alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Round 1

:lol:

Man this Oakland v. Barkeley feud is great

TNT shows the Golden Gate Bridge

Barkeley:"Thank God they got that bridge so they can get the hell outta town!"

"They're Luckiest Team in the League" after showing Baron's half court shot

Barkley has always been a great heel.

They need to start doubling Howard as he's the only Mav hurting them offensively this entire series. It was huge that Baron got through the half without picking up his third foul.

alf, cheer up I'm sure Jackson will get arrested again the in the offseason. Even Artest was at the game tonight, jeez.

Great, great game. Never in my wildest dreams would I think they would be up 3-1.

Honestly, as soon as Baron Davis made the half-court shot, I knew Dallas was going to lose tonight. The Warriors have been coming out with fire every game while the Mavs have looked tentative and scared.

There was a bright spot though in the last 30 seconds: Dirk making those two late threes. All series he's been hesitating to shoot the ball and not been involved in the offense and it's been absolutely killing Dallas. Hopefully, those shots will remind him then when he just starts jacking up shots, most of them go in. If Dirk comes out firing the next three games, I think Dallas still has a very, very good chance to win the series. If he plays anything like he did the first four games though, Golden State can start selling tickets for the second round.

At halftime of Game 2 he said the Mavericks would win four straight and it went from there. But Barkley knows what he's doing, it makes great television.

You know I pretty much always feel that the best record doesn't win the whole thing (i tried to ignore that trend last year with my pistons but it still held true). It seriously NEVER happens, not detroit last year not miami the year before not Indiana or minnesota the year before that. But I never expected it to happen in the 1st round!

Boy....I know they do MVP voting at the end of the season...I think Dirk's Winning...But boy by looking at him and Nash in this first round....Someone is gonna want their votes back

I think this series will be decided in Game 6. I don't see Golden State getting another victory in Dallas and they are going to have to capitalize on this home court advantage they now have in Game 6 to end the series. If Dallas can win Game 6 then they'll make the next round where they will "luck out" by getting to play the Utah-Houston winner who will also be coming off a long series.

He said that Dallas would win four in a row after losing Game 1, and the Oakland fans went all Patriot fans on him. They showed about 10 anti-Barkley signs in the crowd before the game, then at halftime, he was wearing the jersey.

I wouldn't have any problem at all cheering for Golden State if Jackson wasn't there, and if I knew everyone wasn't going to tear us apart forever for the trade. It's so maddening watching him in this series, because he was missing ALL those open threes he was getting tonight against New Jersey last year, and it pretty much singlehandedly cost us that series. Which Reggie obviously didn't watch, because he labeled Stephen Jackson a great defender. Vince Carter averaged 30 a game in that series.

It's OK, though. We're talking Stephen Jackson. In Oakland. That can't end well for anyone.

This series is probably over in 6, but if Dallas does somehow get it to a Game 7, they won't lose. I'd bet money on that.

Just for the record, did anyone else besides me pick Golden state?

Ripper - hopes one correct prediction makes people forget the 200 wrong ones.

Just for the record, did anyone else besides me pick Golden state?

Ripper - hopes one correct prediction makes people forget the 200 wrong ones.

I did

EDIT: Looks like the people that are more familiar with the Pacific Division picked the Warriors

You know, I was thinking about this just before the playoffs started...I don't think anyone in the league, between national (TV) and print media, takes more shit for having a bad game than Dirk does. But, he's done pretty much everything to earn it in this series. He's getting his points, but you never really feel like he's doing anthing, and he's not being aggressive at all. He especially needs to quit deferring to Jason Terry, because he's sucked throughout this whole series except for parts of game 2, and pretty much flushed Stackhouse's terrific effort down the shitter with his boneheaded turnover at the end. I did like that on the next inbounds, he started to throw it to Terry, then stopped as if to say "fuck that" and threw it to Harris instead. Yeah, I'm still mad at Terry for losing me money on the finals last year.