TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Round 1

That post I made in the NBA awards thread...I take it back if Dallas wins this series.

wow what an epic chokejob

So the best team in the league blows a 21 point lead and has to eek out a win to keep their season alive on their home floor and the Warriors are the one that choked? Ooookaaay.

Mavs are very fotunate to have their season still alive.

Golden State just got too nervous at the end of this game. They got into the habit of killing too much clock and not getting quality shots and their decision to keep jacking some three's when they were only down by one late in the game also didn't aid their cause. I think this game is gonna give Dallas some extra momentum going into Golden State but that game will be the Warrior's last stand so they had better win if they want to go to round 2.

J-Rich just hit a three to put GS up 109-103. I'm gonna say it: Dallas is done. Golden State goes to the next round and as a result, the San Antonio Spurs have are going to the Finals.

Nevermind....

Ha. Hit the showers, Stephen Jackass.

There's the MVP chants. Now if we can get him to play like that for 48 minutes instead of 2, Dallas will be alright.

I know the Golden State crowd is going to be absolutley nuclear for Game 6. If the Warriors can utilize that 6th man like they did in Games 3 & 4 Dallas might be in a bit of trouble. Charles Barkley must be happy about this new development.

wow. what a game. poor golden state, they had em. they HAD em, they were essentially beaten. Baron Davis shoulda just drove and shot. Everytime he's taken a shot in that 4th, good things have happened.

I'm really bummed - I thought I was about to see HISTORY! le sigh.

I know you hate steven Jackson but that was complete bullshit that he got two quick techs for clapping.

Big win for the Mavs and some big shots for Dirk, but I expected them to win this game. A couple of horrid calls on the Warriors at the end but what really cost them was holding the ball and not keeping the pace pushed. That is how you play and they were double teaming your only halfcourt threat.

Guest Queen Leelee

Hey, my post was deleted.

Meh, the Suns will squash whoever wins this.

Sooo where was the MVP the other 21 minutes of the second half? Hey I give him credit for hitting those two threes but it was partly his the fault the Mavs didn't have this game salted away long before the end. The Warriors stepped on the Mavs throat in Game 3 when they had a big first half lead, but Dallas couldn't do it here.

Seriously the Warriors should and will be supremely confident going into Game 6.

We need a crane to get iggy off of Dirk's dick.

Patience. We've got to get everyone else off Baron's first.

I agree that the "We are all Nowtiznesses" thing sounds better. But this picture just looked so fucking cool that I had to post it.

Anyway, great win for the Mavs tonight, but they are going to have to play a little better to get the win in Oakland. They need to stop leaving the shooters every time someone penetrates because Golden State's hitting everything from the outside, and they need Dirk to attack the whole game instead of just the first 10 minutes and the last three. If that happens, they should have no trouble dispatching of Golden State.

Both games tonight were pretty similar

The 3-win teams played better the majority of the game, but they each had shite first quarters that put them in a big hole and then faltered on their last possession.

NJ definitely ends Toronto's season on Friday. While GS winning is less likely, they still have the edge over Dallas. Really, all Dallas did tonight was beat GS at their own game, and that isn't likely to happen again, especially in Oakland.

I wish I could get a .gif of Sarunas Jasikevicius on the bench after the alley-oop to J-Rich.

Guest Queen Leelee
I agree that the "We are all Nowtiznesses" thing sounds better.

What. That's still stupid.

Once again, i am stressing this, Golden State is the better team in this matchup. While I do expect Dallas to somehow pull out game 6 (I am looking at the NBA officials LOVE of game 7's here) I still just don't think Dallas can beat this team 3 times in a row.

I would like to point out that it was a great show of common sense by Steven Jackson to just leave after getting tossed and ignoring how incredibly ridiculous it was. Thats how you leave the court.

Nice to know that I'm not alone. One series will not make me forget his time with the Hornets.

Nice to know that I'm not alone. One series will not make me forget his time with the Hornets.

Baron was a great play-off perfomer with the Hornets

He went crazy against the Magic one year. T-Mac even mentioned it today on PTI

Baron and Wade had an awesome seven game shoot-out during Wade's rookie year.

I think he's referring to how Baron forced his way out of New Orleans much the same way Carter did in Toronto.

That, and the fact that Baron was a complete cancer in the room before this season. He's always been a trade target, and with good reason. One season does not change the fact that he's only approached his near 44% shooting percentage one other time, his second season in the league. He's a shitty 3 point shooter, and a shitty free throw shooter.

Classic case of all talent and no drive. This series has been a rare exception.

Also, he most certainly did not kill the Magic. McGrady is full of shit on this one. Here are his shooting percentages for that series, starting with game 1.

They won that series in spite of him, by getting the ball to Elden Campbell, Jamaal Magloire and PJ Brown on the blocks. Doesn't hurt that David Wesley was extremely efficient. In their wins, Baron made 9, 10 and 12 shots. Shot 37.8% over the whole series! That's his playoff profile in a nutshell.