TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TUF VI: Welterweights

Eh, something about a hurt rib. Was hampering his breathing and he said that his not being able to breath correctly took him out of whatever game plan he had and he couldn't fight properly.

Matt Arroyo broke his rib.

Someone please try to tell me that Hughes was more happy for his fighters than he was for himself after they won. I don't think you can.

And holy fuck, George got knocked the FUCK OUT. His eyes rolled back and he had no clue where he was. I don't like Tommy - too much, "Aw shucks, I'm a big dumb country boy but golly I'm mighty strong" for my liking. I can't believe it, but I'll probably be cheering for Mac on Saturday.

I can't believe Tommy Speers is only 22, this guy has a VERY bright future ahead of him.

The full card is set, and here it is...

Main Card

Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta

Mac Danzig vs. Tommy Speer

Jon Koppenhaver vs. Jared Rollins

Billy Miles vs. George Sotiropoulous

Preliminary Fights

Dan Barrera vs. Ben Saunders (possible swing bout)

Matt Arroyo vs. John Kolosci

Richie Hightower vs. Troy Mandaloniz

Roman Mitichyan vs. Dorian Price

Paul Georgieff vs. Jonathan Goulet

I'd rather see Barrera/Saunders make TV instead of George/Billy, George should easily beat Billy. Where as Barrera/Saunders had a great fight before, don't see no reason why it won't be again.

And holy fuck, George got knocked the FUCK OUT. His eyes rolled back and he had no clue where he was. I don't like Tommy - too much, "Aw shucks, I'm a big dumb country boy but golly I'm mighty strong" for my liking. I can't believe it, but I'll probably be cheering for Mac on Saturday.

I don't see no reason to dislike him...

He's young, has a shitload of potential, and humble. He's great for the sport. Atleast he doesn't talk down on other fighters like another farmboy.

I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm glad he'll be fighting for hopefully a long career. Doesn't mean I have to want him to win.

This Saturday marks the end of an era as it will be the last time we see Big John McCarthy reffing a UFC event. He'll still be active in the fight game working as an analyst for The Fight Network but Guida/Huerta will be the last time we'll hear "Let's get it on!" in a UFC octagon. Kinda sad, actually. It's going to be weird seeing Herb Dean or Yves Lavigne reffing Chuck/Wanderlei or Hughes/GSP.

Danzig has already said that regardless of whether he wins or loses he's dropping to 155 which makes perfect sense. Any of the UFC's top five fighters would likely house him pretty badly.

Danzig has already said that regardless of whether he wins or loses he's dropping to 155 which makes perfect sense. Any of the UFC's top five fighters would likely house him pretty badly.

Well considering he was the KOTC Lightweight Champion, it was pretty obivous this would happen. I'm wondering if he even tried out for TUF5, because he would've be another good fighter on a stacked season.

Does that mean that the fight I have been clamoring for will finally happen?

I hope so

A major problem I have with TUF: Fighters winning, etc. and dropping down weight classes. They should only use fighters who plan on fighting at that weight in the UFC for at least one year. That should be a stipulation. ESPECIALLY next season when they NEED MWs. If any of the successful fighters drop to WW, consider it another disaster.

Yeah, I have the same anticipation for the Hatton fight as I did the DLH fight (which is, like "I really, really, really, need to see this fight"), but I assured myself that Mayweather would dance around for a UD and that the fight would not be worth getting. Hatton is a bit more of a wildcard than DLH, but I think Mayweather will be too allusive for anything substantial to happen. I hope I am wrong, but that hope ain't enough to miss Guida vs. Huerta (and certainly not enough to pay boxing ppv $$$ for). If anything good happens, it should be on Youtube by the time I get home :)

Man I will most likely have to record this. I can't miss Hatton/Mayweather.

This fight has a lot of hype, but I think it will be lacklustre. I think Floyd is just going to outpoint Ricky "Hit and Hold" Hatton to win a UD by a WIDE margin.

I think Mayweather stops Hatton on cuts, Hatton cuts easily. He will take a lot of punches. My uncle also calls Ricky, "Hit and Hold" Hatton, hilarous. I've been watching Mayweather since 1998, and haven't missed a fight of his since he knocked out Genaro Hernedez. I understand casual fans don't enjoy Floyd fights, but you got to really understand the science of boxing to appreciate Floyd's skills. Then again Pernell Whitaker and Bernard Hopkins are my all time favorite boxers, and they don't have a crowd pleasing style.

Knocked out by a jab, ftw.

Did anyone else catch Mazzagatti macking on the ring girls and then running away when they put the camera on them? I think it was during George/Billy.

Fucking awesome fight.

Puddles of blood. Strikes galore. I thought War Machine was done after that borderline knee to a downed opponent, but then he just hit that switch and pounded out the win.

Wow. I wasn't expecting such an awesome fight out of those two.

Awesome, awesome show. I think I'm going to go create Huerta and Guida in FPR and watch them beat the shit out of each other again.

Also, it's good that they are revamping the show next season; the format is just too played out to really be interesting after 6 seasons.

Huerta is fucking tremendous. All credit in the world to Guida, but this is what MMA is. It's great to see Anderson Silva completely run house on the middleweights but the life and breath of MMA is seeing guys down only to have them get the fuck back up. Easily my favourite fighter of 2007: Roger Huerta. I thought he was DONE in and after round 2. Fuck that was awesome.

is it too late to add Huerta/Guida to a 2007 Fight of the Year Candidate, I'd even add Jared Rollins vs. John Koppenhaver as a possible Fight of the Year Candidate as well, if Huerta's not next in line for a title shot after Penn/Stevenson then the UFC matchmaking is goofed up

Huerta is fucking tremendous. All credit in the world to Guida, but this is what MMA is. It's great to see Anderson Silva completely run house on the middleweights but the life and breath of MMA is seeing guys down only to have them get the fuck back up. Easily my favourite fighter of 2007: Roger Huerta. I thought he was DONE in and after round 2. Fuck that was awesome.

Huerta was on dream street after that nice punch by Guida, and how he survived that is beyond me. But to bounce back from that so quickly - and win - was really impressive.