TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

OAO 2007 Royal Rumble Thread.

Why couldn't this be discussed in the Royal Rumble thread? Another thread seems pointless.

pretty much.

And do what with Batista at that point? I say let UT get his last title win at WM. I know they might thinking having Cena end his streak would give Cena the ultimate rub, but it would blatantly backfire and everyone would hate Cena forever and think he was a joke.

Hell, I say let Michaels and UT get one last run.

Instead of doing Batista/Undertaker, I'd just have Batista drop the title to Edge thanks to Orton. This would lead to Edge Vs Undertaker with the idea of streak vs streak. Edge/Taker would be a pretty good match as well. In turn, you'd set up Batista against Orton, with that match you make that the McMahon/Trump program. Batista being the good looking big man with style would be better for Trump's image then a old dancing man in leather pants and Orton fits with McMahon's sleazy persona. That would leave Cena/Michaels for that Rock/Austin type main event. Just more to work with and much better end result with that set up.

Let me type slowly so you understand . . .

Edge > > > RAW

Orton > > > RAW

Batista > > > SD

UT > > > SD

How do you get to Edge/UT and Orton/Batista? And how does the latter equate to McMahon/Trump.

Fair enough, UT can jump to RAW, but how would Batista get to RAW, cause I cant see Orton jumping again.

Dont over analyse.

I thought it was funny when Khali was in the ring that everybody was conveniently taking a nap in the corners but the second that Undertaker threw him out they all got back up like nothing happened. And I had the impression that the Sandman got elimated early due to him being drunk and it looked like the Miz entered and exited the rumble as fast as Bushwacker Luke.

Like no one has ever jumped, or they've never done cross-brand matches at WM? (Orton vs. UT two years ago is a prime example of a RAW guy calling out a Smackdown guy to make a name for himself/start a feud).

They could do something where Orton grows increasingly wary of Edge, and Edge jumps to Smackdown where "the grass is greener" (maybe a hint at Batista being a weak champ and Edge being able to carry things). Orton jumps WITH him, following him there and calling him a punk for breaking up Rated RKO without telling him. From there, you can work the tension between Orton/Edge and UT/Batista into a four way deal (like Orton trying to advise Edge against UT, and Edge can mock him for never beating him).

It's unlikely, but it's not like Hawk's idea could never, ever happen.

Its not like there is a brand split where there are "exclusives" people been jumping to other shows back and for forever now I seem to remember everyone and their manager getting title show for the ECW championship then they just said fuck it this brand is dead lets give it to Bobby and let's watch him self destruct on cable tv. How many times have they been doing the MNM vs Hardys "no really this is the last time reunion matches"?

Like no one has ever jumped, or they've never done cross-brand matches at WM? (Orton vs. UT two years ago is a prime example of a RAW guy calling out a Smackdown guy to make a name for himself/start a feud).

They could do something where Orton grows increasingly wary of Edge, and Edge jumps to Smackdown where "the grass is greener" (maybe a hint at Batista being a weak champ and Edge being able to carry things). Orton jumps WITH him, following him there and calling him a punk for breaking up Rated RKO without telling him. From there, you can work the tension between Orton/Edge and UT/Batista into a four way deal (like Orton trying to advise Edge against UT, and Edge can mock him for never beating him).

That means 2 things:

1. That leaves RAW very short and the draft lottery is after WM.

2. Your implying that Edge and Orton jump, and then Edge beats Batista (and this happens within 2 months).

No. There was no lottery in 06.

There was one in 04 and 05

My bad. That was in 05.

EDIT: Shows how I havent been watching the WWE consistently.

That means 2 things:

2. Your implying that Edge and Orton jump, and then Edge beats Batista (and this happens within 2 months).

You could easily have someone like Kennedy jump into an uppercard/main event role on RAW. He's already feueded with Batista and Undertaker, there's not much more to go on. And if Booker jumped as well, that plugs him easily into the slot against Michaels.

That means 2 things:

You could easily have someone like Kennedy jump into an uppercard/main event role on RAW. He's already feueded with Batista and Undertaker, there's not much more to go on. And if Booker jumped as well, that plugs him easily into the slot against Michaels.

EDIT: I didnt KNOW that Russo was working for the WWE again. Thought it was working for TNA.

Two years in a row I predicted the winner of the rumble.

Two years in a row the winner was pretty much announced/known months before...

I think '99 was the only time in the last ten years that I didn't know who was winning at least a month before.

How on Earth is that a "Russo angle". Given WWE's lack of explanation for people jumping brands (oh, their contract was up!) or not explaining it at all, it's plausible. As stated, UNLIKELY, but plausible. To say that's a Russo angle makes no sense. A Russo angle would call for Booker jumping to RAW to go after Michaels for not saving him from a mugger when they grew up together on the mean streets of Texas.

Wrestling-wise, Batista is the Hogan of WWE, having defeated Cena in their only confrontation at the Rumble in '05, and thus far never having lost the World Title to anyone. Taker's their Andre, with an undefeated streak, and a mega popular babyface. I can't wait for this match, it's so money, the definate main event of the show, and an unpredictable dream match. Great job WWE, your 2007 has thus far been very good.

Dont over analyse.

You're the one overanalyzing. Believe me man, worrying about brand affiliation is OVERANALYZING to the fullest degree.

The WWE hasn't enforced strict brand split "rules" in years. In the past couple of years countless wrestlers have jumped from show to show with no plausable explanation, either for one shot appearances, short programs, or to go to the show fulltime. Orton showed up on RAW after his suspension with no kayfabe reason ever given, when they were pusing the RAW v. SD feud for the 05 Survivor Series guys were all over both shows, Big Show and Kane especially, when ECW started all kinds of RAW/SD guys showed up there randomly, more recently the Hardys and MNM have been on both shows with no explanation.

Suffice to say, I and everyone else have lost count of the number of times the "rules" circa. 2002 have been broken, and anyone who once cared about that sort of thing already got the complaints out of their system. If you want to say, "man, I wish the WWE did a better job with the brand split" fine, but don't shoot down what, given the WWE's track record, is as plausible a booking idea as any, based on arbitrary rules that the WWE itself hasn't obeyed in years.

I didn't like that they announced all 30 guys a head of time. Part of the fun of the Rumble has always been the possibility of a suprise debut or something fun like the Brawler or Doink coming out.

Exactly. That's one of the things i look forward to. But i guess with all the old guys coming out for Flair, they had used up all their old WWF guys.

I can't believe they are still thinking of having Batista end the streak. That might seriously be the single worst booking decision of all time if they actually go through with it. Especially if they just put the belt on UT down the road anyway, which they'd have to do to get him to job at WM. What would Batista really get out of the win if he inevitably just jobs anyway? It's pointless.

Exactly. Like you said earlier, they should put the belts on Taker and HBK. I don't give a fuck if they're old or whatever.

I didn't like that they announced all 30 guys a head of time. Part of the fun of the Rumble has always been the possibility of a suprise debut or something fun like the Brawler or Doink coming out.

Exactly. That's one of the things i look forward to. But i guess with all the old guys coming out for Flair, they had used up all their old WWF guys.

Well, back in the old days they'd announce everyone before hand.

If only the had Vince McMahon announcing all 30 entrants during the opening video like the old shows.

Why would it be funny if 'Taker blew his knee out and WWE had to scramble to change the card? You're a fucking idiot.

Because the injuries over the past couple years have screwed up major storylines and PPV's in WWE. Although Undertaker doesn't wrestle much on Smackdown, so there's a slim chance of that happening.

Might as well keep it in this thread, since it pertains to Rumble fallout and the WM lineup, but apparently a major change has or is about to go down regarding Cena's match (which as of this past week was rumored to be Edge vs. Orton vs. Cena for the belt).

Was the Test burial as bad as Meltzer made it seem on his match by match coverage?

Burial might be too strong a word, but they didn't make him look good by having him walk out like a coward and still get dragged back in to get beaten up.

Kennedy worked hard to get something out of Batista, but the match was still only decent. The ECW title match was completely lifeless. Cena and Umaga had a great match. The Rumble was pretty slow until the last ten minutes and then it picked up a lot. I wouldn't have had Undertaker win by throwing Shawn out, because I think that hurt the pop Undertaker got for winning. It's telling that JR wasn't announcing the Rumble. And Chris Master's must have pissed in someone's cornflakes if he got eliminated by RVD.

Was the Test burial as bad as Meltzer made it seem on his match by match coverage?

It was very, very bad, yes.

Anything that Test had going for himself, no matter how little, then it has all been destroyed now after what happened on the PPV. It isn't like they just had Test walk off like a cowardly heel. They had him simply "bumped" out of the ring, he got up at the count of 7 or 8 and was right next to the ring, but they had him walk away just for the hell of it, turning his back on the title that he seemingly wanted so badly. Then, after he was counted out, they had Lashley bring him back in the ring and destroy him anyway.