TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

I just wish they'd stop these stupid theme weeks. Latin night always sucks, country night always sucks...soon we're going to listen to black girls trying to sing rock music. Just give them song lists and let them sing what they're bestsuited for. It's not like Kelly Clarkson won and then started singing country music or Carrie started doing pop or Rueben started doing rock. The people win and then do albums suited to their singing style.

Let's say Sanjaya wins and Simon does quit like he says he would. Who would replace him? Do they go with another British guy (Like the jerk judge from So You Think You Can Dance?) or a completely different route?

If Simon leaves, I think the show is toast within a year or two. Which I guess is why so many people want Sanjaya to win.

Let's say Sanjaya wins and Simon does quit like he says he would. Who would replace him? Do they go with another British guy (Like the jerk judge from So You Think You Can Dance?) or a completely different route?

Nigel is a possibility, seeing as he is an executive producer on Idol. You can normally see him sitting in the audience to Simon's left. As long as they don't try to be a Simon clone then they'll probably fit in.

Guest Queen Leelee

If Simon leaves, I think the show is toast within a year or two. Which I guess is why so many people want Sanjaya to win.

Lolz. It's an act.

1) Simon is the reason Sanjaya is on the show, in the first place.

2) If Simon really threatened to leave, the show would be over. Thus, the results would be fixed.

Lolz. It's an act.

1) Simon is the reason Sanjaya is on the show, in the first place.

2) If Simon really threatened to leave, the show would be over. Thus, the results would be fixed.

I should have been more clear. That was really a hypothetical question, I don't think the producers will let Simon leave any time in the near future.

I bet Sanjaya lasts another 2 or 3 weeks, a month tops before he gets dumped. They might let him get a bit further than Scott whatshisface did.

I think Sanjaya should try to get into the final 4 or final 3... then quit live on the air. Immediatly release an album called "Never voted off!", start hyping himself as the "real American Idol" and "the most popular person on the show" and claim the Idol producers forced him to quit.

Guest Queen Leelee

That would be a good idea.

Too bad Chris Sligh couldn't have lasted a while, because I expected him to do something like that. Since he didn't care about winning.

I read in a recent Entertainment Weekly mag that Borat will appear on that AI Gives Back show.

Edit: Wait, am I all alone in this thread? Well that sucks. Not surprised though.

Guest Queen Leelee

Why do they do that stupid choosing thing every year.

The final two will be LaKisha/Sanjaya... heh.

oh shiiit, this could be it for Sanjaya.............. I think it could also be Lakisha, I've been expecting one of the "3 Divas" to hit the road soon, they are too similar and cannibilizing each other's votes.

Guest Queen Leelee

Sanjaya crying... aww. Either way, sucks for him because he's supposed good friends with LaKisha.

He'll survive, though.

And I really doubt Blake was bottom 3.