TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Dare I say Phil may have been the best tonight? He was the closest to being right for the material at any rate.

yeah, I agree...like I said, I think SImon was way wrong on this one, for once.

Phil was kinda... Phil. By the end I didn't remember what he did, and that is probably not a good thing.

Bad song choice + no passion + admitting you sang like shit + last week's shenanigans = Jordin safe. Simon was pimping her even after slamming her.

Blake... Simon got it exactly right. Guy's got a huge set of bollocks. Personally I thought it was great, but I can see where the hate is coming from.

My opinion of Phil has completely changed from country week on.

I thought he was a joke up until then and I couldn't understand how he even made it to voting. (Except the week he did The Police - that also rocked).

But from then on he's been at or near the top of my list. Last night I put him 2nd behind Blake. He did a great version of Blaze of Glory. Totally in the zone and perfect voice for this kind of song. He's gonna get a record, I think. Probably country, but whatever. Good for him.

there's something seroiously wrong if melinda doesn't win this competition, she's so clearly the best singer, it's not even close. After all the self-rightous "it's a singgging competition, its about their voices not entertainment" stuff during the sanjaya episode, lets see ppl put their money where their mouth is.

the sad thing is that she won't sell much, at least not outside of the R&B crowd.

Yeah, but I think as far as 19 Entertainment is concerned, the album is secondary to the show itself. They're probably in the red from Taylor and Katherine's albums, but it doesn't matter because they made a mint off of sponsorships, ratings et al. Not to mention Daughtry's album.

Guest Queen Leelee

Melinda won't sell at all. While she's the best on this show by far, there's tons of background singers who sound just like her.

Blake now goes on my shit list with Timberfake. That was TERRIBLE. Absolutely butchered that Bon Jovi which I kinda like for some reason. Fuck him and his gimmicky shit. And that fake British accent he adds in his singing. Fucking hippie.

the sad thing is that she won't sell much, at least not outside of the R&B crowd.

Yeah, but I think as far as 19 Entertainment is concerned, the album is secondary to the show itself. They're probably in the red from Taylor and Katherine's albums, but it doesn't matter because they made a mint off of sponsorships, ratings et al. Not to mention Daughtry's album.

Oh yeah record sales probably mean very very little to the American Idol folks. The amount of money they make from sales is a drop in the ocean compared to the money from the show. Hell, nobody makes a significant amount of money in the shell of a business that the record industry has fallen to these days.

Still, in the long term if AI people do poorly after the show it could hurt the perception of the show.

Blake now goes on my shit list with Timberfake. That was TERRIBLE. Absolutely butchered that Bon Jovi which I kinda like for some reason. Fuck him and his gimmicky shit. And that fake British accent he adds in his singing. Fucking hippie.

:wub:

Just tuned in. Who the hell was the guy singing "Lost Without You" or whatever it was? I've forgotten it now, but the falsetto he sang in was excruciating -- like something from a freak audition.

Goodbye Phil. Hardly knew ya. Hardly cared, either. I actually thought he would leave this week; 'Blaze of Glory' is just one of those ironic songs, like whatever Gina sang before she left, that AI seems to love this season.

Blake: The Great White Hope. Can't help but think he might win this thing, or at the very least make the finals and lose to Melinda perhaps. These black chicks will all be fighting for that same piece of the pie.

Wow. This is basically the 2nd straight week I pretty much ignored AI. Glad to see those two guys left. Blake has a direct track to the finals now. It's between LaKisha and Jordin next week. What's the theme?

"Boogie Week" featuring...Barry Gibb? One of the Gibbs. Should be smooth sailing for Blake. I actually think Jordin might be in trouble, as Melinda and Lakisha both pull off "sassy" much better, and sound a little more mature.

"Boogie Week" featuring...Barry Gibb? One of the Gibbs. Should be smooth sailing for Blake. I actually think Jordin might be in trouble, as Melinda and Lakisha both pull off "sassy" much better, and sound a little more mature.

Boogie week? Well, maybe Jimmy Fallon and JT will show up...

My opinion of Phil has completely changed from country week on.

I thought he was a joke up until then and I couldn't understand how he even made it to voting. (Except the week he did The Police - that also rocked).

But from then on he's been at or near the top of my list. Last night I put him 2nd behind Blake. He did a great version of Blaze of Glory. Totally in the zone and perfect voice for this kind of song. He's gonna get a record, I think. Probably country, but whatever. Good for him.

yea, I agree, though I liked him since his audition, hes way better than Lakisha , who to me is nothing more than an average singer, not horrible, but not really fantastic either (though this week she was much better than as of late), but clearly simon wanted phil off recently. 'Now Im thinking for Jordin or Melinda, though Blake could have a decent career since he has a different sound. Chris R im not too sad to see go, but I dont hate him or anything.

I wonder if this "combining the votes" thing caused this to happen

anyhow cheers to you Phil and good luck

oh man now Chris is gone, maybe he could have done an impression of Justin Timberlake doing his Gibb impression from SNL :)

should be interesting

Wow, everyone is sucking tonight; not really any favorable judge opinions so far. Have to agree with them on Blake, though. The falsetto "Ohhhh" was really bad.

Guest Queen Leelee

Could it be any more obvious that they want Jordin to win. Geez.

Guest Queen Leelee

And Blake is going to survive after sucking donkey dick in both songs. I need to stop watching this.

Guest Queen Leelee

You know, I think Jordin is 17!

17! 17! 17! 17! 17!

OMGWTFBBQ17!

Randy and Paula get all the time in the world to critique...Simon gets cut off...makes perfect sense.

The appeal of Simon is a snap comment and the resulting "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" reaction. If he just rambled, he'd actually back his comments up.

Blake should be gone since he blew a niche that was hand-made for him but I'm expecting LaKisha to walk out.

Guest Queen Leelee

This thread has really died since the Universe of Sanjaya was eschewed.