TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Guest Queen Leelee

They didn't eliminate anyone.

And the "shocking moment" was teasing that Jordin was the last one not to be safe.

I thought that was dickish of them, though. Letting Jordin think she got canned for a few seconds before telling her she was safe.

Marge trying to figure out the Randy hand signals had me laughing, though.

her reaction made me think she really didnt know but then again.

I knew the dusty finish was coming, they woudlnt cut someone on a "charity" night

and btw what was up with the no shows, remember when Gwen S. was on the show and they said she would be on the chairty show I dont recall seeing her there, as well as osme others who were advertised.

not that it matters. the celine/elvis duet was interesting I guess, I just kept waiting for E to turn around and say "stop butchering my song you dumb french broad " or somethin :)

wonder who would have been booted? I was thinking Lakisha or Chris R.

but if they are going to ocmbine the votes, wont that change it, I mean what if the person with the east votes last week got a whole lot more votes this week and makes it to the top 3 vote slot. then you could say if not for the charity show this person would have been cut/

but if they are going to ocmbine the votes, wont that change it, I mean what if the person with the east votes last week got a whole lot more votes this week and makes it to the top 3 vote slot. then you could say if not for the charity show this person would have been cut/

That's exactly it, although in theory we don't know for certain whether Jordin and Chris were bottom two (notice that they never said that). However perception means a lot here and it's a virtual lock now that Jordin stays on past this week since her fans will probably vote more to "keep" her in the competition. Me, I hope she goes because she seems like a Degarmo type to me, only a little less fake.

They definately did the two-night pitch to try to make Jordin the winner. SHe gave a good performance (I did like it and i said as much) but it certainly wasn't worthy of the over-the-top praise Randy gave it... and then the next night, raise your hand if you honestly think Jordin was in the bottom two?

Nah, I didn't think so either. They manufactered that whole game as a "shocking" moment - to get the Jordin voters out in full force.

They probably see Melinda as less marketable or something.

They definately did the two-night pitch to try to make Jordin the winner. SHe gave a good performance (I did like it and i said as much) but it certainly wasn't worthy of the over-the-top praise Randy gave it... and then the next night, raise your hand if you honestly think Jordin was in the bottom two?

Nah, I didn't think so either. They manufactered that whole game as a "shocking" moment - to get the Jordin voters out in full force.

They probably see Melinda as less marketable or something.

By that theory, they would have dumped Taylor instead of Daughtery last year. The best thing is to get more momentum from the show. They knew Daughtery would be a smash outside the show and wouldn't need the AI Title. Having Taylor or McPhee win would give them that title to ride. McPhee will soon land on some soap opera or as a support act on a network drama and probably go the Hudson route (though she's probably not winning a oscar soon, maybe a AVN Award if we get lucky). If they saw Jordin as the more marketable one but knew Melinda was the best talent, they'd just have Melinda win it and star in her niche like Fantasia and push Jordin as Daughtery was. Blake will have some popularity in the dance demographic since he's so keen on that genre and has even expressed more interest in producing then performing and admited to using AI as a springboard to work with talented people.

Guest Queen Leelee

True. AI really doesn't care who wins. I don't think they'd fix it unless it was special circumstances (Season 2, where Clay won, but they didn't want a possible fag winning the title.)

Besides, none of them this season are that marketable, anyway. They need all the help they can get.

Just switched to it and am now witnessing a complete butchering of You Give Love A Bad Name.

*Click*

Bon Jovi week and nobody did "Always", my favorite from him...oh well, anywho:

Phil-I thought he did well, boo to Simon on that one, I usually agree with his opinions...

Jordin-totally sucked, this might put her in the voting doghouse tomorrow

LaKisha-back to form this week, which is amazing considering she's no rocker.

Blake-you know, for once, I actually thought his beatboxing worked...plus I liked how he did part of the song with mor eof an R&B pop flavor.

Chris-eh he was okay, but he's a goner tomorrow, for sure.

Melinda-not her best, but she's still the hands on favorite so she can afford a setback at this point.

Well, I guess I'm the only one who loved Blake's performance.

I'm putting it up there with Bo's song from the Finale when he sang without music as my favorite Idol performance ever. First time I EVER rewound my DVR to watch a song again.

Phil was second.

Everyone else way behind.

Guest Queen Leelee

I didn't watch, and don't plan to since I'm furious due to the Sabres' bullshit performance.

Ortonsault: Soon to be ESPN Draft Expert will have to catch me up on things.

Well, I guess I'm the only one who loved Blake's performance.

I'm putting it up there with Bo's song from the Finale when he sang without music as my favorite Idol performance ever. First time I EVER rewound my DVR to watch a song again.

Phil was second.

Everyone else way behind.

No, I really liked it, too.

Blake's was really bizarre and I didn't like it very much, but I'm not going to get too carried away here. Hell, he tinkered with a Bon Jovi song that's pretty lightweight anyway. Not like he did that beatboxing crap with Stairway to Heaven, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Iron Man, etc.

I have a new respect for Bon Jovi after tonight since everyone was fairly cringe worthy. It may not happen but Jordin should be toast after that horrendous outing tonight doing Livin on a Prayer. Richardson is likely gone as well.

Dare I say Phil may have been the best tonight? He was the closest to being right for the material at any rate.

Just wanted to say I loved Blake's performance as well. And I agree with Mik that it was not only great, but up there with the best performances in the show's history. Very original, and very well done.

What Blake did was ok, I'm just not sure I'm ok with the song he used. I am a Bon Jovi fan, especially the Slippery When Wet album so I was really hopeing that album would be drawn upon.

I'm just kind of 'eh' either way on it.

Dare I say Phil may have been the best tonight? He was the closest to being right for the material at any rate.

yeah, I agree...like I said, I think SImon was way wrong on this one, for once.

I liked Phil the best by far (of course it probably helped that he did one of my favorite Jon Bon songs).

Thought Blake was creative and Melinda was pretty good.

Didn't like the rest that much and thought Jordan was terrible. She took a giant leap backwards with that one.

Plus, how can no one do "I'll be there for you" or "Lay your hands on me"? Booooo.