TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Broward83

Blasts from the Past

I'll see Rippers Silverhawks and raise him a Denver The Last Dinosaur.

Den-ver, The Last Di-no-saur!

Rarely watched that one, but I still remember some of the theme song.

The kid-themed game shows were always fun. The ones Darthtiki mentioned along with GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple and Nick Arcade (featuring games from the cutting-edge Neo Geo system).

Funny you should mention Legends of the Hidden Temple since Nick started showing the repeats of it early in the morning around 7am I think during the week. I caught it one morning and it made me realize just how difficult it was to win some really crappy prizes.

The kid-themed game shows were always fun. The ones Darthtiki mentioned along with GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple and Nick Arcade (featuring games from the cutting-edge Neo Geo system).

Funny you should mention Legends of the Hidden Temple since Nick started showing the repeats of it early in the morning around 7am I think during the week. I caught it one morning and it made me realize just how difficult it was to win some really crappy prizes.

The Nickelodeon Game Shows weren't so much difficult as it always seemed like they'd try and find the densest, most incompetent children to compete on them. Nick GAS has been running reruns of these shows like Hidden Temple and Double Dare for years now, and I would venture that 90% of everyone who screws up during the obstacle parts of these shows does so not because of any type of hidden difficulty or challenge in the design, but does so because they are just complete morons who can't figure out even the simplest of tasks. I would see kids in Hidden Temple just literally wander around clueless as to what to do for nearly half of their allotted time, when the answer was not only told to them prior, but is also staring them straight in the face.

The only thing that always seemed to be completely unforgiving was any obstacle on Double Dare that required digging through a pile a goop to find a flag. It never failed, people would get stuck on that every single time. I think it must have become a running joke at some point, because literally every episode would end the same, and they never did anything at all to fix it.

I would venture that 90% of everyone who screws up during the obstacle parts of these shows does so not because of any type of hidden difficulty or challenge in the design, but does so because they are just complete morons who can't figure out even the simplest of tasks.

Indeed.

I remember watching this show awhile back on GAS. This one poor girl was on there, and she was going through the maze, until she ran into a temple guard. Now, normally, it's a pretty simple thing to understand. Temple guard pops out, you give him your pendant, guard goes away. This poor girl couldn't figure out such a simple procedure. She stood there for a few seconds, the host is yelling, "Give him the pendant!" and the guard is standing there, looking like an idiot. It was terrible, yet hilarious.

http://thecheappop.com/2007/05/22/evie-garland-returns/

Any plans of Out of this World to reach DVD?

I have no idea if OOTW will reach DVD. I sure hope it does. That would be cool. Unfortunately, the executive producers of OOTW did not practice fair business policies and had an injunction placed against them barring them from ever making money off the show again. Sucks for me and my fans, but it was a very good thing to happen to the producers. What comes around goes around sometimes in Hollywood.

If you have about 30 minutes to waste, give this a watch.

Here's a similar one.

Lothar was such a token black guy.

Dinosaucers

Hell yes. I was a big Dinosaucers fan as a kid.

Hey Dude.

"Yipee Ti Yi Yeah!"

What was the cartoon that had a bunch of Hanna Barbera (?) characters in one big road rally? Captain Caveman had a car and there was like a jalopy too.

wow you guys tooke me way back with some of those cartoons, does any1 remember this?

And i can't believe no one has mentioned this lil gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gfQFTOt9ck

Anyone remember Widget? It was on a fair bit down here, don't know how much play it got in the States.

of course

by the way a dvd just came out of the complete Super Marios Bro 3 cartoon that used ot air back in like 90 or so, to go along with the 2 volumes of super mario bros super show that have came out

Here's a similar one.

now I got the Heathcliff song stuck in my head, havent even thought about that show in years

Here's a similar one.

now I got the Heathcliff song stuck in my head, havent even thought about that show in years

I had SUCH a crush on that white cat from Heathcliff.

I remember Nick Arcade...and a few years before then I was a fan of the show on TBS called Starrcade which originated video game playing on TV.