TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Conference Semifinals

My friends and I sat down and watched the West game last night. 4 of cheering the 8-seed Warriors and 1 cheering the Jazz. The calls against the Warriors, who I have no reason to homer for, were ridiculous. Carlos Boozer is a scumbag who was out there elbowing and chest-bumping the other team and trying to goad them into more T's. There were about 6-7 calls during the 4th quarter which were phantom or just not seen correctly.

Coming off of last year's Western Conference Semi-Finals and Finals, which were some of the best series *in NBA history* (or at least since I've been watching since 1990) - now we're gonna get the fucking SPURS and JAZZ, two of the most boring teams in the league, going at it. Hooray.

I was hoping someone hit Boozer in the face last night. Derek Fisher, among other Jazz, sliding all over the floor, feet hitting everywhere, NO CALL. And Kirrilenko and his bitching when the Warriors actually GET a call for a change, give me a break, and get a new haircut.

I have never, once, ever, supported a Spurs team, but may do so against the Jazz.

The Jazz and Spurs have been a part of the best two series of the playoffs, real boredom. I don't see why you have to resent the Jazz for being hands down the better and more complete team in that series w/ GS. And the notion that it was the Jazz(?) that got the benefit of some bad calls in this series is bullshit.

I don't know how anyone could call the Jazz boring. They've completely won me over with their play in this year's playoffs and their top five guys all play an exciting brand of basketball.

I'd actually give them an outside shot against the Spurs (of the Suns) in WCF.

I still have serious questions about the Jazz bench, but other than that, they're looking pretty good to win it all, in my book. And really, who doesn't have questions about the end of every teams rotation nowadays?

I always question everyone's bench, so that's no surprise, coming from me.

Duncan jumped off the bench in celebration of Elson's dunk, and ended up on the court.

What? LOL. Come on, are you purposely being dense? He walked like 5 feet onto the court and hung out there for 5-10 seconds.

Duncan jumped off the bench in celebration of Elson's dunk, and ended up on the court. He didn't move any closer after the words were exchanged on the court or whatever else happened. Bowen went out there and pulled him back to the bench.

HAHAHAHA. And Amare was going to check in at the end of the game.

Seriously. He raised his arm to celebrate, watched elson fall and made his way towards him and jones.

You know what's really irritating, is that the rule DID work, Amare and Diaw headed back *because* of the rule - if there was no rule, there's no doubt Amare would be out there in Horry's face. It actually worked, but they're still suspended. This is the epitome of letter of the law over spirit of the law.

i'm seriously worried about the bulls in that series. Once the other team makes some real adjustments, all of a sudden the Flip S. Pistons seem lost - boy when have I seen that before??

OK, I apologize. The Spurs are Satan's team, and everything they do is dirty and illegal, and defending them advocates thuggery, dirty play, bestiality and underage drinking. Forgive me, please, for this crime I've committed.

Your defense of them was very poor and really quite silly. What next? Duncan was on the court rescuing a kitten?

Normally guys celebrate by walking 5 feet onto the court and standing there for 10 seconds right? LOL.

In other news, the last quarter of Nets/Cavs may have been the most boring quater of playoff basketball I've ever seen.

OK, I just watched it again, and he wasn't as far out while celebrating as I had thought. So, I was wrong. But, aside from the fact that they were both on the court when they shouldn't have been (and yes, by letter of the law, Duncan should be suspended), it's still not the same situation as Amare, who came off far enough to get into every camera shot, including the close-ups, and was CLEARLY doing so in attempt to escalate the situation. I can buy that Diaw was just going to help Nash, but seriously, watch how Amare runs towards the frey.

But, by the looks of it, the Suns will win this game, and none of this will matter after tonight. What a hot crowd.

As the rule is written, alf has no reason to retract what he said. He's right.

"During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the vicinity of the bench" - NBA Official Rules, Rule 12 Section VII Part C.

There was no fucking altercation. Duncan was just looking at the play. And I FUCKING HATE Tim Duncan. If Jones gets up and hits or pushes Elson or they come into contact with each other, Duncan gets a game. I mean shit, by the time Duncan's on the court, Jones is already beginning his run back to start the offense. I swear to God, either some of you are fucking idiots, or the shitty quality of this youtube video has misled you.

I thought it was funny how everyone was all "woe is the Suns" after the suspensions were handed down, and penciling in the Spurs against the Jazz. Even Dan Patrick said in that interview said "This series IS GOING to be decided by the Horry foul."

Really. I must have just dreamt all of last season where the Suns played without Amare and won I think it was 58 games, and almost made the Finals. I realize they don't have Diaw, either, but honestly Jalen Rose can do pretty much anything Diaw can do, he just doesn't have quite the size. I'd be surprised if they lost this game, honestly.

Didn't the Suns win games without Amare in the past few seasons? I don't know if they can or will win, but it would be interesting if they did.

ETA: Oh yeah, Alf said it. I thought I remembered that.

Man, I like the Suns, but I had to lol at Bowen hitting the dagger shot. Only thing that would've been funnier is if Horry did it in Game 7.

Poor Phoenix.

Good game for the suns. Hopefully they didn't burn themselves out this game, because winning game 6 in San Antonio should be attainable.

There was no fucking altercation. Duncan was just looking at the play. And I FUCKING HATE Tim Duncan.

I didn't see an altercation in either play. How many punches did you count thrown? Oh, that's right, zero.

Whether or not the letter of the law was followed is not relevant, because the NBA used poor judgement outside the letter of the law. That is the point here. They even said themselves that fairness was irrelevant. LOL. How fucking stupid are you guys to bend over backwards and excuse a league that outright admits to unfair rulings?

How do you not suspend someone for flagrantly kneeing someone else in the crotch? Why doesn't one of you two geniuses explain that one? I guess the NBA doesn't have a rule that says you MUST suspend someone when they purposely knee someone else in the crotch, so that's perfectly fine.

If leaving the bench to check on your teammate, as Diaw did, is a one game suspension, shouldn't purposely kneeing someone in the crotch be at least 2 games? Worse crime = worse punishment no?

What you incredible morons don't comprehend is the larger context here. Leaving the bench is against the rules so they should be suspended - fine. Kneeing someone in the crotch purposely is much worse.

I want someone here to defend the logic that purposely kneeing someone in the crotch is not a suspension. Come on, step right up.

For the last time, the issue is not whether or not the suspensions were right. The issue is whether or not the suspensions were right in the broader context of the other shit that has happened in the series. A player who checks on his friend is suspended and a player who kicks someone's legs as they go for a shot and PURPOSELY knees someone in the balls is not.

Edit: I wonder if the NBA has an official rule about raping another player in the middle of the game. I'm guessing not. So I guess raping another player is ok because the rules don't specifically call that out, the same way they don't call out kneeing someone in the crotch.

I'll be rooting for the Suns in game 6, just like tonight. No matter which team you support, you don't want a series like this to be decided on what happened in game 4. Hopefully there will be a game 7, with no excuses.

Did the Suns play this whole game with 6 guys?

Guest Vitamin X
Man, I like the Suns, but I had to lol at Bowen hitting the dagger shot. Only thing that would've been funnier is if Horry did it in Game 7.

Careful what you say there.. If anyone on the Spurs would and could do it, it'd be him, as we all know by now..

There was no fucking altercation. Duncan was just looking at the play. And I FUCKING HATE Tim Duncan.

I didn't see an altercation in either play. How many punches did you count thrown? Oh, that's right, zero.

Whether or not the letter of the law was followed is not relevant, because the NBA used poor judgement outside the letter of the law. That is the point here. They even said themselves that fairness was irrelevant. LOL. How fucking stupid are you guys to bend over backwards and excuse a league that outright admits to unfair rulings?

How do you not suspend someone for flagrantly kneeing someone else in the crotch? Why doesn't one of you two geniuses explain that one? I guess the NBA doesn't have a rule that says you MUST suspend someone when they purposely knee someone else in the crotch, so that's perfectly fine.

If leaving the bench to check on your teammate, as Diaw did, is a one game suspension, shouldn't purposely kneeing someone in the crotch be at least 2 games? Worse crime = worse punishment no?

What you incredible morons don't comprehend is the larger context here. Leaving the bench is against the rules so they should be suspended - fine. Kneeing someone in the crotch purposely is much worse.

I want someone here to defend the logic that purposely kneeing someone in the crotch is not a suspension. Come on, step right up.

For the last time, the issue is not whether or not the suspensions were right. The issue is whether or not the suspensions were right in the broader context of the other shit that has happened in the series. A player who checks on his friend is suspended and a player who kicks someone's legs as they go for a shot and PURPOSELY knees someone in the balls is not.

Edit: I wonder if the NBA has an official rule about raping another player in the middle of the game. I'm guessing not. So I guess raping another player is ok because the rules don't specifically call that out, the same way they don't call out kneeing someone in the crotch.

I don't excuse the NBA for much, considering that they fuck up at a constant. But they were right on the Amare suspension. As for Diaw, I don't think his intention was to try and start trouble. What Diaw did was sort of what Duncan was doing in that video. Looking out there to see if Elson was hurt and that was it. I don't think anyone said Bowen shouldn't have been suspended, he's piece of shit stuck to the asshole of the league, if you ask me.

Ok, I'm done talking about this.

I'll be rooting for the Suns in game 6, just like tonight. No matter which team you support, you don't want a series like this to be decided on what happened in game 4. Hopefully there will be a game 7, with no excuses.

Are you dense? The Suns played an entire game without two players, one of which is a major starter. The entire series is tainted and if the Spurs win the entire playoffs are tainted. No excuses? How about "we're fucking tired because we had to play down two guys and we already lost a game because we didn't have those guys."

Anything the Spurs accomplish in this post-season is meaningless now. Honestly I hope the Spurs win the championship because then even more people will realize how incredibly lame the NBA has become. How can anyone respect a champion that had their toughest series handed to them as their reward for playing dirty?

David Stern's biggest fan is Bud Selig, because he does the impossible and makes Selig look good.

"I don't think anyone said Bowen shouldn't have been suspended, he's piece of shit stuck to the asshole of the league, if you ask me."

You can't have it both ways. According to the letter of the law maybe the suspensions were right. But if you don't suspend Bowen you cannot suspend the other players, it simply defies logic. And if you do suspend them you have to suspend Bowen.

This is *the* story of the post-season, and if the Spurs win it will continue to be.

Well, you had your warning about personal attacks. Happy trails.

All he said was, "Are you dense?" That hardly constitutes a personal attack in my opinion. This may be the dumbest ban ever.\, unless he has caused a lot of shit before. I really don't know.

Guest Vitamin X

Not to take this too far off-topic, but it's a bit silly to ban someone for calling the moderator who would end up banning him "dense". I've never even noticed him flaming and trolling in this folder before.