TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Why didn't anyone tell me that The Wicker Man...

The orignal was such a superior film. Edward Woodward was the man in that film. Nick Cage is really starting to piss me off as an actor. He hasn't done anything worthwile in such a long time. And the fact that he's going to star in the remake of The Fly pisses me off to no end.

The orignal was such a superior film. Edward Woodward was the man in that film. Nick Cage is really starting to piss me off as an actor. He hasn't done anything worthwile in such a long time. And the fact that he's going to star in the remake of The Fly pisses me off to no end.

I knew Hollywood was out of original ideas, but a remake of a remake? Hoo boy.

'HOW'D IT GET BURNED?!'

'You have my permission to stay out of the FUCKING WAY!'

'I don't believe in your god!'

I loved this movie so much, in theatres it was awesome. The ending was different, though, they didn't pour the bees over his head, which is too bad, since 'Oh God, the bees!' is another great line.

EDIT: Oh, I love, too, that his cellphone starts working out of nowhere, but only for long enough for the call to come in. And after he takes the bear suit off, he still has the feet on.

'HOW'D IT BURNED?!'

Someone should take that scene, and edit Lex Luger into it saying "I DON'T KNOWWWWWWWW" instead of that woman.

One of my roommates rented this a while back. Usually I can find some sort of a redeemable quality or some part of a movie that I liked, at least I know I didn't completely waste my time. Wickerman, on the other hand...

I can't remember a Nicholas Cage movie I have actually liked.

Edit: After a quick IMDB, I liked National Treasure and The Rock, but I think it was because I enjoyed the films, not specifically him. But I haven't seen either in a long time.

I loved this movie so much, in theatres it was awesome. The ending was different, though, they didn't pour the bees over his head, which is too bad, since 'Oh God, the bees!' is another great line.

They did on the DVD...

When I saw Cage running about in the bear-suit all that went through my mind at the time was the Masturbating Bear's jingle.

i mentioned how wonderful it was in the 'don't deserve a thread' thingy, but yeah, this is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Him Ninja kicking Lele Sobieski(sp) had me rolling. Plus him constantly saying "This is ILLEGAL".

I knew Hollywood was out of original ideas, but a remake of a remake? Hoo boy.

House of Wax, the shitty movie with Paris Hilton was a remake of a remake. The Vincent Price version was a remake of a film called The Wax Museum. Now they are working on a remake of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Lele Sobieski looks exactly like a young Helen Hunt. Go watch the movie Next of Kin and then look at a photo of Lele Sobieski. Almost identical (except for the hair styles).

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Actually, I find most Cage movies to be unintentionally hilarious. He's always struck me as a cheesy overreaching charactor actor mysteriously thrust into traditional leading man roles; resulting in comedy gold. When cast to his strengths, he's more than capable in stuff like "Raising Arizona" and even "Adapation." But most of the time, he either bugs the hell out of me or draws a good laugh.

I've avoided this movie like the plague but it might be worth a free rental on two for one days. There is something so oddly appealing about the original "Wickerman." The fact that it is essentially a musical with kick ass folk songs, Christopher Lee's nice guy act, Woodward successfully walking the fine line between camp and dead serious, all the female nudity, the shocking ending and absurd one of a kind visuals, certainly one of the most unique film experiences ever.

Lele Sobieski looks exactly like a young Helen Hunt. Go watch the movie Next of Kin and then look at a photo of Lele Sobieski. Almost identical (except for the hair styles).

Welcome to 1998.

Cage is awesome though. In Con Air he kills a guy over a bunny!

QFT

"Put... the bunny... back... in the... box."

Con Air will always have the best Chappelle movie moment, of him setting the Indian on fire and crackling out, "The last Mohekan is burning man!"

I figured that Wicker Man remake was crap but figured it couldn't be THAT bad. But then I watched those clips. Oh my god. I need to see this all the way through, but since I haven't seen the original I feel somehow dirty watching that crap remake before it.

Some of my favorite lines from Con Air:

"I knew you was a punk."

"Cyrus, this is your BBQ and it tastes good..."

"I'm gonna fuck your wife, then I'm gonna fuck you. Then I'll fuck your whole family."

Con Air is brilliance.

I guess im the only one who Likes Face/Off

"IM READDDYYY....READDDDYYYY FOR THE BIG RIDE BABBBYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

Con Air:

"I keep thinking that god doesn't exist." crying dude with superficial wound.

"I'm gonna show you that god does exist." than procedes to walk through gun shots without his deadpan facial expression ever changing.

Face/Off:

"CAUSE I'M CASTOR TROY......HA HA WHA.....WHOO!"

In high pitched squeel: "DIEEEEE....DIEEEEEE......DIEEEEEEEEE!"

"I want his face.............OFF!"

DIEEEEEEEEEE DIIIIEEEEEEEEEE in face off was certainly something.

I still don't quite get what he was going for there.

More Con Air awesomeness:

"The last thing little Casey Poe is going to smell will be my stinking breath!"\

"Anybody make a move and the bunny gets it."

"Larkin? He's out saving the rain forest! Or maybe recycling his sandals or some shit!"

"This situation better get unfucked right now!"

"I hate to say this, Cyrus, but we are three white dudes short. Or as they say in Ebonics, 'We be fucked'. "

"What's wrong with him?" "My first guess would be.....a lot."

"Do you know what I am?" "Ugly all day."

"It's amazing the shit you white trash know."

"Fuck you, trailer trash." "Hey! My mom lives in a trailer!"

More Con Air awesomeness:

"The last thing little Casey Poe is going to smell will be my stinking breath!"\

"Anybody make a move and the bunny gets it."

"Larkin? He's out saving the rain forest! Or maybe recycling his sandals or some shit!"

"This situation better get unfucked right now!"

"I hate to say this, Cyrus, but we are three white dudes short. Or as they say in Ebonics, 'We be fucked'. "

"What's wrong with him?" "My first guess would be.....a lot."

"Do you know what I am?" "Ugly all day."

"It's amazing the shit you white trash know."

"Fuck you, trailer trash." "Hey! My mom lives in a trailer!"

"sunsets are beautiful, new born babies are beautiful, this, this is fuckin spectacualr"

"there are only two men i trust, one of thems me, the other aint u"

"school is very important"

"define irony, a bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band who died in a plane crash"