TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Least Professional

Akira Maeda.

And just because Anderson/Finlay ripped the Internet whore CM Punk, they are unprofessional?

It's not Invader 3 that killed Brody, It's Invader 1.

I think most of the above are unfairly maligned. There's politicking in professional wrestling of course. When I think least professional, I think someone who at least frequently takes "liberties" in the ring, or frequently no sells out of character. The wrestler has probably jumped promotions either because he frequently bails out, or the promotion simply can not handle his antics any longer.

Okay, my justification for the above:

HBK - Multiple well-documented refusals to drop title belts. Sometimes unprofessional in the ring (look at Montresor's avatar!).

HTM - Threatened to quit the WWF while still IC champion rather than drop the IC title to Randy Savage in 1988. I remember hearing something similar from when he was in WCW.

Warrior - If the DVD is to be believed, held Vince up for money before the Summerslam 91 main event.

HHH - The Booker T incident, for starters.

Hogan - OK, thinking about it, I'll take him off, because the guys who've brought him in are more at fault for giving him complete creative control in the first place.

HBK was doing goofy overselling in the Hogan match, but he at least jobbed in it. How about a match like the one vs. Shamrock at the DX PPV? He did his best to yell spots out and make it seem Shamrock had no clue what he was doing.

According to Al, someone who would be really unprofessional is Bruiser Brody. The dude went against the booking in his matches, would move from place to place since he'd wear out his welcome, etc.

I think most of the above are unfairly maligned. There's politicking in professional wrestling of course. When I think least professional, I think someone who at least frequently takes "liberties" in the ring, or frequently no sells out of character. The wrestler has probably jumped promotions either because he frequently bails out, or the promotion simply can not handle his antics any longer.

Warrior?

Warrior - If the DVD is to be believed, held Vince up for money before the Summerslam 91 main event.

The funny thing about that is Warrior did ask for more money from Vince, but it was a couple of months before Summerslam. Vince just re-wrote history to where it became just before the PPV.

I like CC's point about Hogan, the more I think about it. So I'll give the slight nod to HBK over Hulk. I'd have said HHH, but the fact he's lost clean in three straight Wrestlemania's, for me at least, keeps him off the podium.

Guest LividLiquid

Vince McMahon. - It's not about what's best for business. It's about what HE likes best.

I was just ggoing to say Saturn.

JBL gets a big nomination. I don't know how much of the backstage stuff is true, but the One Night Only stuff was nuts. Completely laughing at the show the whole time, then beating the everloving shit out of Meanie. The Meanie thing was just so petty, and shoolyard bully. Fucking asshole.

A lot of the others, i just attribute to politicking. For example, I think HHH is just a smart dude who is looking out for himself. Is he an asshole? Probably. But I don't see him beating the shit out of a jobber to teach him a lesson. Then there's guys like Warrior who are just fucking out there, believing there gimmick so much in a drug-addles fog.

Maeda and Brody definitely rank. Maeda was such a stiff, nasty motherfucker. This very quality did really contribute to one of the best matches ever: Fujinami/Maeda.

Brody's one of those guys who gets fawned over, but he really wasn't a very good wrestler, IMO. He just stiffed people like crazy. And while the story of him no-selling Luger might be funny, it's the definition of unprofessional.

Eh...I think Brody was a great big man, but he definitely gets overhyped. As far as the Luger incident, putting over Luger wouldn't have hurt Brody in the least, since he would've just gone to another territory anyway, but I guess he just wasn't in the mood. Very unprofessional.

Anyone remember an RVD/Angle match a few years ago?

RVD hits Angle with a Van Daminator kick (minus the chair) and busts Angle open hardway.

Now in Angle's defense I think it was the second time RVD did that. But Angle just loses it and head-drops RVD three times. And not like, "oh, that could have been a mistake" He dropped him sheer on his head three times... I don't even remember who won the match, but it was fucking nasty.

I'm sorry, but I'd much rather take a kick in the mush than be sheer-dropped on my head like that. I mean, that's potentially crippling.

Shawn Michaels

- Cuts a drunken promo on Raw alleging that Bret Hart has been seeing a lot of "Sunny Days lately"

- Calls out the Undertaker after Undertakers pre-taped promo has aired, knowing Taker is not in the building

- Doesn't know if he is going to job to Steve Austin at WrestleMania 14.

- Goes out on television and openly states he will not lie down for anyone in the company

- Reportedly faked an injury in order to not job the title to Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13.

- Gets Ken Shamrock to call out spots loudly on live television

- Pulls a visable temper tantrum at SummerSlam 1996

- The Curtain Call @ MSG hello!

- Overselling for Hogan at SummerSlam 2005

- Buries Hogan in a promo the night after SummerSlam 2005

He's still my fav wrestler tho.

Shawn Michaels

- Cuts a drunken promo on Raw alleging that Bret Hart has been seeing a lot of "Sunny Days lately"

- Calls out the Undertaker after Undertakers pre-taped promo has aired, knowing Taker is not in the building

- Doesn't know if he is going to job to Steve Austin at WrestleMania 14.

- Goes out on television and openly states he will not lie down for anyone in the company

- Reportedly faked an injury in order to not job the title to Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13.

- Gets Ken Shamrock to call out spots loudly on live television

- Pulls a visable temper tantrum at SummerSlam 1996

- The Curtain Call @ MSG hello!

- Overselling for Hogan at SummerSlam 2005

- Buries Hogan in a promo the night after SummerSlam 2005

He's still my fav wrestler tho.

Yes...but the curtain call doesnt bother me.