TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kesh

Predict-a-card: Wrestlemania 23

Guest Kesh

well with about 3 months till the biggest show of the year to go some of the card is starting to take shape, what do you guys think it will look like this year at Wrestlemania

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista© vs Undertaker

WWE Title

John Cena© vs Randy Orton

ECW Title

Bobby Lashley© vs Rob VanDam

Hulk Hogan vs The "Great" Khali

Interpromotional Streetfight

Hardy Boyz vs MNM

Edge vs Shawn Michaels

Finlay vs King Booker

Money In The Bank III

Mr. Kennedy vs Chris Benoit vs CM Punk vs Sabu vs Carlito vs Shelton Benjamin

US Title

Chavo Guerrero© vs Kane

WWE Tag Title

London/Kendrick© vs Regal/Taylor

Masterlock Challenge involving some celebrity

Also maybe a Pipers Pit with McMahon or something

I think the card will probably end up looking something like that, I would think Kenny and Flair would be on there somehow as well, not really sure where they would fit on this card if this is what it ends up like

what do you guys think?

I bought 21 and actually thought it was worth the money.

In all honesty, 22 wasn't bad either, though I watched that via illegal methods.

We'll see about 23...

Guest Princess Leena

WM is always illegal fun with the Bowens.

I'll only download it if Randall wins the World Title.

That probably would be the card. However, I always love these threads at this time of year seeing what everyone would do if they were Vince Mcmahon. Would it actually be better or likely to make more money than what Vince would do is always a riot. You know, seeing stuff like Kendrick in the title match against Benoit or something(not slighting the guys or anything, but we all know that aint happening in the real world for various reasons).

Guest RayCo

If Hogan vs. Show can't happen then I hope they'll replace Show with Khali, either way Hogan vs. 'a giant' in my opinion must happen at WrestleMania.

LOLZ @ thinking the tag titles will be defended at Wrestlemania!

If it were up to me I'd book a ladder match between London and Kendrik vs Hardys vs TWGTT vs MNM for Mania with any/all tag Titles on the line.

If it were up to me I'd book a ladder match between London and Kendrik vs Hardys vs TWGTT vs MNM for Mania with any/all tag Titles on the line.

that'd be a fun match...would you do that rather than a Money in the Bank match?

that'd be a fun match...would you do that rather than a Money in the Bank match?

Without question. Although both MITB matches have been quite fun, two ladder matches on the same PPV is too much. Maybe they could book it for another show and take advantage of the gimmick.

I'd go with Cena vs. Michaels at WM. I don't think Edge or Orton at this point has enough singles heat to main event WM. Michaels/Edge has been done in the past, whereas I don't recall a flat out singles match with Cena/HBK.

I'm terrified they might put Test in the ECW title match at WM.

I think the MITB concept wouldn't work this time around because the last two times it paid off but like with Edge, whom used it to build it and delay the cash in by waiting for the best moment to strike or RVD declaring his intention right away...you can't do anything differently.

A 4 way TLC match involving WGTT/MnM/Kendrick+London/Hardyz would probably be the most explosive and spotty ladder match ever and really it seems they are building that direction. I'd keep the titles on Kendrick/London and get the other titles on WGTT and insert them with the Hardyz and MnM whom are still feuding. It'd really work if Mercury's first match back would be the TLC match considering that was the type of match that shattered his face. If he played cocky but showed he was afraid of being in the match, that would be tremendous. They could easily stretch the dissension angle between London and Kendrick out and play that up as well. I'd have Cryme Tyme involved but not in the match itself. Have them do a bit during the match by stealing the ladders and stuff away from WGTT to prevent them from winning. They like having the TLC matches on the WM card and they already have a built in story for the match and can include new players instead of slapping six mid-carders with no direction in the match like the past two years.

The card needs a big match. A match on the level of Andre/Hogan or Hogan/Warrior but they don't have that right now with the exception of Batista/Cena which gives you that WM6 vibe. Batista is a huge liability with his injury prone record and quite frankly, I don't think they can trust him to be healthy a year from now. They considered this match along with Batisa/Undertaker and it seems to me that the face/face with Cena pays off more right now. I know the arguement is that UT/Batista is limited but the Cena match can be saved. We keep assuming UT will be hanging the boots up soon but it never happens. I could easily buy UT still wrestling in three years on a limited schedule while Batista is chasing Mark Henry for "most stints on DL". I think you can establish other big matches and even save matches down the road by taking the titles off the current champions and putting Cena and Batista in the top billed match for Mania.

My push is that R-RKO can and should take those two championships. Edge winning the Rumble would be great in that he could jump to SD claiming he doesn't want to waste his streak by beating John Cena once again. Orton can just as easily be named the #1 contender by the conventional methods (probably a battle royal, giving WWE history). I'd actually set up a double title change with the heels taking the titles leading to Orton finishing the program with Shawn and Edge facing UT which I think is a better option for WWE and the fans. UT/Edge is just as much a "big match" as Batista/UT is and by doing so, you could easily save UT/Batista to sell another PPV and make more money there. I don't like the idea that UT will be involved in the World Title scene just because it becomes a political nightmare since I still don't think he'll drop the streak. Batista doesn't need it and to a lesser extent, Edge doesn't need it but he'd gain more from it then Batista right now. It might work better for Orton/Cena, Edge/Batista and give UT the usual monster (Umaga, for instance). Let's stop the Benoit pleas. It'll probably never happen, or if it does, it won't be at WM but rather a secondary PPV.

There are alot of ways to go right now but they seem dead set on Batista/UT but they have changed plans many times. I'm not saying UT/Batista is a bad decision as it would certainly appeal to the fanbase but there are other options to explore.

I don't like the idea of Hogan/Khali. What's the point of paying homage when it'll just be an obvious desperation ploy to recapture that moment. Can Hogan even lift the guy? I'd be more worried about that. The whole appeal to that match is that and if he can't do it, the fans will be let down. If he is unable to slam Khali, it does make Khali look big time but it's Khali here. How long can they carry that anyways? He doesn't have Andre's charisma or TBS's ability to sell and put a match over through effort. I think using Lashley to slam Khali provides you with the homage and puts over someone who can give the company something better for the long run.

I'm also bothered that Orton might finally get that one on one main event he was primed for the last couple years but didn't get but only to be against Cena in a program that'll likely only have 2 months behind it. I think they could get a little more out of Orton beating Shawn and finally living up to the destiny claims.

Since Khali is off ECW, it seems like they might just do a 4 Way for that title. Probably involving Test and RVD. The wild-card would be Holly, Punk or Sandman (likely Holly).

Are they really going to go with this?

Probably. They wanted Big Show so Hogan could have a 20th anniversary nostalgia match but Show is still in bad shape so they need another giant. And Khali is it.

Are they really going to go with this?

Probably. They wanted Big Show so Hogan could have a 20th anniversary nostalgia match but Show is still in bad shape so they need another giant. And Khali is it.

What about Umaga, who was conspiculously absent from that list?

Hogan/Khali does have huge trainwreck appeal.

Maybe they could make it a triple threat with the Ultimate Warrior for maximum suckitude.

I agree they need a match of Hogan/Andre or Hogan/Warrior levels. A match to make a change that lasts an age. That is why they are using Taker's winning streak. It's like Andre's winning streak heading into WM 3. I just don't think it should be Batista up against him. I agree it should be Edge because he will definitely run with it. Batista is injury prone and truth be told he hasn't been as over as he was at the time HHH put him over. So what you will about Cena, but the guy does have a strong reaction either way.

UT/Batista should happen at the Rumble and have UT take the strap. Let Edge win the Rumble. Now it would be nice to play on WM history with Orton and he could win as well which would lead to Legend Killer against Legend at Mania. Too bad he lost to Hogan already and jobbed to Taker 2 years ago(doesn't even seem that long).

However, if we must keep in the realm of what wwe will and can do Batista/Taker is still better than Batista/Cena at the moment. Cena going over Batista will kill his heat imo. If Batista wins over Cena then what? He goes back to smackdown with no title or heat to play off a smackdown guy? I have my doubts about HBK/Cena even happening, so let's assume Cena/Orton is the match because that was rumoured to happen before HHH got injured anyways. They better have RKO kill off DX next week and just let HBK go home and rest/surgery or whatever and return when HHH does. Vince won't do that though thinking of the loss of a guy like HBK. He'll keep him around to hype Mania, but that is what they could do. Then have RKO stick together and taunt Cena leaving Cena to fend off against them leading to Orton/Cena/Edge at Mania.

I would do this if I had a position at Titan Towers taking in what investors would want financially.....

WWE Title Match

DX HBK against Cena

Just play the sympathy card with HBK in his last title match doing it for his best buddy yadda yadda

World Title Match

UT/Edge

ECW Title

RVD vs Lashley

UT against Edge

MITB

Orton/CM Punk in the finish

Hulk Hogan vs. Khali(but I would push for Hogan/Austin vs. Big Show/Khali(I know that aint happening though)

WWE Tag vs. World Tag (non title)

Battle of the brands

Interpromotional

Batisa vs. Umaga

Women's title match

King's Court vs. ???

Flair vs. Kenny (some crap where they say Kenny's new Flair because that's what they are doing now)

ECW match

The 12 matches is a salute to the 12 matches that happened at Mania 3

I don't know....

Damn, I really wanted Lashley/Khali... it would have been better than a boring and dull Lashley/Test match.

I fear Hogan/Khali... Khali needs someone who can bump for him, and the guy is way too top heavy for a decent slam from Hogan... hell, Hogan might actually tear all his muscles in his back this time around going for the move. Nothing good can come from this... neither can bump, or take a move to make they other look good.

I shall be loving every second of it.

With the Tag Title thing, maybe post-pone the Money in the Bank and do a 6 way double title tag Ladder match with MNM, Hardyz,Crime Time, WGTT, London Kendrick and Regal and Taylor. I say they should combine the titles and have em on show, but even if WWE doesnt want to, fine. Repeat WM XVI and do 2 falls, one for each title.

With the Tag Title thing, maybe post-pone the Money in the Bank and do a 6 way double title tag Ladder match with MNM, Hardyz,Crime Time, WGTT, London Kendrick and Regal and Taylor. I say they should combine the titles and have em on show, but even if WWE doesnt want to, fine. Repeat WM XVI and do 2 falls, one for each title.

I think it's better to just shrink it down to the four needed teams. I explained why it's better to stick with 4 teams since it's a regular format while including two teams that aren't spot taking machines isn't neccesary. CT would work best with a skit or getting involved in the match with a "stealing" the ladders bit as opposed to being in the match itself. I know we like Regal but don't expect to see him in a match.