TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

After watching this

With Benoit's passing so suddenly, MAN, MAN, it's hard not to cry.

Part of me is glad it more than likely isn't related to Steroids, but the fact that it could be a murder/suicide makes me sort of wish it was steroids.

My dad called me about two minutes after Raw started in Canada, which was the first time he heard this awful news. At that point, I hadn't heard anything along the lines of the homicide aspect. I told my dad "This is unreal. This is probably the first time since Owen that it wasn't the lifestyle of a pro wrestler catching up" But I agree 100% with Marvin.

I'm going to say something here, but I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. I don't mean it as bad as it sounds - it seems like it's always my favorites that this happens to. Owen, Eddie, and now Benoit, you know? It's never one of the jobbers, or one of the guys that no one really likes, like a Chris Masters or someone of that status.

I don't want anything to happen to him, I'd hate that as well, but you see what I'm trying to say here. It's always the guys that everyone seems to love, and the favorites in the wrestling world.

After watching this

With Benoit's passing so suddenly, MAN, MAN, it's hard not to cry.

The last time I legitamtely cried was the day after a friend of a friend died last November. I was watching, also on YouTube, an Eddie tribute, featuring clips from the Eddie tribute. The straw that broke the camel's back was when Benoit broke down in tears.

Man I hate to say this folks, and if I am wrong........I dunno. But "murder-suicide", and Benoit calling WWE and saying that his family was "sick" and "throwing up blood" on Saturday.....what does it sound like? A guy trying to avoid the inevitable, to cover his tracks? Before I get blasted, I really do hope I am wrong. I really do.

Foxnews.com is reporting the following

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in the family's Georgia home Monday, the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said.

Lt. Tommy Pope said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., and the deparment was investigating the deaths as a homicide. Pope said results of autopsies were expected Tuesday.

Officials were not commenting to the press on the case otherwise, but the Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported cops saying the deaths were not gun-related.

I'm going to say something here, but I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. I don't mean it as bad as it sounds - it seems like it's always my favorites that this happens to. Owen, Eddie, and now Benoit, you know? It's never one of the jobbers, or one of the guys that no one really likes, like a Chris Masters or someone of that status.

I don't want anything to happen to him, I'd hate that as well, but you see what I'm trying to say here. It's always the guys that everyone seems to love, and the favorites in the wrestling world.

I know what you mean. But we really don't realize what we have until it's gone.

Its also possible nancy flipped, made up a story to get him to come home and proceeded to kill him. I just hope and pray to god that benoit didn't do the unthinkable. Its hard to even fatham this considering the comments about how much he cared for his family and why would he just up and leave and go home to do it? it doesn't make sense.

I know what you mean mate. There have been several deaths where I have thought along a similar line. It's hard to wonder why a guy like Hulk Hogan is still around, despite all the shit he's pulled during his career, and the good guys like Benoit or Eddie get taken. As you said with Masters, I don't want Hogan to die, but I struggle sometimes to see the fairness in it all.

Just supposing it does come down that it was a murder/suicide..I wonder how the WWF will treat Benoit after that? Would they keep him out of the HOF (since Im guessing he's a lock for the WM 24 HOF Inductee list) over it for instance?

By the way, if anyone can post any new updates from the torch, observer, or pwi it would be greatly appreciated. As one would expect there is a lot of traffic there and I can't connect to any of them.

edit..i was able to get this from the observer

There is very little conclusive regarding the death of Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel.

The three were found dead by the sheriff's department in Peachtree City, GA, after a WWE official had called because they had been unable to reach Chris after numerous attempts.

Lt. Tommy Pope told the Associated Press that it was being investigated as a homicide pending results of a preliminary autopsy report that will come out tomorrow. No gunshot wounds were found.

Guest Nobody in Particular

The problem with the murder-suicide theory is that even at the most out of their mind, neither would go after their own son. I'm leaning more towards carbon monoxide poisoning myself, but given the lack of info, who really knows?

I feel so selfish about this, I want it to be something else. Carbon monoxide poisoning, the blood they were supposedly throwing up, a meteor hitting their house… anything but murder/suicide. I just don't want to think of Chris going out that way.

You idealize wrestlers, you follow their careers, but you don't really know them. I have no idea what demons Chris had. I just hope it didn't cause him to go over the edge. At the end of the day, they are dead and it sucks. But if it was murder/sucide... man. I can't even think about it.

As it is, RIP Nancy, Daniel, and Chris.

---

Changes do need to be made in the WWE, though, I suppose that will keep for another day.

Just supposing it does come down that it was a murder/suicide..I wonder how the WWF will treat Benoit after that? Would they keep him out of the HOF (since Im guessing he's a lock for the WM 24 HOF Inductee list) over it for instance?

Hard to say but I doubt it. They could still frame him as a man with demons and his demons overcame him in a way none of us could have ever expected.

I'm not speculating on what happened, at all. Speculation leads to internet rumor and that's a waste. Who knows what happened, that's the job of the police to figure this all out. As of right now, we know nothing more than three people are dead.

The problem with the murder-suicide theory is that even at the most out of their mind, neither would go after their own son. I'm leaning more towards carbon monoxide poisoning myself, but given the lack of info, who really knows?

I read one report that said Chris Benoit called WWE Sunday night before Vengeance and told them he wouldn't make the show because his wife and son were very ill and were spitting up blood. Don't know how reliable the information was.

I don't know what to say. I had the chance a few years ago to meet Benoit after a show in Ames, Iowa. The man was everything wrestling should be. What's most important is that he did it his way...he wasn't the biggest, the most muscular, or had the best promos. He just went into the ring and busted his ass...period. I think the last time I felt like this for the passing of a wrestler was when Bruiser Brody was murdered.

RIP Chris Benoit...you will truly be missed. :(

I think, given how they were possibly discovered...using the terms "slain"...would indicate something more drastic.

Crash Holly, Rocco Rock, Louie Spicolli, Renegade, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Sherri... jobbers and those no longer in the limelight die young too.

Also I don't think wishing ill on people like Hulk Hogan because talented guys pass away does any good, especially since he already lost his cousin Mike Awesome to suicide this year.

If Snuka is a HOFer considering what he did, even if the worst comes out about this situation I can't see them turning a blind eye to the good he did was a performer.

For awhile I was leaning towards carbon monoxide poisoning as well. But the fact that they are still using the word homicide has me thing that a knife was involved since there is no mention of a gun being used.

Man this is horrible, its my birthday tomorrow and now this.

Real sad and its extremely weird that Wellington and Benoit die so close to one another. Its fuking horrible.

RIP Benoit, you were the greatest

RIP Women

RIP Daniel

Horrible

I don't want to pile on this theory's bandwagon, but in the case of a parent killing a child in addition to the spouse, it usually is because the parent would rather the child die than be left up for grabs in the foster system/not knowing who would take care of the child. Morbid but true.

Sad thing is, this does happen all the time to a lot of undercard guys, but it isn't made a big deal as such.

Big Bossman, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome? They were taken way too young and could still have made successful comebacks later in their career. But there wasn't much hooplah other than a few sad fans and a graphic to remember them by. Crash Holly barely even got a mention when he died.

If Al Snow or Funaki died in the same manner, I sincerely doubt that RAW would be canceled.

Imagine now if Triple H, John Cena, or Shawn Michaels were found dead? All WWE TV would be canceled for at least a month.

Hearing Gretta Van Sustran on Fox News report on Chris' death has to be one of the most surreal things I have ever seen.

I'm just floored right now.

Chavo said Benoit was perfectly fine the night before. Not like he was hours away from snapping and killing his family. If he was that crazy, there would have been warning signs.