TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO ECW Thread for 6/12

Was the Sharpshooter supposed to be the ending? This is the problem with shooting refrees 'shooting'.

Good to know the writers have not figured out what to do with the ECW title and that paper napkin booking is being used for every angle not involving Vince.

I know Vince "died" but shouldn't the fact that the ECW World Champion was drafted to another show and the brand is currently without a champion have been mentioned other than being glossed over during main event intros? Why are the announcers jizzing their shorts about the Boogeyman while their champ is on Raw?

What is Marcus Cor Von's gimmick, exactly? He's pretty short, BTW. Looked like a cruiser in that battle royal last night, despite his upper body. I don't think he's ever been pinned or made to submit since his debut.

hes the Alpha Male :P its weird they stopped the match because Cor Von didnt obey the count, but i think it has something to do with a new Ref policy

That had to be one of the weirder hours of wrestling I've ever seen. If they really wanted anyone to believe Vince was dead they wouldn't show the Raw footage again, since people who remember the Owen Hart death recall that they never showed him falling at all (not sure if it was filmed but surely some camera caught it).

Whatever hope I had from last night is basically gone now. Everyone in the crowd knew Vince wasn't dead and regardless of what they think pro wrestling is NOT an art form with fictional characters. The fact that Styles and Taz were so utterly serious made is all the more goofy. The sooner they get past the grieving portion of this angle and into the whodunit aspect the better. Even with the whodunit part....can they really even say? Cause the culprit will have to be put in prison for a long ass time over murder or attempted murder.

Unlike the Austin limo angle, I don't see what possible PPV match this can lead to. At least there you had Austin coming back gunning for the guy who ran him over. But this? What will we have, Shane challenging the murderer to a match on PPV?

Marcus Cor Von's gimmick is pretty much the same it was in TNA, but toned down a bit. He's the "Alpha Male", a guy who thinks he is dominate guy wherever he goes, despite if he earned that title or not. He thinks he's the king of the jungle so to speak. The main difference between his WWE and TNA characters is he doesn't seem to act like a cat anymore. Also, WWE seems to have done a lousy job at establishing Monty Brown's character as well. He shouldn't be Elijah Burke's lackey, and he should have a three-month streak of steamrolling midcarders. I'd pay to see him squash Viscera, a guy three times his size, and having him eat a pounce to help put the move over.

That had to be one of the weirder hours of wrestling I've ever seen. If they really wanted anyone to believe Vince was dead they wouldn't show the Raw footage again, since people who remember the Owen Hart death recall that they never showed him falling at all (not sure if it was filmed but surely some camera caught it).

Whatever hope I had from last night is basically gone now. Everyone in the crowd knew Vince wasn't dead and regardless of what they think pro wrestling is NOT an art form with fictional characters. The fact that Styles and Taz were so utterly serious made is all the more goofy. The sooner they get past the grieving portion of this angle and into the whodunit aspect the better. Even with the whodunit part....can they really even say? Cause the culprit will have to be put in prison for a long ass time over murder or attempted murder.

Unlike the Austin limo angle, I don't see what possible PPV match this can lead to. At least there you had Austin coming back gunning for the guy who ran him over. But this? What will we have, Shane challenging the murderer to a match on PPV?

If Owen footage existed anywhere, it would have be uncovered by now. I suppose the one way to avoid reality is to never find out who did it. Have everyone questioned seem suspicious but not guilty, and let the fans speculate as to who did it.

"Mrs. McMahon, who's in charge now that your husband is dead? Why hasn't there been an official press release? WHAT'S GOING ON???"

Monty Brown didn't leave the ring before the after-tag five count.

So thats what happened? I saw the finish on WWE.com this morning and I couldn't figure out why the hell the match ended.

So thats 2 pretty weak DQ's on Monty Brown now (this one and the one where he wouldn't stop beating up RVD when he wasn't the legal man.) over the pst few weeks. What a great way to end your main events every week

Yeah what is up with these lame DQs of late? If they want to book a DQ at least have a chair involved or something a bit more interesting than someone not obeying a 5 count. It's not even an interesting 5 count, which would be a guy being choked repeated on the ropes without a break (which could justify a DQ if it was done constantly). This is just a guy not getting out of the ring in time, which is retarded because to have decent tag action you have to have all 4 men in the ring at some point. I've seen maybe 1 tag match that was really good where it was mainly two guys in the ring and two guys on the outside and that was Bulldogs vs. Dream Team from WM 2.

These quick trigger DQs remind me of when Slaughter was commish in late 1992 and he was DQing Rick Martel for pulling Max Moon's tights and shit.

Only someone like Vince McMahon would book his own on-air death just so he can see his tribute play out on TV. Ugh. How entertaining can the impending "Whodunnit?" possibly be when, in kayfabeland, nobody liked Mr. McMahon? Who really wants to know who's behind it? I sure don't.

Good think I have a lot of new DVDs coming so I have something else to watch when the McMahon nonsense airs over the summer.

Mike Johnson is reporting that the vacant ECW World Heavyweight Title will be decided at the 6/24 Vengeance PPV in a Fatal four Way match featuring Chris Benoit, CM Punk, Elijah Burke and Marcus Cor Von.

Credit: Gerweck

Benoit is the only credible choice. Not that WWE cares about credibility.

How so? Punk's only lost a couple of times in almost a year, and Cor Von has always looked strong. On the other hand, Benoit just lost SD's secondary title to MVP by 2 straight falls in a 2/3 falls match.

i thought ECW was great, although i could have done without the replay of Vince's "death" but i've talked to a friend of mine and he said according to Observer its gonna be revealed in a week or 2 that Vince didnt die but was burned severely

If that's true Vince better become Kane II just for the ridiculous nature of it.

Kane 3

We've already had Kane 2.

Ah true. Thinking about it, I really enjoyed the Kane vs Fake Kane match at Vengeance, mainly because Fake Kane did such a good impersonation job. Man, I miss old-school Kane.

Even with the whodunit part....can they really even say? Cause the culprit will have to be put in prison for a long ass time over murder or attempted murder.

"For the crime of attempted murder, I'm giving you a 5% paycut"

"AWWWWWWWWW!"

Seriously though, pro wrestling is exempt from all sorts of assault and murder laws. This is common knowledge. We could spend an entire week drawing up a list of times where someone really should have been locked up for commiting a crime on national TV, but just ended up getting punished by being booked against the victim on PPV or something.

And no, that wasn't a Randy Orton joke.