TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO Monday Night Raw Thread- June 11, 2007

If the explosion was supposed to be a way to finally put the "Mr. McMahon" character to rest, then I am ok with it. As others have said before, the character has been boring for at least a few years now, hasn't offered anything new, and has really become a mockary of itself. I just hope that is what they were trying to do tonight, and not just some lame new "who dunnit" story....

Meanwhile, ECW rids itself of Lashley & Snitsky, while gaining Boogeyman. I'd say it was a good night for Tuesday Night WWE. Yes, Boogeyman is as bad as they come, but something tells me he will barely be on TV after he fails to get any heat after a couple of weeks. Snitksy was getting weekly matches, and Lashley wasn't ever wrestling the ECW roster. Hopefully now the ECW world title will join the rest of the show.

New update from WWE.com

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. – A night originally designated Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night turned deadly when the WWE Chairman’s limousine burst into a fiery explosion just moments after Mr. McMahon stepped into it. Permanently uprooting the world of sports-entertainment, the Chairman has been presumed dead in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

Local authorities stated it was still too early to declare anything as fact, including exactly what caused the explosion, but they described the blast as an apparent “car bombing.” They also revealed that as of 11:30 p.m. EST, no body had been recovered from the incinerated wreckage.

Firefighters were quick to assess the scene, taping off sections of the parking lot to protect scores of onlookers – mostly our fans – from potential injury. Despite the intense heat and ubiquitous clouds of black smoke, countless people spilled out of the arena to get a closer look at the chaos they had just seen happen live on the TitanTron.

“By the time we arrived on the scene, the entire automobile was on fire,” explained a Wilkes-Barre firefighter on the scene. “It was like an inferno, and our guys were doing whatever they could to contain it as quickly as possible. In my 27 years with the fire department, I’ve never seen anything like that.”

The emblazoned limousine was engulfed by flames that reached skyward at estimated heights of more than 50 feet. The sight of the charred debris led to speculation that there was no conceivable way anyone could have escaped from the limo alive. Early assessments from local firefighters and police officers sent a similar feeling regarding the probability of the Chairman’s survival.

“We’re doing our best to respect the McMahon family and the fans of WWE,” the firefighter said. “However, with that said, we have not found anything – there hasn’t been confirmation that Mr. McMahon’s body was extracted from the limo.”

As the physical body of Mr. McMahon remains to be uncovered, perhaps the most perplexing piece to this puzzle is the Chairman’s uncanny, almost clairvoyant premonition of tonight’s grim events. Over the last few weeks on WWE programming, the swaggering, well-off billionaire seemed to unravel right before the eyes of millions. Speaking of a threatening presence that lurked in his foreseeable future, Mr. McMahon even cited the looming of a “black cloud” last week – a cloud very similar to the post-combustive smoke that billowed above his limousine tonight.

Was this evening an eerie prophecy fulfilled for Mr. McMahon, given his recent premonitions? Or was it simply a fateful execution of coincidence? The ominous reality is that what was brushed off as incoherent ramblings of a broken man and former ECW World Champion actually may have proven to be an exercising of a recently discovered sixth sense.

Sources say given the nature of the apparent car bombing, federal authorities may be called in for a more thorough investigation that would supersede local Pennsylvania authorities.

Check back with WWE.com as we continue to follow developments in the most shocking incident in sports-entertainment history.

What we know so far:

No body has been found

Flames as high as 50 ft

Kane was nowhere to been seen

I just hope that is what they were trying to do tonight, and not just some lame new "who dunnit" story....

Well, technically they could do both. Have Shane, Linda, or Steph trying to find out "who dunnit".

I have no idea how to even comment on this show tonight. I mean...wow. It'll get people talking though, that's for sure. And they better not just have Vince show up again in a month. He has to be gone for a long, long time or else this was pointless. Maybe he can be found alive with amnesia in Cleveland? I'm glad he's "dead" though, since I couldn't stand much more of those shows like last week with Vince constantly all over TV being nuts. It was trash.

Lost in all of this is of course SD yet again being whored by the draft, with Raw taking everyone (Kennedy, Booker, Lashley, etc.) and the best guy SD got was a decrepit Flair. At least ECW got Benoit, though at this point that means Benoit will be jobbing on a 3rd tier show rather than the B list show. Punk vs. Benoit in a tourney final? I'll take it.

Incidentally why put Lashley on Raw? Now that Vince is "dead" what earthly reason is there for him to be traded there and not SD? He could have been the new top face on SD to feud with Edge.

I have no idea how to even comment on this show tonight. I mean...wow. It'll get people talking though, that's for sure. And they better not just have Vince show up again in a month. He has to be gone for a long, long time or else this was pointless. Maybe he can be found alive with amnesia in Cleveland? I'm glad he's "dead" though, since I couldn't stand much more of those shows like last week with Vince constantly all over TV being nuts. It was trash.

I'll keep an eye out for ya.

1. The president of the largest steel company, Charles Schwab, died a pauper.

2. The president of the largest gas company, Edward Hopson, went insane.

3. The president of the NYSE, Richard Whitney, was released from prison to die at home.

4. The greatest wheat speculator, Arthur Cooger, died abroad, penniless.

5. The president of the Bank of International Settlement, shot himself.

6. The Great Bear of Wall Street, Cosabee Livermore, also committed suicide.

7. The owner of WWE, Vince McMahon, was murdered when his limo exploded on live television just as he went insane.

I can't believe they went through with this and actually are treating it as an actual event on wwe.com. lmao...just when you thought wrestling couldn't get more absurd than some 80 or 90 year old women barking like dogs in night gowns, they pull this in the same show. Have to hand it to him though, I'm sure people will talk about it.

What I see happening is that he dissappears for a long time then comes back and admits it was just a staged event so he can gather his thoughts with dignity or some such nonsense.

BTW, according to caldwell on the torch page he wrote

"Suddenly, the limo burst into flames and there were sounds of a struggle in the back of the limo, but we didn't see McMahon appear. They faded to black with the flames continuing to whip into the air. And we have a suicide on the wrestling program tonight."

I didn't hear any sounds of a struggle, just saw a delay by mcmahon to get into the vehicle. If thats the case (Although he says its a suicide) i guess we will have the hunt for Mcmahons killer...lol

Someone add the video of that happening on YouTube and see if it gets taken down, because who is going to take down the World Wrestling Entertainment content, apparently Vince is dead.

I hurt myself today.. to see if I still feel. I closed my limo door. The fireball was real. Beneath the smoke and flames. The oh familiar sting. Vince is finally dead. Turner's still right here

Who Killed Mr. McMahon?

ODDS

Bret Hart 3:1 Reason: Montreal and Owen

Eric Bischoff 5:1 Reason: Bought WCW before he could

Dusty Rhodes 10:1 Reason: Forced to wear polka dots on his outfit

Iron Shiek 15:1 Reason: Lost title to Hogan. Reason he didn't: to insane to pull this off

Shane McMahon 5:1 Reason: Seems to favor Steph and HHH too much

Undertaker 9:2 Reason: Played with fire in the past and killed his parents and burnt his brother Kane

Linda McMahon 30:1 Reason: Vince's sexual affairs

Chris Masters 25:1 Reason: Can't remember his name

More odds when I get them from Vegas.

Well the way they are making a huge deal about this, it looks my sketchy theory that "they were just retiring the Mr. McMahon character" is not possible. Unless of course they go the Superman III route, and the evil Mr.Mcmahon seperates from Vince McMahon's body, and they must duel to the death so the rightful owner of the McMahon spirit can live on....!?!

You know, I saw almost nothing of interest when I exited the arena. Certainly nothing that would indicate a limo had unexpectedly exploded in the parking lot.

Great live show though.

Who Killed Mr. McMahon?

ODDS

Bret Hart 3:1 Reason: Montreal and Owen

Eric Bischoff 5:1 Reason: Bought WCW before he could

Dusty Rhodes 10:1 Reason: Forced to wear polka dots on his outfit

Iron Shiek 15:1 Reason: Lost title to Hogan. Reason he didn't: to insane to pull this off

Shane McMahon 5:1 Reason: Seems to favor Steph and HHH too much

Undertaker 9:2 Reason: Played with fire in the past and killed his parents and burnt his brother Kane

Linda McMahon 30:1 Reason: Vince's sexual affairs

Chris Masters 25:1 Reason: Can't remember his name

More odds when I get them from Vegas.

This only works if Vince appears still alive only being able to say "Chris Masters" over and over. And yes, then the killer must be Aurora.

You know, I saw almost nothing of interest when I exited the arena. Certainly nothing that would indicate a limo had unexpectedly exploded in the parking lot.

Great live show though.

You are conditioned against it. Damn MTV.

How do you rate this year's draft, Al Keiper Jr.?

Snitsky got screwed out of a win in his hometown. The rulebook clearly states you can beat the piss out of some pissant after the match. That's just the way we do things in the Poconos.

I like Benoit to Raw since it gives him more exposure.