TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM All-Time Baseball Tournament

The idea here is simple. I'm running a baseball sim on my computer, but instead of picking the teams myself, I'm looking for help. I'm asking each poster to select a team. First come first served, no repeats. No teams from the same franchise within five years of each other, and post-1900 teams only. You can choose to be represented by an all-time great team like the '98 Yankees, a memorable team like the '59 Go-Go White Sox, or maybe even an awful team like the '62 Mets. So take your picks, and hopefully we'll have some fun with this.

I could easily pick the 69 or 70 Orioles..but I want to pick a team that I was at least alive for, so either 83 or 97..

83 won the world series, 97 went wire to wire to be the last team not the Yankees to win the AL East but then jobbed out to the Indians..

In a pickem..I take the 97 Orioles...they'll probably get jobbed out this time too.

In a pickem..I take the 97 Orioles...they'll probably get jobbed out this time too.

Darn, that would have been my pick! I could go with one of the powerhouse teams from the 60s or 70s, but instead I'll go for something more interesting: The 1989 "Why Not?" Orioles. 1 win short of the playoffs coming off the worst season in franchise history.

Guest Smues

95 Braves

I'm thinking I possibly should have picked the 98 Braves, but gotta go with the team that won.

1990 Oakland A's

Embarassing sweep at the hands of the Reds in the Series but were like the late-90's Yankees in that they acquired Harold Baines and Willie McGee near the end of the season not because they needed them but rather because they could.