TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flairfan

July WWE 24/7 Discussion

For what it's worth, Comcast in Pittsburgh is showing a Benoit-less version of the MNW. In fact, the episode is listed as lasting 3 hrs, 24 min, but in fact ends before 3 hrs, 10 min.

And just today the ep of PTW that expires on Tues showed up. Not that I'll be upset if I don't get around to watching it, but with WWE 24/7 having been around for a few years now, and in my area for just under a year, you'd think they'd have worked out the bugs by now.

And just today the ep of PTW that expires on Tues showed up. Not that I'll be upset if I don't get around to watching it, but with WWE 24/7 having been around for a few years now, and in my area for just under a year, you'd think they'd have worked out the bugs by now.

HA!

Still no GAB 1990, which I haven't seen in full since it aired, and now I've had to move to a Time Warner area so no more 24/7. :(

Guest flairfan
Sunflower says it's supposed to be there Wednesday.

Hmm, wonder if its the edited VHS version or the Full PPV Version. I would hope its the full PPV Version.

WWE® Treats Fans To Free Month Of 24/7 On Demand

July 23, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., July 23, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment® is giving away a free month of its subscription video-on-demand service, WWE 24/7™ On Demand, to celebrate the crowning of WWE’s Biggest Fan. The “Are You WWE’s Biggest Fan?” contest is being held this summer by WWE, Ziddio.com and cable affiliates across the country. The contest has exceeded all expectations -- receiving 642 individual submissions and more than 342,000 video views to date.

The free offer will take place during the month of September, and will be available to new subscribers of WWE 24/7 On Demand. WWE will be showing the Biggest Fan finalist videos, as well as special footage from a red carpet event taking place in New York City during SummerSlam® weekend in August, at which WWE’s Biggest Fan will be declared. The new content comes in addition to an already extensive library found on the SVOD service, now available to more than 75 percent of VOD enabled subscribers nationwide.

“September’s month of WWE 24/7 On Demand to new subscribers celebrates WWE’s biggest fans by providing our biggest offering yet to entice them to subscribe to WWE 24/7,” said Lisa Richards, Director, Affiliate Marketing. “We’re focused on creating innovative promotions with our affiliates to drive more subscribers to the On Demand platform and to WWE 24/7.”

WWE 24/7 On Demand delivers the best of professional wrestling – all day, every day – from the world’s largest professional wrestling video library. With WWE 24/7, fans can relive legendary matches and moments with wrestling superstars past and present, as well as access exclusive new programming. In addition, each month features an overriding theme that is reflected throughout the programming. WWE 24/7 On Demand connects viewers to timeless action and the intense drama that fans expect from WWE.

The “Are You WWE’s Biggest Fan?” contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 16 years old. No purchase necessary to enter. Detailed information on the “Are You WWE’s Biggest Fan?” contest, including the Official Rules, can be found at www.Ziddio.com/wwe when the contest opens on May 18.

Ziddio, a site developed by Comcast Interactive Media, hosts user-generated videos on its website, Ziddio.com, and also showcases top-rated videos on Comcast's Video ON DEMAND service. The “Are You WWE’s Biggest Fan?” contest is sponsored by Comcast Interactive Media. More information on Ziddio can be found at http://www.ziddio.com

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE), can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Does anyone know if the latest ep of The History of ECW (12/2/95, I think) is missing anything? Comcast lists the running time as 50 min, but it only went to the 42 min marker before ending.

Does anyone know if the latest ep of The History of ECW (12/2/95, I think) is missing anything? Comcast lists the running time as 50 min, but it only went to the 42 min marker before ending.

i assume some sort of promo involving Nancy with Sandman

I didn't care either way since that was one of the worst ECW shows I've seen since getting 24/7. The whole extended fan cam thing was incoherent.

And yes, the version I got of GAB 1990 off 24/7 is in fact the full PPV. I much prefer the full show to the clipped VHS tapes. There's some interesting bits like Doug Furnas doing a strongman gimmick.

Ugh, I got Saturday Nights Main Event, but Survivor Series 1993 was extended 2 more weeks and I didn't get the Great American Bash.

That stuff as well as a new NWA and Florida wrestling show. Check out that Florida show as it has a lot of good old footage of guys like Terry Funk and Bob Orton Jr. If Orton had a crewcut in the 70s he would look exactly like Randy.

Survivor Series 93 always was (and still as, best I could tell) scheduled to be on for 3 weeks, expiring next week. I know this because I made a point to check the date to see how long I had to find a new VHS tape (the rarest form of recording material on earth right now).

Last I checked I didn't have the Bash for Hall of Fame, but had CWF, SNME, and NWA. Somehow I knew I wouldn't get the HOF or Bash (Cogeco and/or WWE is very bad with updating the Legends section correctly and skips certain Big Ones lately).

Guest flairfan

Ok, I got the HOF 2007.. 176 Min

I also got the GAB 90 at 164min. SO FULL PPV Version!!!!

I also got the SNME..

Also got the new NWA 11/9/85, BUT REALLY NOT. I clicked to watch it and it was 10/26/85!!! What a load of BS!!!! That one has already shown before. Anyone actually get 11/9/85??? or is it just my stupid COMCAST? if anyone did get 11/9/85 I would be willing to trade for a SP DVD copy of it..

Last I checked I didn't have the Bash for Hall of Fame, but had CWF, SNME, and NWA. Somehow I knew I wouldn't get the HOF or Bash (Cogeco and/or WWE is very bad with updating the Legends section correctly and skips certain Big Ones lately).

Same here. I remember Superbrawl showing up a few days after the Wednesday update, so maybe it will be the same for GAB '90. There must be a law forbidding Cogeco to air any 2007 footage. According to them, the footage they air come from a list from WWE. I've emailed WWE three times since the last couple of months, I didn't got any reply.

On another subject, Survivor Series '93 has one of my earliest memories of wrestling with the Undertaker/Yokozuna bits, where Taker does the zombie situp after taking a Bonzai Drop and no selling his face being smashed into the stairs and doing the same to Yokozuna....man I thought Taker was INVINCIBLE. Nobody got up from the Bonzai drop and this guy did it like it was nothing. I remember the Yoko/Taker buildup from Rumble '94 where Yokozuna was afraid of caskets and sweated buckets whenever Taker was around. Good memories :headbang:

I know when I first subscribed to 24/7 last summer it was shortly after WWE began airing recent PPVs on the channel and Cogeco here didn't have Judgment Day - Vengeance 2006 (not sure about Backlash). I actually thought it might have been a problem with the Canadian DVD distributor since they release them later in Canada, making their 24/7 airing and DVD release very close together, but then SummerSlam 2006 - Royal Rumble 2007 came on 24/7 without a problem.

Guest Dolfan483

FlairFan, mine also is from 10/26. Wonder what happened, but they better fuckin change it.

Guest uruloke

I have Charter and my NWA show is also 10/26 which played not that long ago.

yea i got the 10/26 show as well, seems like this was WWE's fault and not our cable companies

Bah, I hope they change that. I might check it out later to see what is up. That 1976 FL show is hilarious, since you can see Terry Funk with one of the wildest 70s shirts you'll ever see. Looks like Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces.

Dusty's face is disturbing in that interview. That wasn't legit was it?

And flame if you want, but I really dig the old SNME shows. That's a badass coat Volkoff's sporting in the opening match.

Dusty's face is disturbing in that interview. That wasn't legit was it?

And flame if you want, but I really dig the old SNME shows. That's a badass coat Volkoff's sporting in the opening match.

Heh, yeah who doesn't mark for the Uncle Elmer wedding? I hate the music edit during the opening of SNME however. Is the music license from Animotion really that expensive?

Guest droptoehold

Watching the GAB its funny to see the camera paning to

the crowd for a "faggot faggot faggot" chant durning the

Freebirds v Steiners match :lol:

That stuff as well as a new NWA and Florida wrestling show. Check out that Florida show as it has a lot of good old footage of guys like Terry Funk and Bob Orton Jr. If Orton had a crewcut in the 70s he would look exactly like Randy.

As well as Gerald Brisco and Frank Goodish before the Bruiser Brody gimmick.

Southern boys/Midnight Express from the bash was one of the best tag matches I ever saw. The "faggot" chants at the Freebirds were hilarious.

Guest flairfan

Well, i Just got thru watching and recording the Bash 90. It is for sure one of my all time favorite pay per views!

Now if they would just fix the NWA epsisode, however, I have a feeling they wont. I emailed WWE Tech support for whatever thats worth.. :(

Southern boys/Midnight Express from the bash was one of the best tag matches I ever saw. The "faggot" chants at the Freebirds were hilarious.

The Michael is a bitch chant was better in my opinion.

i assume some sort of promo involving Nancy with Sandman

D'oh! And duh. I guess they have to be equal opportunity editors.