown, and MVP in a regular 6 pack challenge MITB in 12:23

Match 10

I was flopping around a lot between which match should go on last, and whether or not Edge and Orton should make it a 4way WWE title match, with Umaga then getting on the card against Foley..but I like this the best and think it would make for a great Wrestlemania..probably the best since 17 if all the matches are good.

i dont think they will do 2 wrestlemanias in a row where benoit loses the U.S. title

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

Match 4

Match 5

Match 6

Match 7

Match 8

Match 9

Match 10

i dont think they will do 2 wrestlemanias in a row where benoit loses the U.S. title

Umm..why not? Triple H lost the WHC two years in a row..they don't care about the US title that much anyways.

I like my Taker runs the Championship Gauntlet at WM idea so much I'll post it in here as well.

Taker vs Lashley

Taker vs Batista

Taker vs Cena

The hype would be awesome because they could pan it out as "How will Taker remain Undefeated at WM..and if he does..HE WILL BE The new UNDISPUTED Champion!"

Of course, he doesnt win all 3 titles, he wins by DQ over Lashley, Pins Batista for the SD belt and then..loses to Cena..and the rules could be set up so that if someone beats Taker they get to continue on to face the next champion..or something..

Aside from the Austin years, most of my friends have not seen a WM since Wrestlemania VII

You know back then, when

Bush was president, and

and there was a war in Iraq

and Donald Trump's funny face made an appearance

Man what a bad time THAT was..

Its quite simple.

someone else, I think it was Dr. V mentioned this:

Summerslam 92-Warrior/Savage, Bret/Bulldog, HBK/Martel = face/face, face/face, heel/heel = top notch PPV, one of the best

Wrestlemania 23-HBK/Cena, Batista/UT, Edge/Orton - face/face, face/face, heel/heel = ya feel me?

Not to mention that show was the biggest house they ever had bar the WM 3 stuff(whatever the number really is).