TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Mr. McMahon "dead" - Now for the "whodunit" angle.

i gotta give WWE credit for putting so much effort into this storyline, but i do agree i wish they could put this much effort into other storylines

Anyway, the word going around is that Vince chewed Paul London a new ass because of that big goofy smile on his face during the final angle on RAW.

Uhh Downhome- Vince is dead.

Get with the program Bob. "Mr. McMahon" is dead, Vince is still very much alive and able to dish out ass chewings.

:P

It was sort of obvious that he would, but kudos to Paul for doing it anyway.

Yeah, kudos for putting his job on the line to make us smarks happy.

Because he certainly could never get a job wrestling elsewhere, where he won't be in what could easily be the worst possible thing to be in sports entertainment; a cruiserweight tag team.

It was a gutsy thing to do. Not everybody would've done it and he did. I appreciate that. Plus you have to admit it was hilarious.

Because he certainly could never get a job wrestling elsewhere, where he won't be in what could easily be the worst possible thing to be in sports entertainment; a cruiserweight tag team.

It was a gutsy thing to do. Not everybody would've done it and he did. I appreciate that. Plus you have to admit it was hilarious.

Was it gutsy though? I thought the talent didn't know what was going to happen. So maybe the Paul London character would be happy that McMahon was leaving, instead of creepishly somber like the rest.

Was it gutsy though? I thought the talent didn't know what was going to happen. So maybe the Paul London character would be happy that McMahon was leaving, instead of creepishly somber like the rest.

I don't know what they knew. Either way, though, he had to know a big-ass goofy grin like that was going to get him in trouble, but he did it anyway. He probably figured his job was all but gone anyway now that he'd been told "Do that move again and I'll fire you", so why not?

I find it funny that a guy gets praised for openly screwing up a major angle just because he's a smark darling. I'm sure if HHH laughed off some Paul London angle you guys would be ready hang him.

I have a vague suspicion London wasn't laughing for any reason other than he just found Vince funny and couldn't stop himself.

And London is doing quite well for himself in WWE, considering his size. He's getting a reasonable push, he's not being buried, and he doesn't seem to be in danger of getting fired. All things considered, I'm sure London is quite happy to be where he is.

WWE pays well compared to other promotions.

And what he did wasn't "gutsy"

Guest frostdude1
I find it funny that a guy gets praised for openly screwing up a major angle just because he's a smark darling. I'm sure if HHH laughed off some Paul London angle you guys would be ready hang him.

+1

Meltzer:

--Jesse Ventura is in Stamford, CT as of this writing to meet with Vince McMahon.

Jesse as the killer would be kind of awesome. I guess he really wanted those video game royalties from 1990

Methinks a lot of you have the cables suspending your disbelief tangled, because somehow I don't connect "Paul London smiles while everyone else looks somber-faced" with "The angle where the boss explodes doesn't make sense any more".

It would be just as amusing to me if HHH did laugh off some Paul London angle, regardless of whether or not it was as potentially bad as this one. I don't even like London, I think he doesn't do anything interesting but flip-flop around with no rhyme or reason to it other than he doesn't know what else to do.

On the Ventura topic, I like Jesse Ventura and hope he does come back in some form for a couple weeks. When was the last WWF President; I want to say Monsoon but I know Piper stepped in briefly and I'm not sure if Monsoon re-assumed the position afterwards.

Any news on who came up with this storyline?

I dunno. I'd venture a guess that he wrote for a show called "Dallas" once upon a time though.

Honestly, I don't care where the storyline goes, who wrestles who, whatever. What with this, the draft and the Jackass angle coming up, I've entered my yearly 'logic hibernation' and have given up on caring whether anything WWE does makes sense or is 'tasteful' or not anymore. It seems like the only way to keep sane watching anymore, to enjoy it as the braindead entertainment it's becoming.

Maybe that's London's excuse as well.

Edited by King Cucaracha

I have a vague suspicion London wasn't laughing for any reason other than he just found Vince funny and couldn't stop himself.

I gotta disagree with that. That stiff smile of his looked like he was inspired by Harry & Lloyd's goofy grins when they were pulled over by that cop in Dumb & Dumber.

Also, I chuckled at the way the Major Brothers were standing firm and united as McMahon waltzed by.

And London is doing quite well for himself in WWE, considering his size. He's getting a reasonable push, he's not being buried, and he doesn't seem to be in danger of getting fired. All things considered, I'm sure London is quite happy to be where he is.

After what happened on RAW, the joke has been "...and the new, ROH champion, Paul London", and add to that mess the fact that TMZ quoted him as the one telling a fan that Ashley would be doing Survivor, he's not in the good graces of WWE right now.

Here is a press release from the Wilkes-Barre, PA police department website:

Information regarding WWE Event at Wachovia Arena

For verification purposes regarding those inquiring as to the alleged car bombing of WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre Township on Monday, June 11, 2007, the incident was a staged event, prearranged with Fire Department personnel and authorized by Township Code Enforcement officials. All necessary precautions were taken during the filming of the event so as to ensure the safety and security of all persons involved in the event. Mr. McMahon was not injured during the event contrary to what is being reported on internet web sites and other media sources.

You can visit our local newspaper media for the related stories to this event:

An explosion of publicity for McMahon? | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

The Citizens Voice - Homicide that never happened here shown live on cable

:lol:

After what happened on RAW, the joke has been "...and the new, ROH champion, Paul London", and add to that mess the fact that TMZ quoted him as the one telling a fan that Ashley would be doing Survivor, he's not in the good graces of WWE right now.

Umm, why would he be in any kind of trouble?

Because he was grinning like a nutcase unlike everyone else at Vince's walk of doom.

I just thought he was smiling because no one would be able to tell him what moves he couldn't do anymore.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/4892436

If it’s confirmed that a criminal party engineered the explosion, the next question to answer is how the nefarious scheme was carried out. To fill in the blanks regarding the specifics of the explosion, WWE.com contacted Patrick C. Riggs, a veteran explosives expert from a Brooklyn, N.Y.,-based operation.

Watching video of the blast, Riggs was able to determine that it was a professionally structured, calculated blast. However, since most – if not all – usable evidence seems to have been destroyed, Riggs claims that not everything he says can be guaranteed.

“Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. No amateur would have had the knowledge to create an explosion of that intensity,” he said. “Without prior experience or knowledge of explosives, such a blast could not have been constructed so precisely.”

So, it was a professional?The plot thickens...

Vince: wwe has lost the respect of the mainstream media, because of Paul London's smile!! Who's Paul London? Anyway, ban the shooting star press... again!! and double the salaries of Deuce and Domino.

Because he was grinning like a nutcase unlike everyone else at Vince's walk of doom.

I just thought he was smiling because no one would be able to tell him what moves he couldn't do anymore.

so just because he was grinning like he was the chester cat, we're just gonna assume he's in trouble? Okie dokie.

I like how the WWF is going on with it as if its real despite everyone else going out of their way to make sure everyone knows it wasn't.

And Im sure the people who rigged up the explosion are glad to know that a fake expert concluded that a professional set it up. Wonder how they would have felt if the fake expert concluded that someone who had no idea what they were doing set it up?

I Wonder if Linda McMahon will get remaried to someone? Eric Bischoff maybe..haha..

I like how the WWF is going on with it as if its real despite everyone else going out of their way to make sure everyone knows it wasn't.

And Im sure the people who rigged up the explosion are glad to know that a fake expert concluded that a professional set it up. Wonder how they would have felt if the fake expert concluded that someone who had no idea what they were doing set it up?

I Wonder if Linda McMahon will get remaried to someone? Eric Bischoff maybe..haha..

They did hire a professsional stunt crew for it and I'm sure as long as they did their job and got their money, they don't give a rats ass about fake experts.